Warhammer 40k: Darktide

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
First impression is pretty mediocre. Like if they had actually done nothing more than just reskinning VT2, it would be an improvement.

Hedeon

Molten Core Raider
While they stated that Game Pass wouldn't be cross compatible with Steam for now it also seems like its an older build that is missing some of the QoL updates from the launch patch.

I loved VT2 and was super pumped for this release but after playing the stress test they did in Nov I couldn't see myself getting this game on launch. How can you make a third game of a similar type and not implement lessons learned from the previous titles? I am sure most of my issues will be fixed and I'll pick it up on a sale at some point in the future but my Ogryn ass is bummed.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
While they stated that Game Pass wouldn't be cross compatible with Steam for now it also seems like its an older build that is missing some of the QoL updates from the launch patch.

I loved VT2 and was super pumped for this release but after playing the stress test they did in Nov I couldn't see myself getting this game on launch. How can you make a third game of a similar type and not implement lessons learned from the previous titles? I am sure most of my issues will be fixed and I'll pick it up on a sale at some point in the future but my Ogryn ass is bummed.
But they made damn sure the cash shop is working!

• 2Rustled
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
They disabled RTing

• Ray tracing is currently disabled for AMD and Intel GPU users while investigating issues related to our support for these GPU's. We are working closely with our hardware partners to resolve this as soon as possible. Until then, ray tracing is turned off by default to avoid any issues in playing the game.
  • Ray tracing optimization and performance. This is an area we continue to work on, and we see issues with performance.

Hedeon

Molten Core Raider
They disabled RTing

• Ray tracing is currently disabled for AMD and Intel GPU users while investigating issues related to our support for these GPU's. We are working closely with our hardware partners to resolve this as soon as possible. Until then, ray tracing is turned off by default to avoid any issues in playing the game.
  • Ray tracing optimization and performance. This is an area we continue to work on, and we see issues with performance.
From what I understand part of the current issue is that it's turned off but it's still on despite what it says and you have to go in to your files and change them manually. I've got 800+ hours in VT2 and I'd have more if it wasn't for my wrist and I've picked up all the DLC classes and like one or two cosmetics but this is just disappointing and I wasn't expecting much after the beta. While this isn't Cyberpunk or BF2042 levels of clown at least BF2042 knew better than putting the cash shop in for a few months till they could fix the basic shit.

Caliane

darktide reddit is alot of bitching about cash shop having priority over actually finishing the game. the Fomo nature of the shops. "beta" which was obviously not a beta. "release" which is clearly work in progress Early access.

Kindof baffles me, anyone can think a "beta" 2 weeks before release is actually a beta, and that any content can actually be fixed, or added in that time. hell, even minor bugs would be tough to squash in that time. Its not 2002. The idea of devs putting out these prerelease demos is not a new thing.

Also yeah, gamepass version is behind. don't have the detailed weapon breakdowns.
Although, cashshop is working on gamepass too.

Last edited:

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It feels like im playing a game developed by a studio that is brand new to the genre rather than a studio that has worked exclusively in the genre for the last 8 years.

Fatshark has a lot more passion/enthusiasm than they do competence/skill/integrity.

Caliane

Arch calls it Vermintide 3. I do see alot of that sentiment as well. They appear to have learned nothing from the mistakes in V1 and V2. I havn't played enough to say that myself. but, would agree on first impressions with that. I had issues with V2's progression, crafting, etc. This doesn't really look better.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
**Breaking**
Supposedly there is a bug right now that if you have % increase to your toughness curios, you will be eating more damage.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
That RayTracing fix upped my FPS across the board by 20 and removed the stuttering I got from Ogryn grenade launcher impacts.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is any PC game in the last few years actually ready at release? I'd argue, no. Wait 6 months before buying any game.

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Is any PC game in the last few years actually ready at release? I'd argue, no. Wait 6 months before buying any game.

I agree but I'm still having a blast. First game in a long while I've picked up at launch.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Dont buy it, play it on gamepass. Any shortcomings I have with it have been forgivable because of that fact, even though Im playing it on a 10 year old PC and not my brand new one. Long ass startup time, but once Ive played a match - the load times become significantly quicker.

• 1Solidarity