Warhammer 40k

Chris

Potato del Grande
Been here before but going down more 40k rabbit holes than ever before on YouTube.

https://youtube.com/@IsyanderandKoda?si=YUoNBcgj25GTcmyg is the best lore channel. Isyander takes 40k totally seriously while being incredulous about how insane everything is.

One thing that stuck out (since I'm picking colours for my Space Marines) is Ork colour theory (eg Red is fast, Blue is lucky) and how Space Marines also seem to be following it. Like I'm wondering if I really need my Librarian to be blue and... yeah I do.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Oh I meant relics like the things given to characters
As far as I know relics from detattachments are gone, its all enhancements now.

1000006134.jpg

1000006135.jpg
1000006136.jpg

Granted, Custodes are still an Index faction until the Spring. I don't know anything about marines, necrons, nids, and ad mech codexes since they are the only ones out with them atm.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Bummer on that stuff but hopefully helps them rebalance the game

I miss null zone so much

Chris

Potato del Grande
Test model. Isn't going to see play so not fixed all the mistakes and I think I need to greatly improve my skills. Photo is awful I know.

20231216_192927.jpg

Went with Ivory & Gold colour scheme with the "chapter" being the Invictarius Guard, Gulliman's personal bodyguards.

It's like Deathwatch where marines are taken from other chapters and display those colours as a splash colour. I've posted about this before but this is the version I went with.

Needs a gold raptors icon on other shoulderpad and legion number on knee pad, so got some transfers to find.

Starting with some Salamanders Infernus Marines and Imperial Fists Terminators from the Combat Patrol, aiming to have a squad from each first founding chapter eventually. Got the Spearhead Force which will be Raven Guard Jump Pack Intercessors and White Scars Bikes, all with forgeworld beakies for aerodynamics. Then will get some Company Heroes/Heavy Intercessors for Ultramarines and Techmarine/Deadnaughts for Iron Hands.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
This is awful. Amazon will dumb down 40k and make it safe for 'audiences of all genders and ages'. Nothing interesting survives becoming common.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This is awful. Amazon will dumb down 40k and make it safe for 'audiences of all genders and ages'. Nothing interesting survives becoming common.
Even if it wasnt Amazon making this, we all know that it would have to be extremely toned down for the mass audience anyways. I would watch the shit out of a series that was done as well as Astartes, but thats just asking for too much. People are also placing wayyyyy to much faith on Henry Cavill to actually keep the core gruesome hard core vibe of WH40k alive.

• 1Moron
Reactions: 1 user

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Is there any faction that was mostly 8th edition plastic? Those re-released Tomb King models looking rough

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Is there any faction that was mostly 8th edition plastic? Those re-released Tomb King models looking rough
No. That's the shitty part.

Honestly, I don't know what they plan to do because I'm 0% interested in buying old plastic at new prices. Now you want to sell me old stock for 1990s prices, let me know. Also, it's really unclear how they're going to detangle the messes that some of the AoS revamps of core WHFB races have made. Stuff like Lizardmen technically look and are very similar in models. However, they're also packaged with the wrong bases and I think the general 'flavor' of AoS is different. Then there's other stuff that's "kind of proxy" like some of the vampire counts models. Those new skeletons from the box game I can't think the name of right this second are amazing, but are not thematically tomb kings.

Then there's lol new Bretonnians next to old KOTR and grail knights which... are going to look super bad. I mean they're literally issuing grail knights in pewter, not even finecast...

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The more "dynamic" AOS poses also probably don't translate well to tightly packed square bases on a movement tray. Buncha dudes elbowing each other in the face or kicking their neighbor in the shins.