Warhammer Online RIP

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
S Secrets I am going to speak to you freely here and not risk getting banned.

You need to balance your fucking game. Destro as a whole is way overtuned and needs to get a fucking nerf bat taken to them like no tomorrow.

There is no risk for melee squigherders or choppas, and all the gawd damn benifits of CC, AOE cooldown increasers, and damage. This is not fun facing 3+ choppas and 2+ melee SH. Fix your fucking game.

Not my responsibility solely. RoR has to make decisions as a team.

Slayer has Shatter Limbs same as melee SH for cooldown increasers. The abilities are mirrored. Both got nerfed to 3s cooldown increasers.
Choppa has the ability to give free immunities and deal medium amounts of damage. They're also squishy as fuck compared to riposte slayers.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Yes I know you are one voice within a room of many.

Yes I am aware of what my slayer can do and how it is speced.

I also know what I see with my eyes and read then following it up with the end of scenario stats.

Choppa and melee squig herders are vastly over tuned and need to be brought back down to a more reasonable level.

What good is that immunity that the choppa pull give when you are dead shortly there after because either A) your healer got pulled too and they are dead within flight of that pull, or b) group heals from that pull are on cool down from the melee squig herder flying into the backline unabated and do their version of shattered limbs.

There needs to be a cost for them and there isn't one.

For my slayer to get to their back line, I have to get through the melee train they have up front, and hope that my guarding tank is still alive, AND my healer(s) survive in tow.

Great balance. No risk for Destro, but all of the reward.

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've never been one to dabble in any private servers for any game. How hard is it to download and setup?

Nija

<Silver Donator>
It's real easy. The first time running the patcher takes awhile. I got it all set up on Friday and I've played twice. Having a hard time deciding what I want to play. If I play a bright wizard, we get rolled. If I play my archmage, we win. I don't understand it. I was trying to play IB, too, but I don't think that's a good idea with a high ping.

Muurloen

I was trying to play IB, too, but I don't think that's a good idea with a high ping.
Ironbreakers are amazing melee dps buffers, with pretty damn good dps themselves. If you go tank, ironbreakers are certainly a good choice.

Also, if you aren't in Europe, your ping is always gonna be a little high.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Can you still 2 box different factions, tap the other guy once then have it jump to its death to bypass diminishing returns and not trigger the zonewide 'x died to y!' message? I'm not playing, but genuinely curious lol.

(I may or may not have had a statue in my city for 2nd place renown earned just before servers shut off ;)

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Screenshot_20200229-1253332.jpg

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I loved this game but when people were just objective hopping, there was no real incentive to play. People wouldn't even care to defend and would simply just go to another keep and take it. Have they addressed that portion of the game or is it simply just a restored version of WAR?

I honestly believe that WAR was my biggest let down of a game. Kudos to people keeping it going and I hope it reaches some of its potential.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
From the Return of Reckoning video which I came here to post, so kudos S Secrets for already doing that, it sounds like they are doing new content. So its possible they will be trying to fix this kind of stuff.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Lol that video among others seemed to make this game super popular. Starting zones seem just as crowded as WoW classic the day it launched, complete with lines for quest items.

Apologies for the horrid UI, I just started and didn't bother to mess with it much. It's so bad I should SPOILER it

Matryarch_000.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Might give this a go with a friend or 2, are there any classes that suck and should be avoided?

Muurloen

I'd say the class that has the hardest learning curve is Archmage.

For order, if you are able get a small group together with 1 ironbreaker, 1 slayer (aoe), and 1 warrior priest/runepriest... you are already on the path to kick ass and chew bubblegum.

To complete that group, snag a knight for another guard and the auras they bring, another dps (regardless if it is single target dps (white lion, witch hunter, bw, engy) or another aoe (slayer/bw), and another healer.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
1J3NJ2z.png

Population graph for the last few weeks.

qcZ3Tyy.png

Here's the day-to-day population. The population had a huge spike from TheLazyPeon's video on YouTube about Return of Reckoning. Can't imagine it'll last, but we'll see...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
So what mods do I install? And how do I get rid of system spam? Shit like 'npc aggros thisguy' and the spam in scenarios?

edit: NM the spam, figured it out.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Giving you guys a first look at the new game coming April 1st, Thanquol's Stand: Ratnarok.

It's a tower defense skaven onslaught.

jGSfVeV.jpg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users