Warhammer 40k: Darktide

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Tried veteran and psyker so far. Liking the psyker the best, fun blowing stuff up and oneself overload, kek. Not going to play the ogryn on xbx, can't see shit bc of shield. But damn they're awesome. Was saved once on max difficulty by one, just shield stunning his way to rescued us 3 clothies. Fun.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Tried veteran and psyker so far. Liking the psyker the best, fun blowing stuff up and oneself overload, kek. Not going to play the ogryn on xbx, can't see shit bc of shield. But damn they're awesome. Was saved once on max difficulty by one, just shield stunning his way to rescued us 3 clothies. Fun.

Psyker is really fun but my internet connection plus their shitty servers means I die a lot due the game not recognizing weapon swapping so I just shelved it for now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
So I finally just tried hardest difficulty on my support / smite psyker within the past week, auric damnation or whatever it is. It’s fun and I enjoy it, but it’s not hard enough. I won a number of games in it right off the bat, and it’s certainly not because I’m amazing.

I’m comparing it to VT2 cataclysm which was brutal unless you were really on top of things. Cata kinda required great skill and very thoughtful items. I feel like this is way more forgiving at the moment. Cataclysm for me at least was “edge of seat” every time.

I was reading some people saying since the class overhaul was done the mobs haven’t kept up and they need to up things somehow.

Hekotat

So I finally just tried hardest difficulty on my support / smite psyker within the past week, auric damnation or whatever it is. It’s fun and I enjoy it, but it’s not hard enough. I won a number of games in it right off the bat, and it’s certainly not because I’m amazing.

I’m comparing it to VT2 cataclysm which was brutal unless you were really on top of things. Cata kinda required great skill and very thoughtful items. I feel like this is way more forgiving at the moment. Cataclysm for me at least was “edge of seat” every time.

I was reading some people saying since the class overhaul was done the mobs haven’t kept up and they need to up things somehow.

Don't worry there are modifiers that will make it insane and sometimes the AI director just gets tired of your shit.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Don't worry there are modifiers that will make it insane and sometimes the AI director just gets tired of your shit.
How do you get more of these modifiers though?

One time I was in one where the super dark mode was on which was fun and we actually won. But I’ve seen that literally once.

Hekotat

How do you get more of these modifiers though?

One time I was in one where the super dark mode was on which was fun and we actually won. But I’ve seen that literally once.

Make sure you are hitting the arrow in the bottom left corner of the mission terminal to switch over to Auric missions (Highlighted with blue square). When you select a mission it will display it's modifiers (Also highlighted in a blue square, top right corner).

These missions rotate out every 30 mins or so and every week or two they switch up what's available. It's a shitty system but you will get some that have no ammo pickups, stronger enemies, enemies that turn into monstrosities, etc.

A7MQ1CvCUP.jpg

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Make sure you are hitting the arrow in the bottom left corner of the mission terminal to switch over to Auric missions (Highlighted with blue square). When you select a mission it will display it's modifiers (Also highlighted in a blue square, top right corner).

These missions rotate out every 30 mins or so and every week or two they switch up what's available. It's a shitty system but you will get some that have no ammo pickups, stronger enemies, enemies that turn into monstrosities, etc.

View attachment 500211
Oh got it. I was only ever clicking quick play. Guess I’ll have to specifically look out to choose these.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hekotat

Oh got it. I was only ever clicking quick play. Guess I’ll have to specifically look out to choose these.

Also note that the "Maelstrom" should be the hardest one if I'm not mistaken, just above the Quicklplay button.

• 1Like

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
I really don’t like the mission format of this game. The gameplay and setting are great but the time investment in missions vs what you get out of them feels way off.

• 1Like

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
Yea thats what turned me off after about a week of casually playing. Missions were taking too long for the reward. Maybe this changes at late game? But like 1-15 I'm spending 40 minutes in these missions and basically just getting XP, some currency, and random weapon which I probably won't use. I'm assuming this gets better as you near max level. I love everything about the game, but it would be great if they revamped the whole mission terminal, rewards, and gearing loop. Just copy Vermintide.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
You will get gold weapons & curios when you complete things on damnation. It is a good source for pulling blessings for you to use on weapons down the road.

I do wish we could trade in weapons for plasteel or trade ordo dockets & diamentine for plasteel.

Hekotat

I really don’t like the mission format of this game. The gameplay and setting are great but the time investment in missions vs what you get out of them feels way off.

I play it more for fun than rewards. Do keep in mind that Daemonhosts reward extra Plasteel if you have someone that can tank it. You will also get random rewards from the emperor, the armory resets every hour and the stuff you buy from Melk resets daily at 7pm CST which is purchased by doing contracts. With that being said they need to rework some of the RNG but I don't have an answer for how.

New mission is great, really challenging at the end. Performance seems better and they finally fixed Raytracing always being on by default each time you load the game.

• 1Solidarity

Nija

<Silver Donator>
I'm not saying it should be a loot pinata game, but like one or two items every 40 minutes isn't a good reward cycle.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
I'm not saying it should be a loot pinata game, but like one or two items every 40 minutes isn't a good reward cycle.
Ordo Dockets rain from the sky.

You can use those dockets to buy random gray of your weapon of choice from Brunt's Armory. From there you can concentrate them from gray all the way to gold.

A vast majority of my inventory is from spending millions of ordo dockets to farm up 370 to 380 rated grays.

Last edited:

Nija

<Silver Donator>
You should be buying/re-rolling items.
That's not very clear to those of us who stopped playing after the first month. I'm not sure what is possible in this game, but the end result is that I don't play.

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
That's not very clear to those of us who stopped playing after the first month. I'm not sure what is possible in this game, but the end result is that I don't play.

Apologies.

You get different currencies after each match. Also gear if you complete the mission. The gear I usually just sell it. BUT once in awhile you get a piece of gear that has a level four perk and blessing. If it has one of each, it's worth re-rolling if the modifiers are decent to great. You can also pull blessings off gear if it's worth it.

I mostly go to Brunt's armory and use the gold I have accumulated and buy white level gear until the item I want has great modifiers. I usually buy between 10-15 pieces before I find a decent piece. Anything over 360 gear score I keep and reroll. Once I have that white piece of gear with great modifiers, I go over to Hadron's and have her consecrate the white item. If I get one level four perk and blessings I keep it and refine the perk that I don't want for one that I do want.

The blessings. You want to pull good blessings off gear by "earning blessings" also at Hadron. When you find a good piece of gear that is worth keeping...swap the blessing if you want to to something better or more your style of play.

You can also buy from Melk with currency you earn from dailies. I pretty much just look for gear to pull blessings off of at this point in the game. My curios are all 165, and my weapons are 530+

You can upgrade gear really fast this way until you hit around gear 510+ for weapons, and 140+ for curios. After that, it's a slow climb to better gear scores.

Hope that helps.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
If you liked Left for Dead and 40k, the game owns

People need to quit crab pottin this 1