Warhammer 40k

Chris

Potato del Grande
Need more highlighting, error cleanups, and thinning of paints for layering to be a proper headcase, Chris.
Sorry I left off edge highlights, that's on the list.

I've thinned the paints for painting the weapons silver, as some parts had white basecoat and others black to vary the silver tone.

But I'm painting in a too dark room so some of the weapons got too thick silver and the tone difference is gone. Hopefully Nuln Oil will save the day.

I'm saying all this ironically as I'm sure my eventual photos will look bad. Resigned myself to it being a skill issue and just doing it is the only way to improve.

It's the Combat Patrol that's nearly done, got Spearhead Box next.

Anyone know if the Assualt Intecessors with Jump Packs have interchangeable parts? Otherwise I'm getting three of each exact pose lol.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Anyone know if the Assualt Intecessors with Jump Packs have interchangeable parts? Otherwise I'm getting three of each exact pose lol.
I just built a box of them and i Dont really think so. I think you would need some work with green stuff

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Actually pretty happy with this, all done except chapter markings and transfers:
20231229_202259.jpg

Shoulders are the main bit that hasn't been done, so that's not the final colours:
20231229_202352.jpg

Also need to think about edge highlights.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Cool went with Tomekeepers after all?
No, that colour scheme but a 40k version of the 30k Invictarus Suzerain that includes all chapters as Gulliman's bodyguard. A "lifewatch".

I can back out now but the Terminators are getting yellow right shoulder with Imperial Fist Transfer, the Infernus are getting green right shoulder with Salamanders Transfer.

Infernus left shoulder and Terminator knee are going to be wraithbone with the eagle head from the wiki I linked. I'm going to paint over Raptors transfers in gold.

Got jump packs and bikes from the christmas box set, I bought Raven Guard and White Scars heads and will do similar with them.

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
WTH kind of list is this? Guilly is one of the least capable combat primarchs. Why is he on top? Sanguinius, Lion, Russ top 3 in that order.
Pretty sure if ole Roboute decided to get good he could be top tier, I am also 90% sure he is going to permanently kill Angron at some point. His sword can true death demons. Angron will then be resurrected but without the nodes that drive him insane.

• 1Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Pretty sure if ole Roboute decided to get good he could be top tier, I am also 90% sure he is going to permanently kill Angron at some point. His sword can true death demons. Angron will then be resurrected but without the nodes that drive him insane.
Or he could be a strategeryist and give the emps sword to the Lion.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Spoilers from Echoes of Eternity
Didn't Sanguinis already do that in the siege of Terra when he killed Angron by ripping out the butchers nails? I know he came back later on, but I thought it was without the butchers nails.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Spoilers from Echoes of Eternity
Probably but last I read he has more than ever now… he got so angry he tried to attack Khorne himself which resulted in him actually standing up to smash him so hard he flew at a million miles an hour into a nearby moon or some shit.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Probably but last I read he has more than ever now… he got so angry he tried to attack Khorne himself which resulted in him actually standing up to smash him so hard he flew at a million miles an hour into a nearby moon or some shit.
I thought that was Skarbrand?

Chris

Potato del Grande
Plastic crack has begun.

Just ordered 5 more Infernus Marines cheap off ebay so I can put a squad of 10 in a Land Raider Redeemer (not bought yet) using the Salamanders Detchement rules to burninate everything.

Got White Scars transfers on the way, already got my White Scars/Raven Guard beakies and ordered a base off a bitz website for the Invader ATV I built today with some purity seals bitz for the 3 bikes.

17040650009282634372256729853382.jpg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
God I hate that dumb ATV model rofl
bfa8db85b74b2d6409180a803388fbd3.jpg

Can't really figure out what these bikes and buggies are for.

Infernus Marines are for taking down hordes of infantry.

Assault Intercessors with Jetpacks, I give Powerfists and Plasma Pistols to and charge them into beefier stuff.

Terminators are harder to kill and seem like all rounders, so put them on an objective?

Seems like the bikes are just there to be big and screen stuff like Infernus Marines which suck in melee?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
View attachment 506718

Can't really figure out what these bikes and buggies are for.

Infernus Marines are for taking down hordes of infantry.

Assault Intercessors with Jetpacks, I give Powerfists and Plasma Pistols to and charge them into beefier stuff.

Terminators are harder to kill and seem like all rounders, so put them on an objective?

Seems like the bikes are just there to be big and screen stuff like Infernus Marines which suck in melee?

Well like most space marine things they exist for a variety of reasons that don't really make much sense individually. Originally they sold marines on imperial jetbikes (as they did IG). This was in an era before they standardized anything, just really single models with weird war gear. They also sold judge dredd miniatures so conversions happened. At some point they also got jetpacks.

The decision was made in 2nd to really focus the range as the lore got more developed. So jetbikes became regular bikes and hover tanks went away. Jump pack marines got swords. Later they decided that you know bikes to scout weren't scouting enough so they then also made scout bikes.

So they were at times fast attack and scouting/flanking, but other units got added to do that part cooler or cheaper. Really they just are fluff from old editions that got tracked on with lore and they're just kinda here.

My biggest issue with the ATV and the new bikes is the 2" of ground clearance despite allegedly being you know an off road scouting unit.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well like most space marine things they exist for a variety of reasons that don't really make much sense individually. Originally they sold marines on imperial jetbikes (as they did IG). This was in an era before they standardized anything, just really single models with weird war gear. They also sold judge dredd miniatures so conversions happened. At some point they also got jetpacks.

The decision was made in 2nd to really focus the range as the lore got more developed. So jetbikes became regular bikes and hover tanks went away. Jump pack marines got swords. Later they decided that you know bikes to scout weren't scouting enough so they then also made scout bikes.

So they were at times fast attack and scouting/flanking, but other units got added to do that part cooler or cheaper. Really they just are fluff from old editions that got tracked on with lore and they're just kinda here.

My biggest issue with the ATV and the new bikes is the 2" of ground clearance despite allegedly being you know an off road scouting unit.
They made them to sell plastic. No other reason.