Warhammer 40k

Brikker

Trump's Staff
That's a Baneblade from the cover. You can find them cheaper at other web stores but this is the kit below. It's not a space marine tank but imperial guard. Maybe there's other tanks in the book?

Actually if you want to troll your husband this is from the 10mm game out of print (about 1 inch long)

$170 for a few bits of plastic, what the fuck?

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Played a Kill Team Tournament at my LGS. Tossed a krak grenade at a Marine and landed this roll.

20231014_141203.jpg

Fucking outstanding.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Played a Kill Team Tournament at my LGS. Tossed a krak grenade at a Marine and landed this roll.

View attachment 495488

Fucking outstanding.

Reminds me of a game I played in 1998 with Vonpol Vonpol . His wolf lord rolled all 1’s on his invulnerable 2+ save.

ol Scholtz was elevated to Orc Warlord and placed on our apartment mantle.
1697550569254.png

Last edited:
  • 4Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Maybe someone here might know. When the Tyranids are done with a world, and there is nothing biological left on the planet - do they just leave it entirely? or keep a scout there as surveillance?

Goonsquad Officer
They suck it bare and leave like locusts. They aRe called tyranids because the first world they ate when they drifted into the galactic plane was called tyr or something like that.

Some inquisitor showed up at a previously lush world. Got out his microscope and marveled at its sterility. Eventually the nids hit a developed imperial world and they sorted out what happened. (The story was either in epic. Or the origional nid codex)

The epic tyranid source books detail how they do it. The nids kill everything then the bioships enter geostationary orbit. An umbilical is lowered and ripper swarms eat everything on the planet. Spitting it all into the biomatter pits, and the ships suck it all up to make more nids. I think they even destroy most of the tyranid soldiers rather than re using them.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Maybe someone here might know. When the Tyranids are done with a world, and there is nothing biological left on the planet - do they just leave it entirely? or keep a scout there as surveillance?
I don't recall ever seeing this explicitly addressed, however, it is well established that they 'pack up' all the biomass left over after scouring it including all of their own creatures that can't be moved. They don't really have a reason to leave a scout behind, they don't really 'care' about strategy in the same terms as other races.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The surviving nids from the invasion suicide into the biomass pools to get sucked up with everything else. Reduce, Reuse, Recycle!

Palum

what Suineg set it to
A carbon neutral race
Definitely not, they are rolling blue coal. If one cow makes enough methane to sink an iceberg, they are pooping a shitload. No one ever talks about the mountains of shit during the battles, because they eat it after.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I was thinking there might be a cuck type of strategy in the lore. As I'm under the assumption that terraforming planets is old news in the 40k universe. So basically abandon the planet, circle back around after theyve left and completely avoid the conflict. Since tyranids arent exactly checking back on desecrated worlds - seems as though if would be safe.

Everything Ive read so far just makes it sound like theyre the end all, be all, to the universe. Them and chaos, anyways.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I was thinking there might be a cuck type of strategy in the lore. As I'm under the assumption that terraforming planets is old news in the 40k universe. So basically abandon the planet, circle back around after theyve left and completely avoid the conflict. Since tyranids arent exactly checking back on desecrated worlds - seems as though if would be safe.

Everything Ive read so far just makes it sound like theyre the end all, be all, to the universe. Them and chaos, anyways.
Well they are made out to be THE existential threat. Chaos doesn't like them at all because they all cease to exist if life in the material universe goes away due to the psychic bonds between real space and the immaterium.

I'm not sure how many lore cases there are of terraforming completely dead planets like that. The setting generally tends to imply planets are so plentiful they are used when found. Though it's clear there was a lot more of that sort of crazy stuff going on during the Golden age expansion.

Besides, it's not like the Tyranids wouldn't necessarily check systems they'd been to before, or that there aren't always more Tyranids wandering by. The impression you get from them lore is it's a sea of Tyranids ships streaming in constantly, not just like a group that drives through together.

• 1Like

Goonsquad Officer
Genestealers basically are beacons for tyranids. Once a genestealwr cult reaches critical mass, the fleet can see them, and their delicious biomass.

I'd wager they don't know how to terraform anymore

• 1Like

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Tyrran was mentioned in the old second edition books. Space Hulk introduced Gene Stealers to the game universe first and they are a vanguard organism meant to infiltrate and sample a developed world and signal the local hive fleets for when its time to come in. They are basically an extra galactic locust swarm with no need or intent to settle on worlds, having turned into hive mind space faring beings at this point. Their telepathic hive mind does not actually control everything all the time, so some sub species have limited autonomy (Genestealers being the most known example) and all of them have instinctual behavior that they fall back on when out of contact with the hive mind.

Really what they are are hive minds in big bio ships and the individual creatures themselves are really just biological machines they use to harvest biomass. Some of their older codexes speculated on them being a doomsday weapon of some sort. But I think the simplest explanation is likely they are some sort of apex predator from outside the galaxy that wandered in.