Warhammer 40k

Brad2770

I wouldn't wanna go too custom on the plastics tbh

At a certain point you may as well be making up whatever you want and 3d printing everything
I’m not. Already talked to a Games Workshop guy about how much customization I can do and still be tournament able. Not sure why he is linking Spartan soldiers. I was talking about this Spartan:

I bought 15 Terminators this morning. I’m done now. Maybe. I hope.

Muurloen Muurloen
The guy said that a few custom shoulders or an added tabard wouldn’t disqualify me. Those are the only actual custom parts I have bought.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Yeah watch that grey mountain before u start painting.

It leads to you finishing one model and looking at a huge pile thinking you'll never finish and all that jazz.

And good you checked, I'm sure people will look for any reason possible to get you DQed.

• 3Like

Brad2770

I may buy some of those dragon born bodies to make my own Vulkan He’san for friendly battles. I think that’s as far as I would go for that stuff.

As for the mountain of plastic, I’m looking forward to it. I need something new in my life. Work and PS5 is getting old and it doesn’t challenge me anymore. I can’t exactly give up work, so the PS5 has to go.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
It was extremely good for me to unplug.

Don't look at the pile just enjoy the moment as you go. Set a year+ goal, took me at least that long.

• 1Edgelord
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

iamacynic37

FoH Honkler - HONK HONK MFr
<Banned>
Custom units definitely not allowed in GW tournaments, I've heard they've eased rules on 3rd party bits as long as they painted/not whole units.

Anyone following Templin Institute and their quest for Female Space Marines? I've personally been banned from their Discord and FB for griefing them so badly about this shit.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

Brad2770

Custom units definitely not allowed in GW tournaments, I've heard they've eased rules on 3rd party bits as long as they painted/not whole units.

Anyone following Templin Institute and their quest for Female Space Marines? I've personally been banned from their Discord and FB for griefing them so badly about this shit.
I don’t know much about Sisters of Silence, but is that not enough?

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
We don't need female space Marines. We already have the Sisters of Battle. They are badass bitches.

• 3Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Not to derail this fine thread into another SJW debate but thesw types didn't care about having a boy scouts and girl scouts. They HAD TO put girls in the boy scouts, or remove the boy part of it to just make it "scouts". There was no compromise and they put everything behind it they could muster. It's going to be the same thing here, esp when Henry Cavill's show takes off and draws more of the public eye to the game. Sisters of Battle isn't enough, you must also have female space Marines in their eyes. Hopefully it goes the way this whole Hogwarts Legacy thing has so far.

The fact they have an "institute" going after it is basically setting the stage.

• 2Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Obviously Ahriman will figure out how to reverse the Rubric, but because Tzeentch is an arse, it will result in Thousand Daughters

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 5 users

Brad2770

Obviously Ahriman will figure out how to reverse the Rubric, but because Tzeentch is an arse, it will result in Thousand Daughters
I wish I could get this reference without looking it up. It appears to be worf worthy.

iamacynic37

<Banned>
Brad - Thousand Sons - Thousand sisters would be if TZ got to FSMs
saw this and thought you'd like it:
Sisters of Silence are BETTER of a force IMO than FSM - Adepta Sororitas is a totally FINE existing force. FSM was never, ever part of the "plan"
SAD to watch an OK youtube channel come out and demand something like FSM "cuz when we did a guard video people got all mad the voice actor said guardswomen so we made a FSM video to rustle Jimmies"

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
The ATVs with meltas are interesting but idk if he wants an apothecary over a tech priest for the pts

He's pretty "dread set" on that part of his army I'd wager

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I think I've only been collecting maybe 4-5 months and I already have a pile of stuff to assemble and paint. How long it's going to take is starting to sink in. I'm looking forward to it, but I do need to stop picking things up until I get some models done. And find the time to play.

• 2Like

iamacynic37

<Banned>
Why do you need to stop picking things up? I have at least 5 different baskets in different online stores I'm watching. This never ends, there is only War.
Remember the 45th and 95th Rules of Acquisition: "Expand or die" - those ppl knew what was up

ATV/Bikes are really having a moment - white scars need a HQ on a bike lol

• 1Like

Brad2770

I think I've only been collecting maybe 4-5 months and I already have a pile of stuff to assemble and paint. How long it's going to take is starting to sink in. I'm looking forward to it, but I do need to stop picking things up until I get some models done. And find the time to play.
I just bought an Ironclad Dreadnought too. The sickness is real. I need an intervention.

