Warhammer Online RIP

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
You thinkin of white lion

Lol it was basically the shield master

2 hand spec was worthless

Custom buffed on the suggested emulator (along with other 2h tank specs) which is free and pretty fun

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
That lava battleground got real old for anyone without a ability to knock people off the bridges into the lava. I played a Magus and eventually decided to give them all a taste as I jumped off into the lava myself and used that AE that sucked everything to you to drag them all with me. Chaos Vortex I think.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
City Siege is out now. Population is around 800-1400 in primetime now.

ror_city_siege.png

Patch Notes 08/02/2020 - City Sieges - Return of Reckoning

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
I fucking loved this game when it came out, even with the massive imbalances between sides. And I say that from a guy who played a sorceress. And, yeah, the T1 battlegrounds were an absolute blast, then you got to the "boot into lava" maps and it all went to shit.

I also enjoyed the Chosen - the different specs were pretty varied. And the dark elf healer class that had a mechanic based on melee combat. Cool stuff. I think I must have played every class on both sides to a fair level.

The fact you could level just through PvP and battleground matching was great. The open world RvR was a constant disappointment. The open world horde encounters/quests or whatever they were were cutting edge at the time as well. Good stuff.

I miss this game, but I am pretty sure I could never go back.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
I fucking loved this game when it came out, even with the massive imbalances between sides. And I say that from a guy who played a sorceress. And, yeah, the T1 battlegrounds were an absolute blast, then you got to the "boot into lava" maps and it all went to shit.

I also enjoyed the Chosen - the different specs were pretty varied. And the dark elf healer class that had a mechanic based on melee combat. Cool stuff. I think I must have played every class on both sides to a fair level.

The fact you could level just through PvP and battleground matching was great. The open world RvR was a constant disappointment. The open world horde encounters/quests or whatever they were were cutting edge at the time as well. Good stuff.

I miss this game, but I am pretty sure I could never go back.

Balance is in a pretty good spot on Return of Reckoning. There's been a ton of balance changes, some good, some bad, to improve the game from live. They have complete control over the client assets so making a new ability or even a new zone is possible, as well as tweaking individual abilities.

They even made a ranked 6v6 mode with a solo and group queue.

There's plans for a Land of the Dead rework, and possibly turning Lost Vale into a Darkness Falls style dungeon. As well as potentially adding the Wrath of Heroes scenarios in the future.

There's also some sub-projects on Return of Reckoning that haven't been publicly talked about before that are pretty ambitious using the game client.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Truth. Although when I was playing this I recall the side favored changed by the hour. It was never consistently overpopulated either way

Pretty much this. Nearly everyone plays both factions if they stick with the game. That's the dead hours of the night, too when you posted it (2:28am) - generally, 10pm EST until 8am EST is considered the dead hours of the game. A large majority of players are in Europe that play this. Europe population is significantly more imbalanced than NA hours. That's a relatively tame amount of imbalance.

Here's a population count from the RvR Lake as of 9:23AM EST on a Friday:

iaoUzjV.png

Here's what is displayed on the website:

yjCetx6.png

Keep in mind too, that those players can be in Scenarios, Ranked SCs, PVE, etc. They aren't all in the lakes.

Also a +/- 2% imbalance isn't too bad. That's actually kind of close and winnable by defenders most of the time. What I posted is definitely not winnable for Order, but Destro virtually get no rewards because of the Against All Odds in the lakes. In Praag, they'll get 20% reduced XP/RR/Inf and order gets 20% more RR/XP/INF. In Thunder Mountain, Destro gets 100% reduced RR/XP/INF and order gets 100% increased RR/XP/INF. The bonuses/penalties stack up to 400% to discourage zerging.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kahleem

Trakanon Raider
I love you Secrets, but I can't ever get into that server because they're so anti-PVE. I multiboxxed the hell out of original Warhammer PVE, and i can't do so on that server. Anyone who boxes in PVP == get rid of them, but PVE....come on naw. :( .

MaseK

Molten Core Raider
Best all around pvp mmo game out right now, imo. Wish more NA folks would play.

PM / message me on Order @ Mase if anyone starts out.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Man... I played the hell out of this at release. I leveled up three characters to mid 30s (one to 40) on three different servers, as things died or got incredibly imbalanced. Due to its age it may actually run reasonably well on my laptop. I'll hit you up, M MaseK , if I do.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
I love you Secrets, but I can't ever get into that server because they're so anti-PVE. I multiboxxed the hell out of original Warhammer PVE, and i can't do so on that server. Anyone who boxes in PVP == get rid of them, but PVE....come on naw. :( .

PVE actually results in some of the best weapons right now. Multiboxing isn't allowed because it would allow for easy kill trading in RVR.

Kahleem

Trakanon Raider
PVE actually results in some of the best weapons right now. Multiboxing isn't allowed because it would allow for easy kill trading in RVR.

Can you work on getting logging/kill tracking working to identify fightclubbing? I'd promote the shit out of that server if I could multibox in PVE :).

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
S Secrets I am going to speak to you freely here and not risk getting banned.

You need to balance your fucking game. Destro as a whole is way overtuned and needs to get a fucking nerf bat taken to them like no tomorrow.

There is no risk for melee squigherders or choppas, and all the gawd damn benifits of CC, AOE cooldown increasers, and damage. This is not fun facing 3+ choppas and 2+ melee SH. Fix your fucking game.

Last edited:

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Thinking of trying this again. Are Warrior Priest still OP? That AOE heal with built-in cure/dispel was amazing. I also had that rare drop hammer that made your mana refresh insanely fast. I could spam AOE heal all day.

I was a WP in Ruin guild on Dark Crag server back in the day. Best PVP game ever.