Warhammer 40k: Darktide

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Looks like it's Vermintide set in 40k Universe.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yay, another game that will start out fun and then get progressively worse as Fatshark obsesses over making you play the game THEIR way and THEIR way only.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I think Vermintide 2 got better since I came back

I read a cataclysm guide saying you need a certain comp, then watched vids of ranged/kite comps demolishing shit - was obviously harder but still viable

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I think Vermintide 2 got better since I came back

I read a cataclysm guide saying you need a certain comp, then watched vids of ranged/kite comps demolishing shit - was obviously harder but still viable
You can certainly make everything work but they kinda fuck around with buffing something too much, then nerfing it later and it can get annoying especially if you liked the thing. Some things are totally worth nerfing, but it sucks when it was the thing you liked and they nerfed it too much so now it's barely playable. Shit like Kerillian Quick Bow(which was rebuffed just recently mind, but was nerfed forever ago and sucked for the longest time) or a bunch of Sienna's staves and such. I don't really keep track of stuff too much so not sure what's the state now but they kept making the game harder too even though you need a fairly long time to get to a point where you can get to legendary feeling "too easy".

Ultimately I'd say they're pretty shit at balancing and few things hit the mark properly back when I played, it was overnerfed and overbuffed or not buffed or nerfed enough, and shit still felt like they had no idea what they were doing a bunch of times, and since they were balancing 25things at the same time even when something would have been balanced before the changes, it ended up imbalanced due to other changes. Just weird ass shit. But eh still had a lot of fun for the 200+ hours I played, so not gonna say it was total shit and I hated it, game wasn't even full price iirc, so I'm looking forward to this, whatever it is.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Is it like Inquisitor Martyr? Played the shit out of that on ps.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Is it like Inquisitor Martyr? Played the shit out of that on ps.
Assuming it's like Vermintide, not at all. It's somewhat like Left 4 Dead, coop FPS with specific goals in each maps(escaping, freeing someone, destroying something, killing a boss etc). Vermintide's strength is its really good melee combat so not 100% sure how this one is gonna work since the trailer looked like you're playing as Imperials, which don't really do the Space Marines Power Sword thing too much(one of them had a chainsaw but eh).

• 2Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
They could toss an Ogryn in there for melee.
I mean sure but in Vermintide, everyone's melee with ranged options(besides when they fucked up balance and Kerillian and Sienna were permanent ranged which was pretty broken) while in 40K you'd expect the contrary, so it's gonna change the gameplay a lot I feel. Also I'll be really sad if there's no Tyranids in this to kill.

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
Gears with WH40K IP would rock. Wouldn't mind Vermintide clone too much, though.

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
I don't understand why you'd make a game like this and then NOT have the 4 characters Space Marines. Who the fuck wants to play Imperial Guard? Plus Marines would naturally lend itself to character differentiation (Librarian, Chaplain, Grunt, HW, etc.). Lots of combinations. I'll definitely be playing this but I've basically been hoping for a 40K version of Vermintide with Marines for a long time.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1WTF

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I don't understand why you'd make a game like this and then NOT have the 4 characters Space Marines. Who the fuck wants to play Imperial Guard? Plus Marines would naturally lend itself to character differentiation (Librarian, Chaplain, Grunt, HW, etc.). Lots of combinations. I'll definitely be playing this but I've basically been hoping for a 40K version of Vermintide with Marines for a long time.
Fuck space marines, Guardsmen in this setting is baller. Can’t fucking wait!

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm a little sick of Space Marines actually. Guardsmen means it's probably going to be more ranged based.

• 2Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Obviously you start off with everyone playing guard, but offer Microtransactions to temporarily turn into a Space Marine or Terminator. Make that money.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Abilities and or triggers that call in support strikes and such could be cool. Replace what bombs and such do currently.

Last edited:

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Assuming it's like Vermintide, not at all. It's somewhat like Left 4 Dead, coop FPS with specific goals in each maps(escaping, freeing someone, destroying something, killing a boss etc). Vermintide's strength is its really good melee combat so not 100% sure how this one is gonna work since the trailer looked like you're playing as Imperials, which don't really do the Space Marines Power Sword thing too much(one of them had a chainsaw but eh).
Left4Dead had a single player mode when not cooping which was why I loved it so much. Vermintide is only coop right?

Morsakin

Golden Knight of the Realm

I'm with you -- I think a Deathwatch setting would lend itself well to diverse groups of individuals, e.g. Vermintide. But it would need all the bells and whistles, with legitimate 40k HUD (Augur scans, flexible HUD elements) and stay true to their stealth / covert means of going about their business, not guns blazing unless there's no other option.

Alas, a man can dream -- still certainly interested in this until the impossible happens.