I want to paint these though. I don’t care if it takes a year, art is in my blood. I don’t have any of my paintings on my phone, but I’m very good at art, so using my natural talent again (that I haven’t used in years) will be nice. I love charcoal and acrylic paints. Examples of past work-

ACA5FC56-258C-4A8D-86CD-E3A261F81086.jpeg
82B72300-04AA-4DE7-8D3E-87287A04D443.jpeg
4ED36F5D-52D6-40D6-ABD3-0257E1C1B83C.jpeg
8D7EF616-69E9-4EE1-8307-3892D8DCF892.jpeg
D8BAFD19-D204-4BE6-963C-4232EDB43113.jpeg
0F0756D5-CC94-41D4-A14B-662BD7E73FB6.jpeg

This last one was my first charcoal I ever did. Never been taught. Just kind of know how to do it. I was 15 or 16.

iamacynic37 iamacynic37 Ill read that when I get back to the hotel.

Last edited:
  • 3Like

iamacynic37

<Banned>
This is my pile of Shame - gonna paint terrain, predator but looking at commission paint for the 2000pts.
Magnetizing this crap was dummy hard

Attachments

• 20230214_203855.jpg
    20230214_203855.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 13
  • 20230214_204409.jpg
    20230214_204409.jpg
    958.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 20230214_205219.jpg
    20230214_205219.jpg
    969.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 20230214_205204.jpg
    20230214_205204.jpg
    847.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 20230214_203749.jpg
    20230214_203749.jpg
    957.7 KB · Views: 13
  • 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Start slow, prime them and don't spray too close or too much on things that can fill in with paint like faces.

That should give you some motivation once you see them all black or whatever ur priming with (I did something!)

Then? Do a belt pouch, slow.

Then a leg. Slow.

Takes as long as it needs to, enjoy the process.

Absolutely don't get mad if the final finished leg looks bad, just drop it in the purple stuff and go thicker or lighter depending on the paint next time. If you don't work yourself up about the learning process, everyone gets there eventually.

Like, literally aim to do just an arm or a leg tonight and see what it looks like after it dries. Almost guarantee you're gonna reset it the first few times but you'll start getting it after a few. You're not different than anyone else if this is the process.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I've bee
I just bought an Ironclad Dreadnought too. The sickness is real. I need an intervention.

I want to paint these though. I don’t care if it takes a year, art is in my blood. I don’t have any of my paintings on my phone, but I’m very good at art, so using my natural talent again (that I haven’t used in years) will be nice. I love charcoal and acrylic paints. Examples of past work-

View attachment 458909View attachment 458910View attachment 458911View attachment 458912View attachment 458913View attachment 458914
This last one was my first charcoal I ever did. Never been taught. Just kind of know how to do it. I was 15 or 16.

iamacynic37 iamacynic37 Ill read that when I get back to the hotel.
I just picked up two of the imperial knight Christmas boxes from Regime Regime . I have to be done buying models for a while.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

iamacynic37

<Banned>
TWO IKs? Damn dude! I like Kromlech "Thick" Glue for larger bits.

• 1Like

Brad2770

Start slow, prime them and don't spray too close or too much on things that can fill in with paint like faces.

That should give you some motivation once you see them all black or whatever ur priming with (I did something!)

Then? Do a belt pouch, slow.

Then a leg. Slow.

Takes as long as it needs to, enjoy the process.

Absolutely don't get mad if the final finished leg looks bad, just drop it in the purple stuff and go thicker or lighter depending on the paint next time. If you don't work yourself up about the learning process, everyone gets there eventually.

Like, literally aim to do just an arm or a leg tonight and see what it looks like after it dries. Almost guarantee you're gonna reset it the first few times but you'll start getting it after a few. You're not different than anyone else if this is the process.
I plan on painting them in pieces. I haven’t built it yet, but I’m going to assemble a stand that will have all pieces “assembled” in place as if it were together, so the shadows are correct. I’ll be placing putty on the joints that will be glued to avoid getting paint there. Once painted with a base paint, I’ll assemble, then apply a wash and then do highlights. I’ll be starting with my tactical units first. That way I get 50 practice attempts before moving on to the heavy hitters.

sukik sukik I was going to get some knights, but I think at this point I just want a massive Salamander army. I don’t think I’ll ever feel like I’m done and if I start putting together a Mars army, I’ll eventually have to buy a Titan (I do want one), but that’s just insane. I think.

Last edited:
  • 2Like