Wasteland 3

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
They need to fix armor system as well. The mods and the selection need to be revamped and expanded. Also need an option to pay to remove mods from weapons and armor. A few more ARs as well and you have a 9/10 game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

I was about to bite the bullet on this. Should I wait a bit?

Aside, I've said it before... But I've never played a game where crit or crit damage is balanced. I have no fucking idea, while game devs keep putting that shit in games.
Headshots/weakpoints? ok. Conditional damage boots aka 30% bonus damage to target on fire? ok. Crits? stop fucking doing it.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I was about to bite the bullet on this. Should I wait a bit?

Aside, I've said it before... But I've never played a game where crit or crit damage is balanced. I have no fucking idea, while game devs keep putting that shit in games.
Headshots/weakpoints? ok. Conditional damage boots aka 30% bonus damage to target on fire? ok. Crits? stop fucking doing it.
It's on gamepass.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
If you like the genre of tactics plus post apoc, its a good grab. It has crash issues (even on console), some internal balance problems, and is probably a bit too easy. The soundtrack is amazing and the story is decent, as well as the gameplay loop being pretty engrossing, though.

Caliane

Really enjoying the writing. It feels way more fresh then Fallout. Lots of actual choices too in dialogues.

Very buggy still. I'm still hitting tons. visual. mechanical.. etc..

Skill system... has promise... but, seems WAY too much like a "read a guide before you play". theres lots of shit not explained, and no preview of perk skill trees, etc. And, there is 100% a correct choice when building characters and planning your party.

Its not freeform at all.. theres 6 characters in your party. you want every skill in your party at max. spread out among them. Ideally, you need to know what every companion will come as.. so you can plan ahead. And then you need to know max level, max skill points, etc.. which books you get, and plan ahead for them..

Some skills expressly synergize with others. Sniper+sneak, explosives+str, etc. leadership/charisma.
Alot of perks are just better then others too. like the shotgun perks as people have noted.

I put explosives/lockpick on the same char, and shes hilariously outleveling the rest of the party, including my leadership/cha Ranger.

animal companions are crazy strong. as people have noted. Seems like they gave them major hp to counter the suicidal A.I.

Skill books not just giving a flat +5 skill points seems real boneheaded.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
So I saw this today and immediately thought of WL3. I think one of my characters looked just like this guy.

character creation.jpg

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
SO I just picked this up a few days ago and I find this game rather tedious. The battles are fun but the rest of the game is kinda tedious. Just got done with the whole Warrens/Bizare thing and im around lv 10 or 11 now? Anyway the money is pretty rare, and gun upgrades just dont drop enough. You go to vendors and they want like $500+ moneys for the good shit and you have like $1k on your person. Ammo for certain things is pretty rare and expensive. I keep running out of 7.62 for my heavy and keep having to craft it, but its expensive to craft. Cant even craft the energy ammo so I have to buy the shit for $6 a pop and when it drops/chests only like one drops, like WTF? WTF am I doing wrong?

I also find the travel in this game tedious as hell. There shoudld be an option to fast travel from the map or at least allow you to click on the map you want to go to. So you dont have to pan and click all the fucking time in game.