Warhammer 40k

Goonsquad Officer
Thinking on it a bit further, some space marine chapters are x-treme level isolated monastic monks, like flesh tearers, (i think) doom eagles and maybe dark angles?

But others like ultra marines have literal armies and fleets of imperial guard grade soldiers, and space wolves have thralls (slaves) that handle their little man activities like making them beer and feeding the wolves. Lots of space for wahmen that have ultramarine colors on, or space wolf brand shackles.

I wonder why they never emphesized the support aspect of it. i guess in the tabletop the marines are meant to be doing the real fighting. not stacking shells and pulling around guns on star ships in press gangs.

Goonsquad Officer
Lol. They are literally making Custodes less gay.

Women Custodes = Heterosexual custodes.

what ya all think is gonna happen when the barrack up 10.000 oiled up muscle dudes for 10.000 years in a golden palace.

They're trying to turn Custodes from a niche-army for faggots playing Warhammer into something the other 99.999% of the fan base / customers can enjoy, lol.
tho some of the authors kind of leaned heavy into some brosexual themes, i was always under the impression that spess marines were basically nonsexual. it's not clear their junk works except for comedic purposes (like orcs).

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Diversity is double speak, they want everything to be the same. The setting is more interesting with single sex and mixed sex organisations.

The true fall is if they do this to Space Marines and Sisters of Battle, as they are directly inspired by real life single sex holy orders.

Custodes come off more as Swiss Guard, which while all male because soldiers all male, isn't as bad if soldiers in the guard can be female. It's still bad though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Gay? Straight? What does either have to do with warhammer 40k? Outside of maybe hints related to Slanesh, I can't think of any sex in the lore or the 70 odd novels that I've read. And none certainly none in the Custodes stories. If someone wants to fantasize about their golden boys banging each other, more power to you, but it's not in the lore I read. Not everything in fiction needs to be sexualized ya degenerates.

• 1Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Lol. They are literally making Custodes less gay.

Women Custodes = Heterosexual custodes.

what ya all think is gonna happen when the barrack up 10.000 oiled up muscle dudes for 10.000 years in a golden palace.

They're trying to turn Custodes from a niche-army for faggots playing Warhammer into something the other 99.999% of the fan base / customers can enjoy, lol.

Which army do you play? Me guess is not a single one.

• 1Like

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
Plenty of sex in old 40K.

Though admittedly, much of it was removed in the massive retcons of the past 10-15 years.
Screenshot 2024-04-16 at 19.59.35.png

• 1Dislike
  • 1GreNeg
  • 1NPC
Reactions: 2 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I cannot believe you all fall for his shit every time. He is a troll, and not a very good one. He does not play WH40k, doesn't know who the actual community consists of, and truly does not care whether GW as a company fails or succeeds. He is part of the same group of people that sukik sukik described that just wants you to not have anything of your own. He is the typical person who doesn't understand or care about a certain hobby being for anyone but not everyone.

• 3Like

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
I have plenty of 40K armies, and yes. 40K is not for everyone. It's a satire ridiculing original british right-wing government, xenophobia and nationalism and the idiots that supported this nonesense in the 80s against their own interests, and it still applies just as poignantly to conservative morons in the US and the world over, lol.

• 2Like
  • 1Barf
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 5 users

Goonsquad Officer
The ancient ass draco trilogy actually has tons of what must be the authors weird sexual and psychological hangups... but it's not in most lore

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Weekend plans just changed. Driving to FLGS’s to call all the 40K players queers. Finally, revenge for us 90s MTG players.

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Weekend plans just changed. Driving to FLGS’s to call all the 40K players queers. Finally, revenge for us 90s MTG players.
Bearscape-Pride-SLD-672.jpg

Someone needs to do a Primarch conversion of this. Something like...

Corax & Lorgar
Dorn & Perterabo
Fulgrim

• 1Barf
  • 1Worf

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
well the dei goal is to ruin your shit.

I've worn my masks and listened to many conversations in my time on the internets. Nothing is more true than this.

They're angry people who hate themselves and their tantrums are about ruining your lives. If they can't be happy, then you can't either. Welcome to the crab pot and fight back.

Id suggest they get the Creative Assembly treatment as a (another?) warning shot

• 3Like

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
"Evil cannot create anything new, they can only corrupt and ruin good forces have invented or made"

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Goonsquad Officer
its not mysterious, arcane, 'conspiracy' or paranoia. they write papers on this shit. there's whole philosophical schools of thought with colleges erecting statues for these jackasses who basically say "fuck with everyone. then seize power when you create anarchy" they do it every time. the literal goal is to make everyone so miserable you can provide the solution (your taking of power).

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I have plenty of 40K armies, and yes. 40K is not for everyone. It's a satire ridiculing original british right-wing government, xenophobia and nationalism and the idiots that supported this nonesense in the 80s against their own interests, and it still applies just as poignantly to conservative morons in the US and the world over, lol.
Just like all the other progressive retards, your faggot kind doesn't have any idea how satire actually works and so instead of lampooning anything they actually just made a super-based world that can be appreciated by anyone who cares about time-honored things like heroism, loyalty, and betrayal over simple sexual degeneracy and equity concerns.

Changing the sex makeup of the custodes with a few leaked sentences and then confirming the retcon on Twitter was a strikingly hilarious admission of defeat. They couldn't even come up with a DEI approved statement to attempt to explain it away so they just went full Simple Jack retard mode. Not only is there no real money in this move, but it assures the collapse of the company. Just like Magic is slowly circling the drain while Hasbro desperately ramps up set productions to milk it of its last ounce of value, so to will GW increase the pace of "exclusive" releases to suck as much marrow out of the bones of a once niche, but thriving, product before the fans that provided the necessary support dry up completely.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Lmao the latest issue of white dwarf has a whole page dedicated to some dudes LGBT space marine army

• 2Worf

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well, I guess I’m done with GW now. Not going to kneel to their woke bullshit and pandering. Some retcons make sense. This one doesn’t, other than idiots, political pressure, and a pretty egregious money grab. Funny thing is, this will lose them money.

• 2Like
  • 1Pathetic