Warhammer 40k

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
My Vertus Praetors are gonna take a seat for a long while. They got severely nerfed (didnt get a toughness bump like everything else, movement ratched back 2 inches, and lost an attack) and their points cost went way up. Although they can do a once a game mortal wounds bombing run, they aint worth 90 points a model.

The locked squad size is really weird to me. Seems very restrictive, but I get that GW wants people to play what is in the boxes that they sell, total units and their variations.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
These points are going to need significant adjustments. How many drugs does it take to cost Wraithknights at 370 and Stompas at 800

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
So my overall thoughts are:

1) I don't care about squad size changes except that certain lists are difficult to deal with gaps in points (e.g. 60 points). Previously this would be wargear or an extra model or two to MSUs. AoS has a lot more options to fill gaps for points.

2) Included wargear is a great direction but balancing within datacards is not great.

3) Certain indices make less sense now given that there's no points savings to match certain obvious power gaps.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So my overall thoughts are:

1) I don't care about squad size changes except that certain lists are difficult to deal with gaps in points (e.g. 60 points). Previously this would be wargear or an extra model or two to MSUs. AoS has a lot more options to fill gaps for points.

2) Included wargear is a great direction but balancing within datacards is not great.

3) Certain indices make less sense now given that there's no points savings to match certain obvious power gaps.
Didn’t you have Master Shake Avatar!? I demand Palum edition 1.

Brad2770

Ended up with 6 boxes. Won’t let me get them until Saturday. I’m thinking I may have screwed myself trying to be a slick reseller.

F1325EA2-F373-4B65-A0C7-84383A97083D.jpeg

• 4Like
  • 1WTF
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 6 users

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
Dumb rules question. If a unit has Lethal hits, and a leader attached to it gives Lethal hits - does it go to autowound on a 5, or is the leader ability just wasted?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Dumb rules question. If a unit has Lethal hits, and a leader attached to it gives Lethal hits - does it go to autowound on a 5, or is the leader ability just wasted?
Doesn't stack you just apply the best one so just on 6s.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brad2770

So, Judiciars went from being around $30-$40 to $100 on eBay. Indomitus Honoured of the Chapter sprues went from about $130 to $245.

Are the Judiciars hot shit with the attack first ability?

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Attack first is amazing* this edition, particularly if you have any cheap access to Heroic Intervention.

*Assuming melee armies actually still exist when things shake out