Warhammer 40k: Darktide

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Definitely this was on a veteran difficulty level. This player shot the shit out of the ogryn teammate several times, but no friendly fire bitching.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I hope friendly fire is toned down quite a bit if the game is going to be more ranged-centric than VT2.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
This looks nice, while I loved the personality of each char in Vermintide, letting people customize their chars a bit more seems interesting, and they can still keep the whole personality thing going with voices.

I hope friendly fire is toned down quite a bit if the game is going to be more ranged-centric than VT2.
I think this is why they have rechargeable shields on everyone. This basically lets you block random shots "for free" every now and then. They'll probably tone it done some, but likely not that much at higher difficulties, instead relying on the fact you always "heal" a certain part of your hp between fights, which will let you deal with friendly fire dmg much more easily.

Muurloen

I think this is why they have rechargeable shields on everyone. This basically lets you block random shots "for free" every now and then. They'll probably tone it done some, but likely not that much at higher difficulties, instead relying on the fact you always "heal" a certain part of your hp between fights, which will let you deal with friendly fire dmg much more easily.
Good point. Temp health doesnt seem to be a thing in this one

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Was hoping they would have a shield and gun class.

Like this big fella coming at ya...

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

All good info. I'm actually a little thankful he didn't know anything about 40k and came at it from a more unbiased perspective instead of the usual knob-gobblers in the GW universe.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, new release date is 11/30. At least it didn't slip all the way into '23.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, new release date is 11/30. At least it didn't slip all the way into '23.
I wouldn't bet much on it not being pushed back again, iirc Vermintide 2 slipped the date a couple of times, and was still released like a month too early.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
True. Should be interesting to see what sort of state it's in when they do the network playtest.

Muurloen

One thing that hurt V2 on release was optimization.

The closed beta I got into about a month or so ago was chugging pretty bad. Hopefully they are able to shore it up before this is set to release in a month.

There is another closed beta next week if you want to sign up for it.

---
Milk&Cookies has a bit more to talk about the above video.

Looks like we are getting sub-classes like we did in V2.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users