Washer and Dryer

Siliconemelons

SpeedQueen(s) are the best, they are "basic" units and nigh close to professional grade... they are the same crap that's been made 20-30 years ago... when things where made better... had a pair that was brought in by my landlord on my last place before I bought- was a year and a half, they where used- and the things performed great, never a hitch, huge bin and the dryer always only needed 1 cycle sans like a king sized comforter (if not by itself)

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
One thing I hate about our front loaders is we can't wash any comforter or most blankets, it will error the machine out (WHICH IS A PAIN IN THE DICK). Also you need to put in washer cleaner every 1 month to avoid the shit smell that everyone associates with them.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I bought a pair of HE front loaders before HE top loaders were really a thing. Personally I don't see the big deal about front loaders. They seem to be more hassle for absolutely no gain.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Front loaders are water efficient, that's all. The downside though, is that you cannot use bleach (or much of it) because of how water efficient they are. I still prefer the oscillators.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
What I want to know is how much do the dope ass laundromat front loaders that have been around forever go for?

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I can still use bleach, but the compartment for it is small like you said.
You can still use bleach, it's just not recommended. There's not enough water in them, so the bleach will eventually corrode the inside. Just don't use too much at a time.

Siliconemelons

unless your going HE for "the green" and protecting our oh so fragile environment you really are not going to save that much money in the long run, its kinda like hybrids... what you WILL save money on is getting an efficient dryer -that's what is the expensive part of the pair.

lurker

Vyemm Raider
They have "HE" bleach, I wonder if that's watered down or some shit marketing ploy
Using regular Clorox bleach, and a lot of it, is how the manual says to do the monthly "Clean" cycle on our Kenmore front loader. Maybe different brands have different specs. I dunno.i

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Using regular Clorox bleach, and a lot of it, is how the manual says to do the monthly "Clean" cycle on our Kenmore front loader. Maybe different brands have different specs. I dunno.i
Yeah and actually Clorox sells a front loader cleaner and I'm pretty sure it's just bleach. Smells and looks like bleach.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I've got a Samsung he front loader and it works great. My clothes come out just the same as they did in my top loaders.

Fuck me I've already responded to this thread
Well, you doreally lovethat front loader!

Phalanx

Silver Knight of the Realm
5-6k budget what's the best washer / dryer combo out there?
I have an LG high-capacity washer and a Whirlpool dryer (had the matching front-loader for that, but the main bearing went after 1.5 years).

I like the LG, but I'd probably look into either the newer Samsungs or Electroluxes if I had to replace it. The high capacity is nice for 5-6 towels or large comforters or a shit-ton of kids clothes.

I don't think you need to spend anywhere $5-6k, though.