<Gold Donor>
Don't think too hard here boys.

1670513816838.png

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Dunno if its a psyker thing, a bad teammates thing, or me being used to the power level of my fully geared VT2 characters, but I feel weak as fuck. I did a difficulty 3 'scan for plague' map last night and I was getting beaten like a ragdoll even when my teammates were sticking together. I think most of it seems to be that shit is *CONSTANTLY* coming up from behind me in a way that was far less common in VT2, but even when I wasn't getting hit from behind it felt like I was struggling to manage a simple horde of poxwalkers with the standard light attack/dodge/push weaving.

Maybe it was partially a teammate thing? I know I make a point of watching my teammates backs as best I can during melee, maybe nobody was doing the same for me. But dudes coming up from behind does seem to be about 100x as common here as it was in VT2.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I think most of it seems to be that shit is *CONSTANTLY* coming up from behind me in a way that was far less common in VT2..

It's really this IMO. Too many times you get whacked from behind when you think you've cleared your backside. That chip damage adds up real fast. I do my best to keep the Psy clear so he can go ham.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Dunno if its a psyker thing, a bad teammates thing, or me being used to the power level of my fully geared VT2 characters, but I feel weak as fuck. I did a difficulty 3 'scan for plague' map last night and I was getting beaten like a ragdoll even when my teammates were sticking together. I think most of it seems to be that shit is *CONSTANTLY* coming up from behind me in a way that was far less common in VT2, but even when I wasn't getting hit from behind it felt like I was struggling to manage a simple horde of poxwalkers with the standard light attack/dodge/push weaving.

Maybe it was partially a teammate thing? I know I make a point of watching my teammates backs as best I can during melee, maybe nobody was doing the same for me. But dudes coming up from behind does seem to be about 100x as common here as it was in VT2.
Psyker feels bad because every hit interrupts you, and everything cool Pskyers do has a cast time.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
There are enemy only doors everywhere on every map. You have to constantly check your back.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
It's really this IMO. Too many times you get whacked from behind when you think you've cleared your backside. That chip damage adds up real fast. I do my best to keep the Psy clear so he can go ham.

It makes a metal on metal dragging sound just before you are struck, once you learn to listen for it you will be able to block before anything hits you. There are a lot of mechanics to learn.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Psyker feels bad because every hit interrupts you, and everything cool Pskyers do has a cast time.

That and I think people rely too much on Brain Burst after playing lower tiers. Once you get to T4+ it no longer one shots special enemies. I still use it for clearing snipers, ranged, bosses but I have to make sure absolutely nothing is on me. Force sword does just as much damage with the special attack so I use it more because I can still block.

EDIT: I keep getting Power sword and force sword confused.

Last edited:

Caliane

Psyker imho has the highest skill ceiling by far.
Zealot #2. nearly melee only, got to learn how to slide run everywhere. When to do front line, when to protect the psyker/vet.

Psyker has to juggle peril, cast times, melee, and 3 core weapons. pulling out a grenade is not the same as a psyker needing to swap to BB and target some sniper, or chain it on a boss.

Force sword is king.
Its a defensive beast. its dps, is meh. but you can tank/solo demonhosts with the force sword. It has -dodge distance innate, lame. but infinite dodge. meaning, no decay on repeated dodging.
That means you want +stam on pyskers.
Its block is a large aoe block. its block/push is a large aoe stagger. its block/push counter, is a single target push/knockdown.

Deflector blessing is massive on it. letting you block ranged attacks as well as melee. king for getting allies up. Kinetic deflection perk is also recommended. moving speed while quelling is nice. but, kinetic deflection gives you a HUGE stam bar essentially in melee. lets you save stam for dodging.

Its light attack 1 is a vanguard cleave. its heavy attack 2 is a "strikdown", but also is a sweep from left to right cleave.
Practice this. Block. light attack, heavy attack, block. get the timing down. This will dramatically improve your horde clear.
Also, try aiming for head shots when doing this. they force sword does decent headshot damage, while its base damage is low.

