Watch Dogs

Sean_sl

shitlord
Have any games required a 64bit OS before now?
Something might have, but I do not remember any games of note requiring one. I wonder if people will make any sort of fuss over this. I don't think it's a big deal, but it would not surprise me if someone made an issue of it.

Zodiac

Lord Nagafen Raider
Since the new consoles have 8GB of ram maybe 64bit will be the norm going forward since the devs will expect the larger memory space to work with.

Zodiac

Lord Nagafen Raider
Wow and I didn't realize that this game was also coming to PS3/XB360. If those are the PC requirements I can't imagine how much worse the PS3/XB360 port is going to look.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Since the new consoles have 8GB of ram maybe 64bit will be the norm going forward since the devs will expect the larger memory space to work with.
Hopefully. That's one of the biggest, if not the biggest, benefits of the new hardware. That 512mb ram pool crippled the fuck out of game and engine design.

Do note though that the Xbone's game specific ram is limited to 5GB and the PS4's is limited to 5.5-6GB. I'd guess that Minimum reqs on newer PC games will probably be 6GB with 8GB being Recommended.

Hopefully we also see a lot morerealusage of high core count CPUs like the i7 and there's less potential being wasted.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
This not being designed natively for the new gen consoles kind of puts me off to it. That gameplay video looks pretty cool though.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Wow and I didn't realize that this game was also coming to PS3/XB360. If those are the PC requirements I can't imagine how much worse the PS3/XB360 port is going to look.
I believe they haven't even shown a single picture of it yet. I'm sure they look pretty bad in comparison and have a very low npc/vehicle/object count. Rockstar worked some extreme voodoo to get GTA5 looking as good as it does on the X360/PS3 and I doubt that Ubisoft put in anywhere near the amount of work that they did.

Sean_sl

shitlord
This not being designed natively for the new gen consoles kind of puts me off to it. That gameplay video looks pretty cool though.
I'd be more worried about that if it had the typical minimum specs of a X360/PS3 port. Imo the released PC specs are pretty telling and it gives me faith that they've put a lot of work into the higher end versions.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Those requirements are steep. I just upgraded my PC in early 2013 and the recommended requirements are better than my AMD FX-4100 (3.6GHz quad-core). I'm sure it won't be a problem, but maybe I'm surprised at the jump in PC specs.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, those are the first specs that have made me really feel it's time to upgrade. I built my PC back in 2011 though, so it was getting there anyway. I'll probably snag this for PS4, though.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Apparently the specs have once again been taken down from whatever website reported them.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Supposed this video is taken from the current gen but ubisoft have not said otherwise.

rrr_img_45629.jpg

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Huge upset. Really looking forward to this one... Oh well, it'll give me a chance to finish up some other games first.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
If you ordered the bundle on Amazon, you still get the system at release, but the game will be delayed.

Fadaar

That guy
Well fuck, it was the only game I had planned on getting at launch. Still keeping my pre-ordered PS4 if all else fails might flip it for a profit...

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Amazon just sent me an update on the delivery of this.

They have it marked down for June 30th. That could very well just be a placeholder date, but it may be a realistic projection also. I just don't know.

That's disappointing.