Warhammer 40k

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
You can take 3 of any normal unit, which is what you could take before. You can now take six of any battleline, which is likely whatever was Troops before, and six of any dedicated transport. This is a reduction from the previously unlimited number.

The main difference is that if your faction's rules random have all your, say, "fast attack" style models be your best, you are no longer capped on them and forced to pick. You can also play more Characters since there's no slot cap, although they've already said non-unique character buffs are being designed to not stack in multiples (so you can probably only rez with one Apothecary a turn or whatever)

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
No.

To me it reads that they are limiting spam of units and named hq units.

I could be mistaken.

--

I have a rematch against the same World Eaters player in boarding actions on Sunday.

I am taking a more shooty (sub'ing out 3 snb Guardians for 3 Saggitarum) Custodes force this time, but my Shield Host choice fucks with melee heavy factions.

He has changed his line up as well with taking out Karn and bringing a generic lord so he can benefit from BA Relics, and subbed out 8bound for exalted 8bound and chaos spawns to fill in his points. Reading up on those exalted 8bound..... h o l y shit I need to shoot those fuckers off of the board as soon as they deep strike.

I will probably lose this one but we will see.
Few things are more scary than when World Eaters or Genestealers finally catch up to you in close combat.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Few things are more scary than when World Eaters or Genestealers finally catch up to you in close combat.
My board time is limited. These Exalted 8bound are by far the most intense squad I have read the unit card on.

Haven't done any homework on genestealers. If I had to guess they get a massive amount of attacks which is so dangerous. That what gives me the heebeejeebees against WE.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My board time is limited. These Exalted 8bound are by far the most intense squad I have read the unit card on.

Haven't done any homework on genestealers. If I had to guess they get a massive amount of attacks which is so dangerous. That what gives me the heebeejeebees against WE.

And Genestealers had (when I played Nids) power weapon attacks with their 4/5 attacks each.

• 1Like

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
And Genestealers had (when I played Nids) power weapon attacks with their 4/5 attacks each.
How many attacks?

Biggest threat to Custodes is how many attacks are out there.

Yes we get 4+ invulnerable but if I have to roll a shit ton of dice for invulnerable saves on 5 units that have 3 wounds each is a no go... my dumbass mind knows the probability to save is about equal to me slay a Kardashian.

Last edited:

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Lol oh they are going to be nasty in 10th. I’m going to rebuild my nid army so sukik sukik can play my IG and feel that Starship Trooper.

My buddy Vonpol Vonpol that passed away still beat my nids with his IG but he was paralyzed with fear the whole time. “Wait Genestealers can go underground now?!?!??” Lol

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How many attacks?

Biggest threat to Custodes is how many attacks are out there.

Yes we get 4+ invulnerable but if I have to roll a shit ton of dice for invulnerable saves on 5 units that have 3 wounds each is a no go... my dumbass mind knows the probability to save is about equal to me slay a Kardashian.

I'll find the 7th or 8th edition codex I have for them this weekend. But, I think it was 4 or 5 attacks on the charge with high WS and high initiative (maybe initiative was only important in secondary rounds?). So, in a squad of 15 to 20 Stealers, that's a crap-ton of power weapon attacks hitting on 3+

The downside was they were vulnerable to bolter and flamer attacks with toughness 4 and maybe a 5+ save. But, I always screened them with Gaunts or maybe a Carnifex.

Brad2770

Now that more info on 10th is coming out, I think I might hold off on painting until it fully releases. There may be things I part out or sell off due to rule changes. As of right now, my mound of plastic and resin consists of-

FIRSTBORN-
3x 1988 Pewter Space Marines
10x Scouts with Sniper Rifles
10x Tactical Squad
5x Assault Squad
20x Mark III Tactical Squad
20x Mark IV Tactical Squad
40x Mark VI Tactical Squad
5x Terminator Assault
10x Cataphractii Terminator Squad
X3 Centurion Squad
20x Jump Pack
Lots of Firstborn bits and weapons to dress up the troops.
(My goal with these guys were to use the fancier looking tactical squad and assault squad models to be the sergeant models to the teams, so they stood out more to the 30k models)

1x Attack Bike
3x Bike Squad
1x Drop Pod
1x Razorback
1x Spartan Assault Tank
1x Kratos Heavy Assault Tank

PRIMARIS-
10x Assault Intercessors
20x Intercessors
10x Heavy Intercessors
10x Desolation
3x Eradicators
6x Aggressors
3x Eliminators

1x Primaris Chaplain
1x Primaris Librarian
2x Primaris Techmarine
1x Primaris Apothecary
1x Primaris Ancient
1x Primaris Lieutenant
2x Primaris Captain
1x Primaris Captain with Master-crafted Heavy Bolt Rifle
1x Captain in Gravis Armor
1x Vulkan He’stan
1x Adrax Agatone

1x Storm Speeder
1x Impulsor
1x Repulsor
1x Repulsor Executioner

DREADNOUGHTS-
1x Dreadnought (plastic kit from 2001)
1x Dreadnought
2x Venerable Dreadnought
1x Ironclad
1x Contemptor
1x Relic Contemptor
1x Leviathan
1x Deredeo
1x Redemptor
1x Brutalis
1x Bray’Arth
1x Dreadnought Drop Pod

KNIGHTS-
4x Armiger
2x Questoris
1x Dominus
1x Cerastus
1x Acastus

Last edited:
  • 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
You might consider just practicing on a bare bone set of tactical marines.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Almost done all the transfers

IMG_20230403_214204941_HDR~2.jpg

Crazy seeing them go from grey to this

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Brad2770

5A1FD615-0EEE-4B43-B3D2-89F06348D3E0.png

Got this for $66. Was told it was from 2001. Plastic kit still new in box. Probably exactly like the normal dread I bought a few weeks back. I hope there are some differences.

• 1Like