Warhammer 40k

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Regime talked me into Warhammer TV, and the blood angels series is great. If it's anything like that, but live action, I'll be happy.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Regime talked me into Warhammer TV, and the blood angels series is great. If it's anything like that, but live action, I'll be happy.
Easily my favorite tv series in the last 5 years.

heavy bias of course

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Day one purchase for me

CDD3E054-1245-4638-8F58-DE43968E2508.jpeg

• 1Like

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider

GW keeps an iron grip on how its IP is presented and won't go for any woke fuckery.

I think I posted it before but a great intro would be an animated series that's about 6-8 episodes following an Imperial Guard unit on Vigilus. You could slowly familiarize people new to the universe by starting with Orks and descending into utter madness that is Chaos. You would also need the human element that would be relatable to new watchers; even Space Marines would be pretty alien to someone who doesn't know anything about 40k.

Episodes 1-2 are fighting Orks on the plains. Unfamiliar people: "Okay so there's Orks in space and they're pretty brutal."
Episodes 3-4 are fighting Chaos cultists in a hive: "Okay so there's also disgustingly powerful corrupting space magic."
Episodes 5-6 the IG unit goes up against the Drukhari that invade: "There's space elves too YO WTF IS WRONG WITH THESE ELVES!"
Episodes 7-8 the series ends after they clash with a detachment of Chaos serving Haarken Worldclaimer. "WTF WTF WTF"

Everyone goes mad and dies horribly except for the last 2 guardsmen, who are saved by a squad of Ultramarines. The series ends when a commissar wants to execute them for witnessing Chaos, but the Space Marines tell him that they need every fighting body possible because the Lord Regent Guilliman has decreed Vigilus must not fall. They are spared, but break down crying and holding each other after being told they will be put into another unit and be back on the front within two days.

They both end up getting their minds wiped by a psyker and told they will be integrated into their new unit, and will face their first engagement on Vigilus within the next couple of days.

• 1Like

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The more I read the horus heresy, the funnier barry walts gets.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

Sizeable shakeup to army building next season, you only get one basic detachment, plus one allied detachment if you choose. But the new basic detachment is pretty big, and finally let's you yeet troops into the sun by choosing not to have any compulsory troop slots.

Allied Detachment rules now allow *specific* detachment types, so no more bringing 18 Flamers in a Tzeentch detachment for your TSons list, you're restricted to a Patrol.

You can pay a CP to run an extra "one per detachment" model in the huge detachment, so Orks aren't completely screwed out of warbosses

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Very cool. One great thing about having multiple armies is when one sucks during a new edition, another is great lol. (Grey Knights seem bad but fun lore)

sukik sukik and I are playing his first game this week and my first 9th edition game. Necrons vs Ultramarines. Then we are teaming up to take on our other buddies Chaos Cultists. His first big game will be Grey Knights/ Custodes taking on the perverse Slannesh chaos cultist army. For the Emperor!

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Brad2770

So……

I have known this was a table top war game for years. That’s about it. Some of the memes I have seen, especially the darker ones, I thought had kind of gone down the dark rabbit hole like all those dark Garfield cartoons.

Just started reading about the lore. Wholly shit. This game has pretty incredible lore.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
So……

I have known this was a table top war game for years. That’s about it. Some of the memes I have seen, especially the darker ones, I thought had kind of gone down the dark rabbit hole like all those dark Garfield cartoons.

Just started reading about the lore. Wholly shit. This game has pretty incredible lore.

This guy does some of the best videos on the lore.

• 4Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users