WarnerMedia launching HBO Max Spring 2020

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
We've been rewatching old shows, before woke killed everything; Office, Parks and Rec, Scrubs, etc. All good shows and I can watch The Office over and over and it never stops being funny.
My wife and I are watching "Don't Trust The Bitch in Apt 23". I had forgotten how funny that shit was. James Van Der Beek playing himself and constantly getting dunked on is gold.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
My wife and I are watching "Don't Trust The Bitch in Apt 23". I had forgotten how funny that shit was. James Van Der Beek playing himself and constantly getting dunked on is gold.

Yeah it's one of those shows that makes you wonder wtf is wrong with everyone that it had such a short run when shit like Big Bang Theory lasted 27 or whatever seasons

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

spronk

FPS noob
on the plus side all those TV shows that air and i always wonder "who the fuck is watching this shit".... turns out its nobody, and they are all finally getting cancelled

hope the podcast space is next, all the (free) podcasts i listen to now are full of ads celebrating new queer fat black pride podcasts and all i can think of is "who is this for? the 10 people who give a shit?"

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

on the plus side all those TV shows that air and i always wonder "who the fuck is watching this shit".... turns out its nobody, and they are all finally getting cancelled

hope the podcast space is next, all the (free) podcasts i listen to now are full of ads celebrating new queer fat black pride podcasts and all i can think of is "who is this for? the 10 people who give a shit?"

i looked up ratings when it was cancelled, during peak tds she was pulling like 1.2m viewers, last year was around 500k, this year not many numbers listed, but the ones i found were from 180k to 300k

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
this isn't a joke, the article does say the average age of CW viewers is 58. i guess its because you can watch CW with antenna so its mostly people who don't have cable or know how to use streaming services. Its bizarre though because I just assumed the only ones who still watch the shit on CW are teenagers due to their hyper focus on retarded teen drama shows

but yeah that pretty much means all the CW teen shows are dead (all the DC stuff) and the network will refocus on shows that are either sold to netflix before its even produced or news/simple shows

• 1Like

Goatface

not many at all still watch it
1660661901474.png

not a single show over 1m now

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
During the prime CW days with smoking hot women on every show their demographic was younger. When the studio stopped casting them younger viewers changed the channel. This is signaling they have no intent to go back to the golden days and claim back audience.

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I can watch The Office over and over and it never stops being funny.
Because US Office never started off as funny therefore it can never stop being funny

Uk office or nothing. Although if you like comedy you should watch the rehearsal on HBO

spronk

FPS noob

max is dropping shows they created, which means there is literally nowhere you can watch them lol. Its done so they can avoid paying royalties/etc but also means if you worked on the show no one can watch it (sans pirating). pretty funny tbh, i doubt most people care since i haven't heard of any of these shows

spronk

FPS noob
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

max is dropping shows they created, which means there is literally nowhere you can watch them lol. Its done so they can avoid paying royalties/etc but also means if you worked on the show no one can watch it (sans pirating). pretty funny tbh, i doubt most people care since i haven't heard of any of these shows
Maybe they are dropping them because they are all trash?

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
35 shows so far and more coming apparently

lol one of the showrunners

i wonder if they hired more white men if their shows would be safe. sadly, they forgot to be diverse enough
The amount of estrogen in that pic is telling. Christ no wonder these shows suck.

• 1Picard

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Sounds dumb, but I did not watch any of that, so let their target audience be outraged while the Joker literally runs for mayor and zero Harley Quinn on the newest Harley Quinn episode.