Non-force weapons actually have accelerated peril decay.
100 peril passively will take like 30+seconds to decay with force sword or staff.
about 10s with a dueling sword, passively.
6s or less with 70% increased quell speed, and quelling.

yes, keeping your back to a wall is pretty key. getting back attacked does fuck you up as pysker more then others.

fire staff is a horde slayer of course. it left attack can be popped quick. decent stagger. weak versus armor. sustained can kill bosses quick.
can ground target a bit. probably the weapon of choice if you want to solo demonhosts. block/dodge with force sword. back off, poke with firestaff, back to block/dodge with force sword.

Lit staff is of course limited target, massive CC. its CC staggers most things right through charges/dives. its weakness is limited targets, and inability to direct target things behind others. trapper BEHIND the horde. its lit damage has solid crit rate though. And it totally ignores armor. It deals 100% damage right through all armor tiers.

void staff. very strong versus hordes coming right at you. very weak versus scattered hordes. or back attacks. also weak versus armor, but can deal weakpoint damage when aimed. can be aimed at the feet of some of the bosses. does NOT pierce armor. many people insist it has infinite pierce. but if you fire at an armored target, it will stop at the first.

trauma staff. probably underrated. this this has the highest raw dps, and massive CC. open it up . 600 stagger. can be aimed at feet to throw targets around in the direction you want them to fly.

I use lit staff 99% of the time. I find it most consistent. those loose zombies, most dangerous elite/special threats.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm lvl 16 and have yet to be offered a surge staff by the vendor so I'm using a lasgun. Pretty good all around weapon, although I try not to use it too much so I'm not competing for ammo drops. Can endlessly spam brainburst as long as you don't start one at 100% peril, so that's what I normally do in ranged standoffs, force sword rest of the time.

Caliane

dont spam brainburst. frankly its kindof shit. too slow. only use it for snipers, and bombers, really. Its peril gen is too high. especially at your level. when you get a 70% increased quell speed weapon, or some peril resist then it can be used a bit more often.
Peril resist via perks that is. one of the design flaws is BB swaps out weapons.. so any peril resist on sword or staff has no effect on BB peril generation. can swap to a staff to weapon to quell though.
If G didn't weapon swap to BB or grenades for the others, that alone would be a large brain burst buff. Decent one for zealot as well.

BB is probably solid for boss kills. again, quell speed/peril resist helps.. But, while force sword right click is massive dps, it does put you into melee with bosses. and that sucks. if you can get clear, BB on bosses is solid dps. flame staff is easy boss dps. lit staff is low tier boss dps. although gets better with crit. void is good boss dps, but shit versus boss adds.

I'd be using the trauma staff if you don't have a surge yet. Its wonky yeah. but again, hits hard. consider WHERE exactly you are aiming its blast as well, knowing it has massive knockback/throw. aka, throw enemies off ledges?, throw enemies towards allies to kill.
trauma is the first you get, but probably has the highest skill ceiling itself. which is has some impact on why everyone thinks its shit. they get it first, don't know how to use it, don't know how to play pysker and hate it.

Remember you can fire staves without fully charging. I've YET to determine if there is any peril or dps advantage to fully charge versus firing off as fast as possible. doesn't really seem to be. seems pretty close to even, so theres little reason to fully charge.

Last edited:

rad

Lord of Guk
Anyone run into weekly's not giving you credit for completion?

View attachment 446792

Yeah - had it happen a few times now with Scrips and Grims. Might be coincidence, but it's only been an issue on my Ogryn as well.

Reroll that secondary objective weekly, those are complete trash based on the current mission board structure.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Yeah - had it happen a few times now with Scrips and Grims. Might be coincidence, but it's only been an issue on my Ogryn as well.

Reroll that secondary objective weekly, those are complete trash based on the current mission board structure.

Tried. Think you only get three attempts at re-rolls?

Muurloen

The Emperor gifted me this dagger. He is really tempting me to do the dagger cheese build.

1670593520388.png

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
1670604756400.png

wish the 380 base I vendorquested then upgraded from a blue was a gauntlet but I can go with this for a while

380 shield combo is gonna take a long time I bet

• 1Like

Muurloen

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Greetings subjects, we are going to trickle out a few more things that should have been in the game at launch to keep you appeased while we continue to put forth minimum effort.

• 1Like