Warhammer 40k

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
lmao

View attachment 507880View attachment 507881

giphy.gif
LOL $50 for square bases? Get the fuck out of here.

Better come with an on call blow job.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
LOL $50 for square bases? Get the fuck out of here.

Better come with an on call blow job.
Bases are a practically free online for generic, or I am betting alot of hard core fanbase could just 3d print their own, only a complete retard would buy those bases.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
The Callidus Assassin has been out of stock everywhere for the last 6 months....... I should have bought one a year ago at my LGS when there were 4+ of them sitting on the rack begging to be purchased.

You go on Ebay now for it, and they want nearly double the price for that plastic. Fuck that.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
My RG helms/transfers etc are on back order almost 4 months now.

I imagine a plastic model factory working at over production rate, billowing tons of smoke or something. Crazy demand or they are just slow to create that perception.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I get the feeling that someone at GW thought the boom in new players in 8th was a mirage. And in 9th. And in 10th. So didn't want to spin up another factory to meet demand.

Chris

Potato del Grande
My RG helms/transfers etc are on back order almost 4 months now.

I imagine a plastic model factory working at over production rate, billowing tons of smoke or something. Crazy demand or they are just slow to create that perception.
Lol wut? I ordered two packs of RG heads last month and I have them now. The Horus Heresy MK6 ones?

I didn't get a shipping notification after a week so I asked at the Warhammer store it was due to be delivered to and the day after it shipped.

Here they are:
17049180080674237435612870510295.jpg

Painting the fuckers now.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Lol wut? I ordered two packs of RG heads last month and I have them now. The Horus Heresy MK6 ones?

I didn't get a shipping notification after a week so I asked at the Warhammer store it was due to be delivered to and the day after it shipped.

View attachment 508512

It's the RG xfer pack, has RG themed bits/transfer decals. You got me on why it's a hold up, didn't see any in store so they put in an order for me.

Chris

Potato del Grande
It's the RG xfer pack, has RG themed bits/transfer decals. You got me on why it's a hold up, didn't see any in store so they put in an order for me.
Primaris Upgrade? You only get one beak helmet.

Ask for a refund and get the Heresy Mk6, transfers from eBay. It's 10 Beakies and an emo head.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Primaris Upgrade? You only get one beak helmet.

Ask for a refund and get the Heresy Mk6, transfers from eBay.

Yeah I only need 2 helms, got 3 of em and need the extra transfer decals.

Edit: nvm I do need 3 helms exactly. I need a vacation (a real one not screaming baby leave).

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Until maybe the last month or so I've been anti 3d printing "whole models". I really don't know exactly how to put it but something along the lines of appreciating the unified theme and shared experience coupled with a vague sense of collecting and constraints when dealing with kits, I don't know. It's the same reason MTG with proxies didn't excite me 20 years ago.

TOW was the tipping point for me, and GWs dogged insistence on being a rules book publishing company that also makes models is a big reason. At this point, just buy a 3d printer. They stated in their recent earnings report they have more than enough production capacity and don't see any need to increase, at the same time they can't deliver 90% of their product.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
How are people transporting their models?

Just bought two boxes with magnetic film and base magnets from https://www.themagnetshop.co.uk/warmag-miniature-figure-storage/

You can DIY it but this company sticks the magnetic sheets in for you and has magnets the width of the bases for added stability.

Just need a bag to put it all in.
Magnets are the only way. Foam doesn't work with the modern models imo, so many spindly bits.

My friend and I both use stackable tool chest storage systems, and we make or buy magnetic trays for them. It's not 100% perfect because it's not optimized but it's the best adaptable portable storage setup I've found at a generic box store instead of stuff like battle foam.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Only thing I still use foam for are old tanks, since they're 90% shoebox shape

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How are people transporting their models?

Just bought two boxes with magnetic film and base magnets from https://www.themagnetshop.co.uk/warmag-miniature-figure-storage/

You can DIY it but this company sticks the magnetic sheets in for you and has magnets the width of the bases for added stability.

Just need a bag to put it all in.

and then

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
I have a couple Tablewar cases. Look great but shelves / metal sheets can dislodge over time.

Might look at an A-Case next.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I have a couple Tablewar cases. Look great but shelves / metal sheets can dislodge over time.

Might look at an A-Case next.
That's too expensive! The warmag stuff cost me about $70, it's totally modular and I got a few hundred magnets customised for the three base sizes of models I'm using. Just need to buy a canvas bag that fits standard paper size.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I bought something like this for the small models.

Tribello Stack & Carry 2 Layer Handle Box, Clear Plastic Stackable Case with Lid and Blue Handle - for Organization, Size 14 x 10 x 7- Made in USA https://a.co/d/3oeYfDM

And something larger for the big models.

Depending on what country you're in, it might be something different.

I measured my average and max model height and compared it to the tub depth before buying.

After getting the tubs, I got some thin hvac sheet metal from the hardware store, super glue and sheet metal cutters.

Cut the metal to size and glue it to the bottom of the bins.

They've worked pretty well for me so far.

• 1Like