Warrior Nun

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
I forgot all about this show. I reread my comments here and don't remember much of anything about it except the cute actress. I know I want to watch Season 2, but damn I hope they have a REALLY good recap clip. I don't know that I'm going to want to rewatch the first season, but fuck me if I can remember shit. And apparently the ending was a massive blue ball, but again...can't remember!
Girl who was an orphan & completely immobile was killed by the orphanage mom, corpse gets moved to the church, meanwhile current warrior nun with the halo gets attacked/killed/halo gets removed put in cute girl. This brings corpsey back to life and restores her ability to move

Cute girl rebels after now being able to walk/move again, runs away, meets group of thieves and gets it out of her system

Returns to the church to train/learn how to use the halo power. Discovers secret room that the prior halo bearer had, reads research that shows church is hiding something beneath the vatican (I think its the vatican?). Team breaks in, discovers the 'angel' who has been imprisoned there, as the same person who gave the original warrior nun his halo to begin with.

Turns out, entire thing is a sham and the angel wants his shit back. Mix in some otherwordly demons & phantasms who possess people, a tony stark level scientist lady who is trying to use divinium (halo material?) to build a portal to save her son, and a priest who leads the nuns with a shady past.

That's pretty much a recap of s1 from what I remember.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Girl who was an orphan & completely immobile was killed by the orphanage mom, corpse gets moved to the church, meanwhile current warrior nun with the halo gets attacked/killed/halo gets removed put in cute girl. This brings corpsey back to life and restores her ability to move

Cute girl rebels after now being able to walk/move again, runs away, meets group of thieves and gets it out of her system

Returns to the church to train/learn how to use the halo power. Discovers secret room that the prior halo bearer had, reads research that shows church is hiding something beneath the vatican (I think its the vatican?). Team breaks in, discovers the 'angel' who has been imprisoned there, as the same person who gave the original warrior nun his halo to begin with.

Turns out, entire thing is a sham and the angel wants his shit back. Mix in some otherwordly demons & phantasms who possess people, a tony stark level scientist lady who is trying to use divinium (halo material?) to build a portal to save her son, and a priest who leads the nuns with a shady past.

That's pretty much a recap of s1 from what I remember.
Thanks! Armed with that, I might just watch the final episode again. Even if it doesn't matter, it might help me recapture that blue-balled feeling I slightly recall having last time.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Didn't add the jealous nun who wanted the halo as the next in line, shotgun mary, mother superior (who beats ass), or the cardinal but yeah, blue balls definitely sums up the ending cliff hanger.

Been waiting for years to see where it went but after Covid hit, I thought it was cancelled too even though it kept saying "a new season is coming".

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Loved the end of the 1st episode. So that is what happens when Wolverine has the ability to teleport. As soon as the first guy went down, I would have dropped my weapon, raised my hands, and asked what she wanted me to do. I am not sure what locking those bars accomplished but yeah...ok.

This show really does give off the Buffy the Vampire slayer becomes a nun vibe. So far so good.

As far as the ending of the 1st season......nothing happened. They got the fuck out of dodge.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The battles are getting better. Worth the watch but it is pretty simplistic.

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Barely remembered much from s1.

S2. action packed. plot and motivations.. eh. some spoilers. also, I know nothing about the comic.

on one level I can like the idea of planeswalker pretending to be a god, and the ramifications of that, on the locals.
But, this is also yet another tv show that masquerades as Christian, while just completely shitting on all Christian doctrine. Its really tiresome. they don't do this to any other religion.

The show itself then doesn't really deal with any of this properly. Few characters ever actually consider the ramifications of whats happening, they don't ask questions. the few that even do, is passing at best.
This manifests really bizarrely, as like 70% of the Catholic church just devotes themselves to this wizard. and this wizard doesn't even bullshit himself at all. Zero explanation of the "correct" theology. like, sure, some wizard showing up with actual magic powers is pretty impressive, and would shake peoples faith. But, if that wizard refuses to actually give a new testament of where religion is wrong. no one would believe them. Especially not devout people. FFS, Christian doctrine is full of claims of demons, sorcerers, deceivers, false prophets, etc. Thou shall not suffer a witch.

strike on the nuns convents kills all but 5. suddenly, new super super secret nun know about super duper secret weapon.. bruh.. Also, despite all the nuns being dead. more Rando commando nun reenforcements just show up suddenly from nowhere at one point.

Not a fan of the direction they took with Lilith. again, this character asks no questions. like, she decides to join this dude, despite him giving zero explanation of who they are going to be fighting exactly, or why. "you're powerful, join me!" "ok." women, amirite? no convictions. why was she even a nun in the first place? Why is she so easy to convince?

Ava is a drunk slut, and the show seems to encourage it. Could be written off in s1 more as her living high, after being paralyzed all her childhood. but s2 doesn't tell her to stop it, and just encourages the OTHER nuns to join in.

Nuns do not spend nearly enough time contemplating their faith and the actual cosmology when all their doctrine is wrong. And again, no one presses Adriel on some real answers. nor, Micheal. baffling.

Show also forgets who is and isn't possessed. And what that even means. like at the end, bea tells a bunch of goons, if they walk away, she won't kill or paralyze them for life.. but the show already asserted the goons are all possessed. none of those people have any choice at all.

Very low on direct wokeness. Again, theres anti church, lesbians, hedonism, 99% of the women are heroes, 1% of men are heroes, though.

"theres no other way to heal her" really, cause you healed mother superior of both current mortal wound, and life long crippling, like 3 hours ago with the halo.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user