WarnerMedia launching HBO Max Spring 2020

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>

WB is killing DC. This should have printed money.

• 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
i didn't think HBO max would be the one to finally figure out the reality first

An internal graphic comparing the audiences of Discovery+ and HBO Max showed a stark demographic difference between the two streamers. Where HBO Max is popular with diverse groups, single people, and drivers of hybrid cars, Discovery+ is popular with white, married people who drive SUVs, minivans, and “traveling buses.” HBO Max viewers are on TikTok and Instagram, while Discovery+ viewers use social media platforms Facebook and Twitter, with the added caveat, “if any.” HBO Max viewers have no kids. Discovery+ viewers are either “empty nesters” or have grandchildren. Discovery may be trying to pull HBO into its orbit as it focuses on what it does best.

Overall, there’s a sense that HBO Max’s executives of color were just another casualty in the company’s quest to get itself out of debt, content quality be damned.
“In terms of people seeing themselves reflected, whether it’s ethnic or LGBTQ, when you have people who are diverse, the lens with which they evaluate [content] factors in things that I think my white colleagues just don’t think about,” one former executive said.
“It’s deep,” said another. “What are they going to do with this disproportionate amount of people of color that were let go? They need to replace them in some capacity. Or do they not care? That’s what we’ve been told, that they just don’t care.”

• 1Like
  • 1Blown
Reactions: 1 users

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I love the idea that if a minority gets let go that you can just slot another in. Like directly saying the quiet part about them just being diversity hires out loud.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
more on the movie side not TV but not great for HBO, although since Zaslev is a reality TV guy they may not give a single fuck

Legendary controls IPs like Godzilla, Dune but also movie/TV rights to stuff not obvious like The Expanse, Pacific Rim, Tomb Raider, Sin City. They have quite a few TV shows in production.

• 1Rustled

joz123

Potato del Grande
more on the movie side not TV but not great for HBO, although since Zaslev is a reality TV guy they may not give a single fuck

Legendary controls IPs like Godzilla, Dune but also movie/TV rights to stuff not obvious like The Expanse, Pacific Rim, Tomb Raider, Sin City. They have quite a few TV shows in production.
A bunch of shit I wouldn't watch anyway.

I Have No Idea Shrug GIF

• 1Seriously?

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I love the idea that if a minority gets let go that you can just slot another in. Like directly saying the quiet part about them just being diversity hires out loud.
It is an entire article bemoaning the skin color of the executives that were unable to compete successfully in the streaming business for whatever reason instead of addressing the reality that people who are shit at their jobs get fucking fired. Diversity for diversity's sake is the foundation of get woke, go broke.

• 2Like

spronk

FPS noob
expect HBO prices to go up next year as they rollout their new combined shittier service

no worries, my 80TB media NAS is fine with torrents

• 2Solidarity

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I hope the ghost of Matthew Lillard ends that within the first season.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
WB assaulted bat girl i guess

Fucking shocked. A CEO who cuts cost from money losing segments. More shocked. He is an old white guy. I bet that bastard doesnt even put his pronouns in his bio.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

They probably dumping the HBO from the name so people don’t have an expectation of HBO shows on the platform

• 1Like