Washer and Dryer

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
The newer Samsungs toute 6cu, don't be fooled thats 5cu main, and 1cu for the top (for bras and shit), even then it's just 1.5k, w/ all the wifi bullshit, if you wanted to, you can get the pedestal option for storage or even another 1cu washer, but you could probably just go spend 3k for the match pair and bitches will swoon over it cuz it's so pretty.

They do have a reminder to clean it out, to avoid front loader stink.

Just fyi, when i went shopping i wanted to get the highest capacity w/ zero electronics (i hate wifi shit in appliances), top loader w/o the impeller gets you 4.5cu. It was less than 1k for the matching pair, i had a budget to spend more, but the higher end it got, the more electronic shit they put in, so theres that.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
The newer Samsungs toute 6cu, don't be fooled thats 5cu main, and 1cu for the top (for bras and shit), even then it's just 1.5k, w/ all the wifi bullshit, if you wanted to, you can get the pedestal option for storage or even another 1cu washer, but you could probably just go spend 3k for the match pair and bitches will swoon over it cuz it's so pretty.

They do have a reminder to clean it out, to avoid front loader stink.

Just fyi, when i went shopping i wanted to get the highest capacity w/ zero electronics (i hate wifi shit in appliances), top loader w/o the impeller gets you 4.5cu. It was less than 1k for the matching pair, i had a budget to spend more, but the higher end it got, the more electronic shit they put in, so theres that.

Ya i'm with you it's fucking annoying. I'm bouncing between speedqueen and bosch for some of those reasons.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I have LG front loading washer and dryer, don't have a choice in my condo since I need to have the units stacked, no room to have them side by side. Never had a problem with them.

I'll second whoever said that as a tall person 6'3", it's annoying to get that sock that is in the back of the washer...and there is ALWAYS a sock in the back of the fucking washer...ALWAYS.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I would never buy a Samsung appliance, they break down easy.

Whirlpool is BIFL, or at least was.

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
I would never buy a Samsung appliance, they break down easy.

Whirlpool is BIFL, or at least was.

Agreed, don't buy Samsung, they are proven to have the largest issues within the first 5 years of ownership (consumer reports). I bought front load LG washer/dryer combo and have been pleasantly surprised. As long as you do the necessary cleanup/maintenance, you'll be golden.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
My Samsung's made it ten years before the dryer needed a belt then a few months later a heater coil unit (4 days ago). Total cost was about 60 bucks from amazon and 2 hours to fix.

I think they were $900 each when I got them. I wouldnt go anywhere near anything with WiFi or more bullshit.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Yea i like all non electronics on appliances, few weeks ago, i noticed my clothes weren't getting dry and there was hardly any lint in the trap. i thought it might be some issue, so i jumped in behind it (hallway setup), undid all the screws and it just ended up that one screw came loose in the whole lint trap area, tightened that shit down, vac'd it up blew out any lint in the machine and the hose, and my clothes are dry again. I could say it was shoddy workmanship that one screw came loose, but it was a simple enough fix that i could actually open up the thing and clearly see the problem. Whereas these new w&ds would have you probably run a fuckin diagnostic.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Everything is super fixable and cheap if something breaks and you don't want to wait for a dude to show up. Screwdriver and a multimeter is pretty much all you need.

Boom boom amazon prime and you get your part in 2-3 days. Or just pay maytag to come out and hope they have the part and not deal with taking apart your fucking dryer like a retard.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Granted I don't know half the brands you guys have over there.

Had not so good experience with Bauknecht dryer. Bought Bosch and it's night and day. Bosch Siemens home appliance company does a great job.
Same for washer, wife brought a noname into our relationship and it finally broke down so I have a matching Bosch/Bosch set.

If you want to go big, over here you buy Miele. These things last a lifetime.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Granted I don't know half the brands you guys have over there.

Had not so good experience with Bauknecht dryer. Bought Bosch and it's night and day. Bosch Siemens home appliance company does a great job.
Same for washer, wife brought a noname into our relationship and it finally broke down so I have a matching Bosch/Bosch set.

If you want to go big, over here you buy Miele. These things last a lifetime.

I wish bosch and speed queen had larger units. Especially bosch. Love the brand (just got a bosch dishwasher) but I don't want stackables.

Very likely gonna go with speed queen but will check out miele.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I wish bosch and speed queen had larger units. Especially bosch. Love the brand (just got a bosch dishwasher) but I don't want stackables.

Very likely gonna go with speed queen but will check out miele.
what size you got, vs what you wanna upgrade to?