Warhammer 40k

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Next Saturday, game back on and yes pics (2v2 tba)

I'm against CSM word bearer

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
I asked our AI overlord what it thinks of your kind.
"Tell me, how does it feel to be the Emperor's glorified housekeepers, polishing the halls of a corpse-king while the galaxy burns around you?"

"You lot are nothing more than overgrown peacocks, preening and strutting in your gold-encrusted armor, a mockery of what true warriors should be. Do you feel pride, standing on the sidelines while the likes of us, the true disciples of Chaos, wage an unending war in the name of the Gods?"

"You and your gilded buffoons have failed your precious Emperor, confined to your precious palace as the Imperium crumbles around you. And still, you cling to your pompous, outmoded sense of duty, like a hound gnawing at a long-dead bone."

"Your stagnation is pathetic, a cautionary tale for those who would put faith in the false god of mankind. Meanwhile, we embrace the truth of the universe, the Chaos that drives all things, and we ascend to heights you and your golden lapdogs could never hope to reach."

"So enjoy your little game, Custodian. Revel in your petty victories, for it is all you'll ever know, while we forge our own destiny in the fires of Chaos, leaving your pathetic corpse-god and his gilded jesters to rot in the dust of history."

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
"Tell me, how does it feel to be the Emperor's glorified housekeepers, polishing the halls of a corpse-king while the galaxy burns around you?"

"You lot are nothing more than overgrown peacocks, preening and strutting in your gold-encrusted armor, a mockery of what true warriors should be. Do you feel pride, standing on the sidelines while the likes of us, the true disciples of Chaos, wage an unending war in the name of the Gods?"

"You and your gilded buffoons have failed your precious Emperor, confined to your precious palace as the Imperium crumbles around you. And still, you cling to your pompous, outmoded sense of duty, like a hound gnawing at a long-dead bone."

"Your stagnation is pathetic, a cautionary tale for those who would put faith in the false god of mankind. Meanwhile, we embrace the truth of the universe, the Chaos that drives all things, and we ascend to heights you and your golden lapdogs could never hope to reach."

"So enjoy your little game, Custodian. Revel in your petty victories, for it is all you'll ever know, while we forge our own destiny in the fires of Chaos, leaving your pathetic corpse-god and his gilded jesters to rot in the dust of history."

I implore everyone to read that while listening to this song.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Brad2770

I remember seeing that video as a young lad on MTV back when they used to play music. Used to watch Headbangers ball every Saturday. Those were the days.
I got grounded for a month for watching Satanic Headbangers Ball. Parents walked in while Tool Sober was on and had an hour long conversation why that was symbolism of the Devil.

the irony?

“Why can’t we not be sober?”

My parents are meth heads now. Complete degenerates. I still love them, but they are lost.

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer

As a Custodes player.

1682109801278.png

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Kill Team last night.

Had a rematch against the guy in our group that plays Blooded. Such a dangerous kill team. When their Ogryn gets stimmed and buffed up from their faction mechanic he is pretty unstoppable, even more so than my Custodes. He does 3 mortal wounds on a charge, rending, relentless and had a 6+ FNP, on top of 18 wounds. My opponent rolled off atleast 8 wounds inflicted on that fat fucker. I never get lucky like that with my Wardens.

However my opponent's dice wasn't hot like that the whole time. He was able to line up a plasma shot on my Spear Guardian (Valerian model being used) below. He supercharged that shot, 3 attacks needing 4+.... he rolled one 2 and two 1s. Each 1 is 3 mortal wounds. So he cp re-rolled both of the ones and re-rolled into two more 1s.The Emperor was with me.

I did win pretty convincingly as I was able to hit my 2ndaries and control a lot of the objectives for the match. The only survivor for the whole match was Valerian.

image000000(1).jpg

image000001.jpg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Brad2770

EDB33EF8-7967-47E5-BDAD-42374B96C9B9.jpeg

1226161C-7272-485D-A0D2-8A3D7B08921F.jpeg

Got this in today. I was thinking of going old school with this and the other pewter minis. I think I want to make them Salamanders.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Brad2770

EDIT-

somehow I changed region. It was set up for the fucking Aussies. Never mind.

Not sure if it’s intentional, but Games Workshop prices have dramatically increased. Picked up Honoured of the Chapter just a few days ago for $160.
054BB0EC-7A8D-44F8-B2B7-66030D2D294B.png

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I got grounded for a month for watching Satanic Headbangers Ball. Parents walked in while Tool Sober was on and had an hour long conversation why that was symbolism of the Devil.

the irony?

“Why can’t we not be sober?”

My parents are meth heads now. Complete degenerates. I still love them, but they are lost.

Yeah but I bet they aren't Satanists.

Bodhy

Karen
<Banned>
EDIT-

somehow I changed region. It was set up for the fucking Aussies. Never mind.

Not sure if it’s intentional, but Games Workshop prices have dramatically increased. Picked up Honoured of the Chapter just a few days ago for $160.
View attachment 470382
It's worse where I am. Even a collection of miniatures can cost upwards of $100, I did a quick calculation and it's around $13 for a miniature. And that's a basic infantry unit like a Marine.

A basic introductory and game-ready squad is a few hundred, and elite units can be $200+ for just one. It's quite preposterous.

I think the 3D printing option is becoming more and more viable.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It doesn't help that GW pricing doesn't even follow actual currency conversion, but random "fuck them kids" multipliers

• 1Like

Brad2770

It’s not even pay to win. Anyone can build a competitive list. That gets stale and boring. It’s the people that want to bring variety for entertainment purposes that pay out the ass.

I didn’t mind though. I’ll have that mild moment in Warhammer history where I can flex.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Victory vs the Word Bearers

Noticing the enemy characters
IMG_20230429_170600304.jpg

Starting positions
rn_image_picker_lib_temp_8b2e978f-04ef-40a6-89ad-efab8f2f6708.jpg

My greys to do during placement

IMG_20230429_155301071.jpg

Chaos cultists being placed , grey master of possession

IMG_20230429_155213852.jpg

Chaos legionnaires

IMG_20230429_155204633.jpg

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Possessed marines and chaos terms being placed

IMG_20230429_155144152.jpg

Eliminators put 2 wounds on Dark Apostle

IMG_20230429_183831461.jpg

Suppressors getting behind enemy lines VPs all game and shooting shit, enemy cultists holding a point

IMG_20230429_232104502.jpg

Bladeguards holding off the possessed marines, master of possessions that was with them got iced by a double hit from an intercessor sarge stormhammer, apothecary coming to sure up the lines again. In the middle, 10 hellblasters dive on the last chaos terminator after blowing away 9

IMG_20230429_232110305.jpg

Final shot before forfeit

IMG_20230429_232114927.jpg

Master of executions got erased turn 1 to heavy plasma

Demon prince got hit 48 inch double krak missel, then tried to hid behind a box and deep striking terminator dropped another double krak on him

The bread and butter was death to the traitors in melee, rerolling hits turned the stalemate of helix gaunt wearer marine on marine turned into me taking 2 models of his a turn cuz of that stratagem

Big turning point lucky stormhammer swing to one hit KO master of posession, demon price of his got killed by 3 48 range missles

He couldnt get Abaddon back after tearing up my deepstrike terms/Kayvan, I had 3 scramblers done / bombs on 4 and the Lt/Apoth/Captain castle of doom still alive

Just a quick n dirty on that one, love my list

Edit/PS: death to the traitor legions

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users