Warhammer 40k

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So I have a bunch of firstborn blood wolves and grey hunters etc. To make them tournament viable I just need to rebase them on 32 mm? Just wondering how to make them Primaris.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
So I have a bunch of firstborn blood wolves and grey hunters etc. To make them tournament viable I just need to rebase them on 32 mm? Just wondering how to make them Primaris.
Well they are still playable right now, and basically they didn't technically say the SW special versions of the normal units were going away yet. Long term, the question is who knows. After all the only SW primaris unit so far are Reivers with special rules in exchange for the ability to give them carbines.

Certainly the BT crusade squads means they legitimately can and have produced a kit to offer intercessor replacements but... I have a feeling SW will get a more subtle upgrade where grey hunters = just intercessors with a special rule but covered fine with existing chapter upgrade sprue. Blood Claws = scouts with chapter upgrade. Long Fangs = Long Fangs Hell blasters or Eradicators or whatever and it just ends up like the BT tanks where it's the same unit but with a single extra rule.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Well they are still playable right now, and basically they didn't technically say the SW special versions of the normal units were going away yet. Long term, the question is who knows. After all the only SW primaris unit so far are Reivers with special rules in exchange for the ability to give them carbines.

Certainly the BT crusade squads means they legitimately can and have produced a kit to offer intercessor replacements but... I have a feeling SW will get a more subtle upgrade where grey hunters = just intercessors with a special rule but covered fine with existing chapter upgrade sprue. Blood Claws = scouts with chapter upgrade. Long Fangs = Long Fangs Hell blasters or Eradicators or whatever and it just ends up like the BT tanks where it's the same unit but with a single extra rule.

Im just concerned about painting them and having them get upgrade kits or something. You think it’s ok to paint them now right.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Im just concerned about painting them and having them get upgrade kits or something. You think it’s ok to paint them now right.
Personally, as of now I would not recommend anyone invest in firstborn from an army building perspective. That goes for money but also time. SW are unfortunately an army that's in terrible shape (probably the worst period right now?) because they have the most custom units and now are basically in the position Eldar were for a long time.

If you love the looks and don't care if they're legends then absolutely. If you want to kitbash and proxy existing primaris units, great. If you just want to make some cool models to paint then of course.

If they're unopened they will almost always be worth at least something to someone, either now or for nostalgia later if you change your mind.

This is why I've not done my BA army until new jump pack marines are in.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
From the kill team tournament I played in yesterday.

20230729_150323.jpg
PXL_20230729_164611094.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg

IMG_4392.jpg
20230729_182731.jpg

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Personally, as of now I would not recommend anyone invest in firstborn from an army building perspective. That goes for money but also time. SW are unfortunately an army that's in terrible shape (probably the worst period right now?) because they have the most custom units and now are basically in the position Eldar were for a long time.

If you love the looks and don't care if they're legends then absolutely. If you want to kitbash and proxy existing primaris units, great. If you just want to make some cool models to paint then of course.

If they're unopened they will almost always be worth at least something to someone, either now or for nostalgia later if you change your mind.

This is why I've not done my BA army until new jump pack marines are in.

Hmm ok thanks. I’m taking it chaos marines are safe for now

Chris

Potato del Grande
I replied to one post here and suddenly my youtube is full of 40k lore channels.

So very tempted to get some Space Marines and looking at Ravenstrike Boxset before it's out of stock. Thinking stealthy and jetpack units.

Should I wait for the new codex? Worried about buying obsolete models.

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
Might wait, but nothing in the ravenstrike will go obsolete anytime soon. (Note, as much as I like how reivers look, they are no bueno)

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I replied to one post here and suddenly my youtube is full of 40k lore channels.

So very tempted to get some Space Marines and looking at Ravenstrike Boxset before it's out of stock. Thinking stealthy and jetpack units.

Should I wait for the new codex? Worried about buying obsolete models.
I'd wait because jump marine refresh soon. See how it shakes out.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Finally

But I do have a feeling they're going to cut some dumb stuff and leave in random shit that has no point other than a large inventory in warehouse. Because GW.

Admittedly they could do a lot more pruning and condensing if they tried. Like "chaplain" but have a few armor options as stat lines.