Warhammer 40K: Rogue Trader (CRPG)

Qhue

Trump's Staff
There are some serious bugs as is typical of an Owlcat initial release. I just had to run a combat three times because one of the bad guys kept running into a wall and then despawning which left me stuck in combat after everyone else was dead.

The combat system is also peculiar. I swear the NPCs end up shooting their friends more often than I shoot them, which is okay as the Sister of Battle can't hit the broad side of a barn.

Sanadebe

Trakanon Raider
The NPCs also appear to be able to shoot you whereever you position your team, behind heavy cover etc, yet the same is very much not true when shooting back

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Sister is so good though, up that ballistic skill, give her a few buffs/perks and mow down 6 dudes at once. Bolters and innately inaccurate due to massive recoil but when one shot goes through 3 dudes and two of them are cut in half left to tumble down some stairs...make me giggle every time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
The NPCs also appear to be able to shoot you whereever you position your team, behind heavy cover etc, yet the same is very much not true when shooting back
Lazguns and all lasers basically ignore cover which is what most of them are using. I have a deadeye las sniper that has 95% chance to hit no matter where they are.

• 1Like

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lazguns and all lasers basically ignore cover which is what most of them are using. I have a deadeye las sniper that has 95% chance to hit no matter where they are.
That makes no sense whatsoever in the setting of 40k

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
That makes no sense whatsoever in the setting of 40k
Ignore cover is too strong, it makes it "less effective" because it also reduces dodge bonus. Trade off is you can only hit one target at a time. They already throwing 15+ dudes my party on the regular so over penetration weapons have been king.

Really enjoying the story so far, this is the first 40K game where they really capture how shitty the universe is. Also discovered using the warp for abilities can summon demons right next to my casters.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ignore cover is too strong, it makes it "less effective" because it also reduces dodge bonus. Trade off is you can only hit one target at a time. They already throwing 15+ dudes my party on the regular so over penetration weapons have been king.

Really enjoying the story so far, this is the first 40K game where they really capture how shitty the universe is. Also discovered using the warp for abilities can summon demons right next to my casters.

I want it to be a great game and story, but the track record is pretty bad for 40k. Have to wait and see (plus bug fixes).

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
btw for those of you wading through the release instead of waiting for some rounds of bug fixes, enjoy Cassia while you can before they (probably) nerf her.

Caliane

btw for those of you wading through the release instead of waiting for some rounds of bug fixes, enjoy Cassia while you can before they (probably) nerf her.
Not sure how much build guides are needed for this. but crpg bro is making them.

• 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
So what's the verdict so far from you guys that are playing it? Worth picking up during the holiday sale, or wait a bit?

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
So what's the verdict so far from you guys that are playing it? Worth picking up during the holiday sale, or wait a bit?
If you really like this type of game and 40k I wouldn’t wait.

I haven’t encountered any bugs yet, my plan is beat the game now, shelve it until DLC and improvements for a heretical play through.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sanadebe

Trakanon Raider

I'm enjoying it, the universe feels very 40k, the bugs aren't too often, though they are a little jarring at times.

The most annoying part is void travel/void battles, both which take forever

• 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I'm enjoying it, the universe feels very 40k, the bugs aren't too often, though they are a little jarring at times.

The most annoying part is void travel/void battles, both which take forever
Are the void battles as annoying as the army battles in PFwotr? Those were kind of fun at first but they just got so tedious and annoying.

Sanadebe

Trakanon Raider
Are the void battles as annoying as the army battles in PFwotr? Those were kind of fun at first but they just got so tedious and annoying.
Arguably worse, because they take a surprisingly long time, and grinding out the rep with the navy to get your ship up seems inordinately difficult outside of colonies.

You never just annilate them in the way you could at least in WOTR

• 1Like

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'd say only big drawback is way too much dialogue but you can skip through it easily.

BTW just saw this roundup of every 40k video game ever made. There's been almost 50:

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users