Watch Dogs

Caliane

Did a search, and came up with nothing. Looks like we didnt start a new one for this yet.
Ubisoft Montreal's GTA type openworld game.

PS4 announce had some new video of course. Including live gameplay.

UBISOFT?'S GROUNDBREAKING NEW TITLE
WATCH_DOGST TO DEBUT ON PLAYSTATION?4 COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM AT LAUNCH

Ubisoft? Showcases Exclusive Live Demo at PlayStation? Meeting 2013

NEW YORK - February 20, 2013 - Today, following the announcement of the PlayStation?4 from Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCE), Ubisoft? revealed that its highly anticipated open world action-adventure game, Watch_DogsT, will be available for the launch of the new system.

As demonstrated onstage today at PlayStation Meeting 2013, Watch_Dogs' ambitious scope illustrates that Ubisoft is once again at the forefront of new technologies, giving freedom to development teams to create unprecedented entertainment experiences. Development of Watch_Dogs is being led by Ubisoft Montreal, with support from Ubisoft's Bucharest, Paris, Quebec and Reflections studios. Receiving more than 83 awards and nominations at E3 2012 where it was first announced, Watch_Dogs blends cutting-edge technologies and sophisticated game design into a realistic, living open world.

In Watch_Dogs, players will experience the realities of living in our fully connected society, where individuals and corporations are at risk of exposure by our ever-increasing reliance on networks and technology.

Players will assume the role of Aiden Pearce, a new type of vigilante who, with the help of his smartphone, will use his ability to hack into Chicago's central operating system (ctOS) and control almost every element of the city. Aiden will be able to tap into the city's omnipresent security cameras, download personal information to locate a target, control systems such as traffic lights or public transportation to stop a chase, and more. The city of Chicago is now the ultimate weapon.

"Ubisoft has a strong history of supporting new technologies with unique and creative offerings," said Yves Guillemot, chief executive officer, Ubisoft. "The power and capability of the PS4 allows the Watch_Dogs team to further push the boundaries of what was previously thought possible in interactive entertainment."

Watch_Dogs will be available on PS4 at launch, along with its release on the PlayStation?3 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360? video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, the Wii UT system from Nintendo and Windows PC.

PS4, Ps3, PC, xbox360, AND Wii U confirmed. (next gen Xbox almost assuredly as well)

Pretty sure the E3 footage was PC. Ps4 ps4 of course. Alot of noticeable tearing. Reflections and shadows looked notably worse too I think.
:Edit. Nope. reports saying it was PC both times.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
It was hard to tell how bad the game looked graphically over the feed. It appears to be better than GTA4.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I am curious as to how it will play. There must be some limits to what he can phonehack and I can probably suspend belief to enjoy the gameplay if it is good enough.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Nothing they've shown of it yet grabs me at all. It looks pretty enough I guess, but the plot sounds like a tired clich? and the basic premise is absurd even by videogame standards. And to nitpick a bit, I certainly hope that the main character's running animation isn't final in the videos we've seen so far; it's the worst I've seen in a long time.

Then again, it could turn out to be another Sleeping Dogs. That game didn't look like anything special either and ended up being one of the best sandbox games since Saints Row 2.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Besides Bioshock and something else that I'm inevitably forgetting, I'm probably most excited for this game

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
apparently they have an entire dev team just developing the social connectivity for the game.

probably will be buying...

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
If this turns out half as good as the videos show, this game will be the shit. Glad it's coming to PC. I don't want to jump into the new consoles immediately, but I have a feeling we're in for some very exciting stuff and I'll probably end up getting one of them near release.

Sean_sl

shitlord
So, there's been zero posts in the actual thread about this game. I think we've done all of the talking about it in the next-gen thread.

PC specs released:Watch Dogs PC specs (x64 only, Quad Core minimum, recommended 8-core and 2GB VRAM) - NeoGAF

Base Specification
Operating System: Windows Vista (SP2), Windows 7 (SP1) or Windows 8
Note that we only support 64 bit OSs.
DVD-ROM: DVD-ROM Dual Layer
Hard Drive Space: 20 GB
Sound: DirectX 9.0c Compatible Sound Card with Latest Drivers
Internet: Broadband connection and service required for multiplayer mode

Minimum Specification
GPU: DirectX 11 graphics card with 1 GB Video RAM
CPU: Quad core
RAM: 4GB

example 1
GPU: NVidia GTX 460
CPU: Intel Core2 Quad Q6600

example 2
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 5770
CPU: AMD Phenom X4 9750

Recommended Specification
GPU: DirectX 11 graphics card with 2 GB Video RAM
CPU: Eight core
RAM: 8GB

example 1
GPU: NVidia GTX 560 ti
CPU: Intel Core i7-3770

example 2
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7850
CPU: AMD FX-8350 Eight-Core

"Ultra" Specification
GPU: Latest DirectX 11 graphics card with 2 GB Video RAM or more
CPU: Latest Eight core or more
RAM: 8GB or more

example 1
GPU: Nvidia GTX 670
CPU: Intel Core i7-3930K

example 2
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7970
CPU: AMD FX-9370 Eight-Core

Sean_sl

shitlord
I'm betting that the X360/PS3/WiiU versions are going to look and/or run like shit and be as lifeless as GTAOnline is.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Really looking forward to this for the PS4. It's probably the first game I'll put in my new console.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Ubisoft revises Watch Dog's PC specs (even more demanding ones, 6GB RAM minimum) - NeoGAF

MINIMUM:
Supported OS: Windows Vista SP2 64bit, Windows 7 SP1 64bit, Windows 8 64bit
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 @ 2.66Ghz or AMD Phenom II X4 940 @ 3.0Ghz
RAM: 6 GB
Video Card: 1024 VRAM DirectX 11 with Shader Model 5.0 (see supported list)
Sound Card: DirectX 9 compatible Sound Card
This product supports 64-bit operating systems ONLY

RECOMMENDED:
Processor: Core i7 3770 @ 3.5Ghz or AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0Ghz
RAM: 8 GB
Video Card: 2048 VRAM DirectX 11 with Shader Model 5.0 or higher (see supported list)
Sound Card: Surround Sound 5.1 capable sound card

Supported Video Cards at Time of Release:
nVidia GeForce GTX460 or better, GT500, GT600, GT700 series;
AMD Radeon HD5850 or better, HD6000, HD7000, R7 and R9 series
Intel? IrisT Pro HD 5200

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Hmm... I'm getting this for the PS4, but maybe it's also worth getting for the PC. But then again, I didn't buy Skyrim for the PC, just PS3, so maybe not.