Warhammer 40k: Darktide

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Patch goes live at 5pm CST. It's going to be an absolute shit show due to everyone getting off work, good job FS!

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Welp. They nailed this shit. You know when you can't choose which abilities are better, they did a great job.

Fuckin Psykers are crazy now.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

stankwoo

Silver Knight of the Realm
Great news, time to get this installed via Game Pass and give it a shot. Haven't played it but heard about this update so mega curious.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Ya. Damnations need to be upped somehow. Too many abilities to counter a lot of the elites. Three Damnations in a row with no deaths.

Hekotat

They absolutely nailed it.

No hitreg issues, performance feels smooth and the game feels more fun than it ever has.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

Ya. Damnations need to be upped somehow. Too many abilities to counter a lot of the elites. Three Damnations in a row with no deaths.

I'm sure they want more people doing maelstroms and aurics.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I tried a match for the first time since launch week on account of all the "big patches". Got a map I've already done dozens of times. Some talents made things a bit different I guess, sometimes there were blue swirlies coming out of the psyker.

Poked around base, found the rng gear vendor still had zero weapons I'm interested in and a 19 minute refresh, logged off.

This game just isn't for me I guess. Not at all excited to do random queues since my friends also long since moved on.

Hekotat

I tried a match for the first time since launch week on account of all the "big patches". Got a map I've already done dozens of times. Some talents made things a bit different I guess, sometimes there were blue swirlies coming out of the psyker.

Poked around base, found the rng gear vendor still had zero weapons I'm interested in and a 19 minute refresh, logged off.

This game just isn't for me I guess. Not at all excited to do random queues since my friends also long since moved on.

That's a bummer, this game is banging right now.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
That's a bummer, this game is banging right now.
Eh. Steam just kinda ran out, randos shooting daemon hosts wiping 15 min in, same maps, same guns, slow progression. I'll probably check it out again when they add new classes or significant content but for now it's just kinda tedious going into the same map and realizing how long it is.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?

It's not just a you problem, it's a game problem.

The talent tree looks cool, but should have existed last year when the game launched.

It's nice that they are working on stuff still I guess, but the game is still completely hamstrung by some truly baffling core itemization and design decisions.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
...but the game is still completely hamstrung by some truly baffling core itemization and design decisions.

Genuinely curious. Can you give an examples?

It's no secret I love this game even when it kinda sucked, but now I feel it's in a good place.

They finally got the crafting in. The mission terminal rework is good, not great. The couple maps they added are great. The auric levels are exciting.

The talent trees are finally in and are damn good.

The biggest thing I think they did was with the talent tree addition, they buffed every class! Like I will never say this shit out loud, but jeez they need to tone down some abilities. How often can we say that a developer does this?

The game is just missing loadouts IMO.

Launch. 5/10. Now 8/10.

Hekotat Hekotat there is no fuckin way they keep Psyker this OP. Unlimited lightning? Come on!

• 1Like

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer

It's no secret I love this game even when it kinda sucked, but now I feel it's in a good place.

They finally got the crafting in. The mission terminal rework is good, not great. The couple maps they added are great. The auric levels are exciting.

The biggest thing I think they did was with the talent tree addition, they buffed every class! Like I will never say this shit out loud, but jeez they need to tone down some abilities. How often can we say that a developer does this?

Launch. 5/10. Now 8/10.

Hekotat Hekotat there is no fuckin way they keep Psyker this OP. Unlimited lightning? Come on!
My buddy last night with his psyker did nearly 1M damage, 50k stagger, 23k boss damage with his lightning psyker. I was already asleep when he pulled this off.

1696432675540.png

They are gonna have to detune that fucker a bit.

--

There are load outs for your talent trees. Top right corner on that screen saves the build you have active and allows you to create a new one.

• 1Mother of God

Palum

what Suineg set it to

Launch. 5/10. Now 8/10.

Gear is still lame IMO. I left with an auto gun legendary @500 that is clearly way better than anything else I can access. Right now I have to keep playing rng mission rewards or camp the shop for a bolter or usable lasgun again that doesn't do way worse. That's not even a better one, just one that isn't shit. But the vendor is selling like 380-430ish weapons, so unlikely that I'll be able to get out from under the autogun any time soon with only 1-2 blues viable rolls every refresh. Then there's the reward legos which are all garbage for me this week again.

So TBH, I don't really feel like grinding the game to get back to a point where playing it feels like fun because of where I got stuck with a slow trickle of RNG loot. New talents are cool I guess but can't try out much variance with the one gun I have.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Gear is still lame IMO. I left with an auto gun legendary @500 that is clearly way better than anything else I can access. Right now I have to keep playing rng mission rewards or camp the shop for a bolter or usable lasgun again that doesn't do way worse. That's not even a better one, just one that isn't shit. But the vendor is selling like 380-430ish weapons, so unlikely that I'll be able to get out from under the autogun any time soon with only 1-2 blues viable rolls every refresh. Then there's the reward legos which are all garbage for me this week again.

So TBH, I don't really feel like grinding the game to get back to a point where playing it feels like fun because of where I got stuck with a slow trickle of RNG loot. New talents are cool I guess but can't try out much variance with the one gun I have.

Gotcha. In case you didn't know, you are no longer looking for a better weapon, but a weapon that has better perks to pull off that weapon, and put onto your current weapon if you have a keeper. Now it's pretty easy to get everything you want in weapons and curios.

bbb.jpg

Hekotat

Launch. 5/10. Now 8/10.

It has loadouts for gear sets and talents.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users