Warhammer 40k

Brad2770

Short of running Forge World models, was it even that viable before?

I love me some non-Ork Dread Mobs, and I've done that with Chaos in the past, but with all of the powerful anti-tank weapon spam I'd be really hesitant to take a bunch of dreads. Even with Armor of Contempt. And with that gone now...?
I do not care if I lose. I just want to run what sounds fun. 8 dreads, two tech marines and a librarian would be fun to table. And I bought enough to create a lot of different teams. The variety of teams and showing off (hopefully) how well I painted is more exciting than winning.

• 1Weird Boner
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
I do not care if I lose. I just want to run what sounds fun. 8 dreads, two tech marines and a librarian would be fun to table. And I bought enough to create a lot of different teams. The variety of teams and showing off (hopefully) how well I painted is more exciting than winning.
This is how I am too.

Low model count infantry mainly but I can abide with dreads, Venerable Contemptor, Galatus, Telemon, or Achillus, since they are they are marching in with the infantry. I love.

I can also abide bikes as they are calvary....

I do have a Grav Tank...... but I really don't want to use it unless if someone is gonna be that asshole and bring a mass amount of tanks against me.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Finished blade guards and terms with RG emblems

IMG_20230327_182035765~2.jpg

and big Marbus

IMG_20230327_172720377~2.jpg

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I’ve been pretty busy and haven’t had much time to
Look at this thread. The models are looking great.

I meant to ask what drew you to the Raven Guard? Corax and the betrayal on Isetvan 3? The way they fight?

I was going to play Drukhari but after reading the SM codex couldn't say no and went with the deep striking team. Rivalry with Tau stuff was good in the RG codex, had a pal who was originally gonna do Tau who ended up copying my idea and going SM also lol. Go figure. Rest of ppl I know are doing Tyranid, CSM, chaos knights so figure I'd stick with SM.

• 2Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Hellblasters done on RG emblems. Gotta rework a shoulder rim or two I musta done backwards when I was tired lol, and a few I missed. They take a few mins tops.

Feels real good to be heading for the home stretch

IMG_20230328_122706387~2.jpg

• 5Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Brad2770

Do you guys think the new Terminator models are a sign that they are going to softly phase out the first born?

I have my concerns considering how much unpainted first born I have.

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
Although I may be excessively naive, I believe that it is a positive indication that firstborn will get updated versions, and not be completely pushed out.
why do only primaris when you can do primaris and firstborn++.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brad2770

I really wish they had made the new terminators Primaris. I have 15 “first born” terminators.

it’s going to fuck with my OCD having the same stats on obviously smaller models.

• 1Solidarity

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, I have an all terminator death wing army, the new boys will probably stand out. Not sure what I am going to do with the new look - maybe paint them with a bit more metallic or different pauldron colors.

• 1Like

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Maybe the legs aren't quite as skinny as the older models? I dunno. They don't look that different.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
No.

To me it reads that they are limiting spam of units and named hq units.

I could be mistaken.

--

I have a rematch against the same World Eaters player in boarding actions on Sunday.

I am taking a more shooty (sub'ing out 3 snb Guardians for 3 Saggitarum) Custodes force this time, but my Shield Host choice fucks with melee heavy factions.

He has changed his line up as well with taking out Karn and bringing a generic lord so he can benefit from BA Relics, and subbed out 8bound for exalted 8bound and chaos spawns to fill in his points. Reading up on those exalted 8bound..... h o l y shit I need to shoot those fuckers off of the board as soon as they deep strike.

I will probably lose this one but we will see.

Last edited: