Wasteland 2

spronk

FPS noob
wasteland 2 (relaunches?) tomorrow, its out for consoles anyways and the updates will be free for PC owners

i own the PC version but never played, too many games to play right now but i'll keep an eye out for a sale on digital ps4/xbone version and probably play it on there if it drops to under $20

Yeah, I Kick-started and was about to start this up a couple months ago ... then they announced the Director's Cut. Will be starting it tomorrow and report back with results.

Right now I have Pillars of Eternity and W2 on deck. Will definitely be busy for a while.
smile.png

moontayle

Golden Squire
I got W2 as part of my backing of Bard's Tale IV and have been enjoying it so far. Not all that far in though.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I thought it was a solid 7/10. It's pretty much a rehash of the W1 storyline and the game started to dull for me once you get to the "second" area, but other than that and the obviously lower production values (most kickstarter games have this problem, naturally), it was a really solid game for the cost and budget they had to work with.

Are they adding any actual content in the re-release, or is it just a graphical overhaul and bug/gameplay fixes in preparation for the console release? It was a good game, but not something I'd bother replaying without new content.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I enjoyed it enough to play it twice, but I am a sucker for tactical RPGs and post apoc stuff. My hope is that they clean up the quest tree issues in the second act and rebalance ranged combat a bit (ARs are too good, energy is too limited) to make the game more diverse.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Check back after midnight PDT, and also check GOG after the update goes live there too.

I'll be kind of surprised if they cut the price before the Xmas sale though.

moontayle

Golden Squire
I enjoyed it enough to play it twice, but I am a sucker for tactical RPGs and post apoc stuff. My hope is that they clean up the quest tree issues in the second act and rebalance ranged combat a bit (ARs are too good, energy is too limited) to make the game more diverse.
With you on ARs. Running Leader w/Sniper, Healer w/Shotgun, Blunt Melee, and Ranged AR and dude just mows shit down. Not sure if save files will copy over to DC but I'm only just at the Red Skorpion area so not a huge loss of time to get another game going.

This game does reward you for multiple playthroughs though.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Different endings never really did much for me. I've never really played through games again just to see what I different ending was like. Guess I can see other people wanting to do it, though

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Different choices you make and such. Helping one town of people changes the story/ending in certain ways.

Plus you get to befriend the best character ever twice.

Scotchmo.
Scotchmo's dialogue was epic. Almost makes me want to play it again. IMHO this was the best game of the year, or at least best RPG. Dialogue/story/characters were amazing and the quests were ingeniously designed in terms of all the ways they could be solved.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
wasteland 2 (relaunches?) tomorrow, its out for consoles anyways and the updates will be free for PC owners

i own the PC version but never played, too many games to play right now but i'll keep an eye out for a sale on digital ps4/xbone version and probably play it on there if it drops to under $20
Saw this thread, was curious why download for the update didn't start when I started Steam. I thought it was an update, but it is an entirely new download with new achievements as well. Wasteland 2 Director's cut, appears below the regular game.

Will the Director's Cut be an update, or a separate install?
The Director's Cut is a separate game instead of a patch. You will see a new "Wasteland 2: Director's Cut" game appear in your library. That way you can also keep playing the original Wasteland 2 if you wish.

Gameplay Questions

What is new in the Director's Cut?
Wasteland 2 Director's Cut changes a huge number of aspects of the game. Our main new features and changes include:

Graphical overhaul and update to the Unity 5 game engine.

Expanded voice-over with thousands of newly-voiced lines for key characters and scenes.

Precision Strikes system allows you to target individual body parts on enemies in combat, which lets you inflict negative status effects on them.

Perks system lets you pick bonuses for your characters as they level up.

Quirks system lets you pick a personality trait for each custom created Ranger during character creation, with a gameplay-modifying positive and negative quality.

Rebalanced gameplay, including virtually all combat encounters, weapons, loot drops and containers.

Controller support on PC and console.

There's plenty of smaller additions to be found, of course, but we'll leave those for you to find.
Will save files or characters transfer over from the original game?

No. The number of changes to the game in the Director's Cut means it's more or less impossible for us to guarantee compatibility. Save file formats have changed on a technical level and old saves may not be read correctly in the Director's Cut, and the gameplay changes mean that characters made on the old version of the game would not play well in the Director's Cut.

^ Yeah I was confused at first too. The game is an entirely new entry in your Library. For Shadowrun : Dragonfall : DC that wasn't the case. Makes sense I guess since save games are likely not compatable.

Anyway, fired this up last night at about 8pm expecting to make my chars and maybe do the first area. Ended staying up till 3 AM and reluctantly logging out a worknight. Haven't done that in a while for a game.
smile.png

I played beta on and off since I don't have time to beta test really. But from what I noticed:

- graphics better in all ways
- UI way better
- performance vastly improved
- lots of new voice acting

Never played that far in beta though since I had so many games in queue. So I can't comment on mechanics or story changes.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'll have to grab it next time it goes on sale I think. Hopefully takes care of a lot of the complaints people had from the release.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Steam forums says new camera is shitty, but devs have said theyll fix it in a patch at some point.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The camera issue was fixed yesterday like a couple hours after they said they'd look into it.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
I need to go back and play this, my game got fucked up halfway through(quests stopped working entirely).

Rime

<Donor>
Game is fucking hard as balls on the highest difficulty.

Never played the first Wasteland 2, but am a veteran of many cRPGs (BG1/2, IWD, PS:T, Divinity OS, etc). But ammo is so scarce. Managed to limp my way through the second map (Ag) and am considering dropping down a difficulty level. Rough having to use melee weapons because you have next to no ammo.