Warhammer 40K: Rogue Trader (CRPG)

Sanadebe

Trakanon Raider
Also, Cassia + Jae + Idira = a powerhouse of psycic/navigator nukes with mass recasts (especially once you get the one that reduces warp instability by 1 every time Cassia uses a navigator power

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Arguably worse, because they take a surprisingly long time, and grinding out the rep with the navy to get your ship up seems inordinately difficult outside of colonies.

You never just annilate them in the way you could at least in WOTR
The Pathfinder game had a mod fairly quickly that allowed you to autowin the auto resolve. Anyone checked out the mod scene yet?

I agree with Dr.Retarded Dr.Retarded in that the army battles were fun at first, but they weren't really able to capture the HoMM magic, so it got tedious. On the second+ playthroughs, I just used the mod to skip that part of the game.

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Are the void battles as annoying as the army battles in PFwotr? Those were kind of fun at first but they just got so tedious and annoying.
I am enjoying the ship battles, but I also really like pirate ship combat. Launching torpedoes to flank as I setup a double broadside turn maneuver is my jam.

• 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
The Pathfinder game had a mod fairly quickly that allowed you to autowin the auto resolve. Anyone checked out the mod scene yet?

I agree with Dr.Retarded Dr.Retarded in that the army battles were fun at first, but they weren't really able to capture the HoMM magic, so it got tedious. On the second+ playthroughs, I just used the mod to skip that part of the game.
Yeah I used a mod or something when I was still playing it because it just got too damn annoying. I mean it's need and all but but it is not fun but 100 time you dick around with it.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
One thing I find difficult in a way is that the setting morality is so strange that it make some dialog option not obvious because of it. It's kinda awesome though.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
One thing I find difficult in a way is that the setting morality is so strange that it make some dialog option not obvious because of it. It's kinda awesome though.
Morality is simple. When one can choose Blood for the Blood God, choose that option. Ignore all others.

• 3Solidarity
  • 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Just finished up the first star system hitting level 16. The game's biggest downside is that its not BG3. It is an Owlcat came with all that entails, lesser graphics, walls of text, some minor bugs at release, ect. But it is very true to the source material and reasonably interesting. The difficulty is also a bit of an issue, mainly in terms of consistency. A lot of the fights are easy, even without in depth knowledge of the game system, but then you get random difficulty spikes with gimmick shit (the Tzeench Herald fight comes to mind) that are brutal. The combat system itself seems to be very limited in terms of variety (at least at the point I am at) with basically you needing one or two hand to hand guys, Nav chick and other psychers, then toss sniper weapons on whoever is left. The terrain mechanics are also somewhat unbalanced, like Gav said earlier, with penetration trumping just about anything else. And whoever did the party member pathing AI needs to die in a fire.

Overall I am liking the game a lot, but its hard not to compare it against BG3 and notice the massive disparity in quality and effort. It is probably the best Owlcat game to come out, though.

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Ooo weee got Argenta a dogmatic Heavy bolter… chunk…chunk…chunk
So good, combined with gloves that reduce recoil by 50% everything in a cone is dying.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Sanadebe

Trakanon Raider
Really enjoying the grim dark nature, and on Daring, its challenging on a first play through.

Cassia with the ability that builds stacks which you can convert into end of combat +dmg means she can chain cast 140+ dmg nukes about three turns in if you use Jae to keep pushing her AP

My main gripe is just how terrible inventory management is. I like the cargo system, but the main inventory is a mess.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The level up system in this game is so weird.

It's nice that you level up a lot though. That's a bit different.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Turns out Cassia is far from the only OP companion and maybe not even the most busted one, I'll be surprised if they don't carpet bomb with nerfs in the not too distant future.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Turns out Cassia is far from the only OP companion and maybe not even the most busted one, I'll be surprised if they don't carpet bomb with nerfs in the not too distant future.
Who else is strong? I haven't gotten the game yet but just been watching stuff about it and wondering who you're talking about. Try not to watch too much though because I don't want to spoil anything. Mainly just trying to learn what this system is for when I go to actually play it.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Who else is strong? I haven't gotten the game yet but just been watching stuff about it and wondering who you're talking about. Try not to watch too much though because I don't want to spoil anything. Mainly just trying to learn what this system is for when I go to actually play it.
Argenta. I don't have the game either, I haven't even played through Kingmaker yet, let alone WotR, but since I watched a bunch of Pathfinder videos all of the Rogue Trader videos get recommended to me too.

Argenta with a longlas is absolutely unreal.

• 1Like

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I have a generic acting in the sniper role atm, but I may fiddle with that. Right now Argentia is rocking a bolter and just mowing down rooms for me, with the thunderhammer as backup in close. With the way the game piles on the adds, I am generally rocking her and the navigator and spamming extra turns on both of them most fights. The sniper mainly gets used to pick off straggers, chip bosses down, and surgically remove back rank support characters from the enemy. Game gets a lot easier once you get the shit that reduces the odds of perils of the warp from happening, but thats also about the time that the game starts spamming stun grenades and ignite.