Warhammer 40k

Ome

Molten Core Raider
After this comes the final 2 missing Primarchs. One will be gay/trans, and the other will be the daughter of the Imperium introducing the space marine Daughters of Estrogen.

• 2Like
  • 1Pathetic
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
After this comes the final 2 missing Primarchs. One will be gay/trans, and the other will be the daughter of the Imperium introducing the space marine Daughters of Estrogen.
I dont doubt this for one second.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Can probably find some great deals on eBay this week.
100%

I am not gonna trash or burn my custodes, but I am certainly not gonna go out of my way in buying any new models, codex, or anything related.

Hot Fuzz Shame GIF

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The gaslighting by GW official Twitter and the victory laps by the wokeosphere, who will probably never by GW products, are hilarious.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Going broke usually follows going woke. It's a pretty expensive mostly male dominated hobby. Let's see how this plays out.

Bold Strategy Cotton GIF by MOODMAN

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Sterling

El Presidente
You guys don't know what you're talking about. Gaining like 5 female customers is totally worth alienating most of your 98 percent male audience.

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I think I'm going to sell all my shit. I have an entire closet full of stuff, maybe $20k or so worth of stuff collected since Rogue Trader.

They already started this with the female Bretonnian knight lore, which 100% they will specifically release a new KOTR box to have female knights just for woke points once they sell through stock.

• 2Like
  • 1Pathetic

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Send my a Valkyrie, one of the few things on my list to finish a small display shelf in my gun room.

• 1Like

Bodhy

Karen
<Banned>
We can rest assured that to make 40k woke it would require huge amounts of mental gymnastics and retconning.

Space Marines, like, the canon demands that they have to be male because only the best of the best can make the cut. And the racial groups and factions....you've got planets marooned for tens of thousands of years, it kind of changes the meanings of 'groups' etc.

You're not gonna change that without seriously rewriting the lore and who is going to do that?

Ome

Molten Core Raider
Umm did you not read how they just added Female Custodes. Their retcon was simply saying they always existed. The lazy way is if they come out and say the same thing for female space marines. Another way is making one the unknown mystery primarchs a female and having her return with a legion of female space marines.

• 2Like

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
I mean, they do major re-writes all the time. Hell, current Custodes are just a giant (no pun intended) retcon since the miniature range was released.

Original fluff, they were just regular guardsmen with funny hats stationed in the palace on terra. Ordinary humans. The end.

Custodes 2.PNG

• 2Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I mean, they do major re-writes all the time. Hell, current Custodes are just a giant (no pun intended) retcon since the miniature range was released.

Original fluff, they were just regular guardsmen with funny hats stationed in the palace on terra. Ordinary humans. The end.

View attachment 524923
Oh yeah good point there's absolutely no difference between RT and now in canon and this is definitely not at all related to politics.

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
Oh yeah good point there's absolutely no difference between RT and now in canon and this is definitely not at all related to politics.

Correct. They change shit ever 10 or 20 years. 2010-15-ish or whenever they turned Custodes from heroic humans into weird, giant gold-gay beefcakes to farm the homo-erotic wave of 300 and such. Now they made another change to boost some sales.

It's just money.

Only difference is the scope of the stupidity and change was much larger 15 years ago. It's only a 2-page story now, vs previously a fully fledged launch of basically a faction that absolutely has no fit in 40K from a lore/theme/background-perspective whatsoever after deleting the old Guard-palace-regiment in its original form from the canon.

• 1Like

Sanadebe

Trakanon Raider
Its not just that.

If they are going to retcon it, at least write some god damn lore to at least pretend its not just shoehorned in because of modern politics.

Primaris marines are a classic example. They want to sell more marines, so they at least write an entire backstory as to why. They don't try and pretend that LOL PRIMARIS MARINES HAVE ALWAYS EXISTED.

By just being lazy and saying "Lol bigot, there have always been female custodes" it doesn't feel like the progression of lore. It feels like its identity politics. If they do it right, no-one serious would care. Eldar, SoB, Dark Eldar, all model factions with females. No-one cares, because they don't feel like they are female for shoe horned reasons. Women in the reserve units of the IG in the novels make sense, because the reserve units are basically just calling up every man, woman and child that can hold a lasrifle.

Whats next? Tyranid Carnifex with tits? Because the hive mind was secretly female all along?

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Correct. They change shit ever 10 or 20 years. 2010-15-ish or whenever they turned Custodes from heroic humans into weird, giant gold-gay beefcakes to farm the homo-erotic wave of 300 and such. Now they made another change to boost some sales.

It's just money.

Only difference is the scope of the stupidity and change was much larger 15 years ago. It's only a 2-page story now, vs previously a fully fledged launch of basically a faction that absolutely has no fit in 40K from a lore/theme/background-perspective whatsoever after deleting the old Guard-palace-regiment in its original form from the canon.

So you think they did this because they believe they are going to sell more miniatures by adding in a female Custodes? Do you think this, overall, going to help or hurt their bottom line and why?

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The female custodes is all ideology driven. No surprise since they're a bunch of woke brits backed by some ESG/DEI pushing megacorps.

Games workshop as a business isn't very interested attracting new players in the way they conduct themselves. They want to keep milking the same group of already loyal fans. And the way they are going about this will likely cost them more fans than it gains them. The NPCs on Twitter that incessantly bloviate about weird progressive identity politcs arent going start buying GWs overpriced models.

The sad thing is that WH40k already has a pretty diverse cast of factions and characters, but not in the way the DEI crowd can recognize it. They need everything to be stupidly simple. Every faction must have one of each. Every faction must embrace the rainbow.

They'll take an interesting grimdark universe and water it down, so that even the dumbest progressive can see that it checks all the right boxes.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Goonsquad Officer
well the dei goal is to ruin your shit. no joke, the marxists say they want no space where politicks isn't a theme. zero. you get no escape ism. they want to smear shit in your face. they want your space marine to be ruined. they want girl-ork or whatever.

space marines are gene modded monsters. they are ultra muscled, huge, built out and brutal. they replace body parts with weapons and ultimately go in coffins on a bigger robot. none of that is conducive to models that will be popular if female.

a pretty female with the same stats/rules, would just be the queen of t he mary sues.

if you subjected a female to the geneseed it would take over her b iology and make her into basically a man. no tits. square overmuscled face. just a short hateful marine that looks like a short marine. nobody wants that. the theme of scpae marines is that they are monastic: all male. they should really be capitalizing on their sisters, dark eeldar/eldar, guardsmen. make more sexy sister special characters and sell those.

but again, that's not what DEI wants. they want to feed you a turd sandwich so you think that's normal. that's the entire goal.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
Lol. They are literally making Custodes less gay.

Women Custodes = Heterosexual custodes.

what ya all think is gonna happen when the barrack up 10.000 oiled up muscle dudes for 10.000 years in a golden palace.

They're trying to turn Custodes from a niche-army for faggots playing Warhammer into something the other 99.999% of the fan base / customers can enjoy, lol.

• 1GreNeg
  • 1Dislike