Watch Dogs

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Its definitely better than PS3 quality though which most are quoting PC Watch Dogs at. "Ultra" if it's even better is moot if no one can run it playably.

That's my point. Extreme hardware requirement AND FPS issues sound to be making it a sub par experience.

Zodiac

Lord Nagafen Raider
Its definitely better than PS3 quality though which most are quoting PC Watch Dogs at. "Ultra" if it's even better is moot if no one can run it playably.

That's my point. Extreme hardware requirement AND FPS issues sound to be making it a sub par experience.
It only has high hardware requirements because ubisoft sucks dick.

Vorph

I ran it just fine with everything maxed except textures on high because I only have 2GB VRAM.

The "sub par experience" was the game itself.

Malcolm_sl

shitlord
Anyone notice that when you initiate a hack on anther player that if you get noticed before 100% that you lose rep, but if you get invaded and discover them (not even knocking them down or killing them) then you get at least 200 rep. There does not seem to be a lot of incentive to initiate a hack when even if you get most of the data. I admit I have not played a lot of of multiplayer though.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
yMDWWNb.png

Devlin

Golden Squire
I've played quite a lot since release and to be honest I can't find much fault with the game, it has an absolute shitload of content and doesn't rely on the usual bullshit "find all meaningless pick-ups that mean absolutely nothing" crap that most sandbox games rely on.

The different investigation side quests are well done, if people find it boring then I guess it's just not for you but personally I think they've done an amazing job.

Vaclav

I agree the game, besides the fucking drinking bullshit minigame is a great game. Not A+ or anything, but a solid B title worthy of 85-90% ratings from metacritic (note: if that's where it lands, coincidental, just quoting my opinion on WHERE it should be)

colossalFISH

Silver Knight of the Realm
I just beat the drinking game. Kinda funny how some shitty drinking mini game is the hardest thing in this game. I like this game though. My one complaint is you get skill points way to fucking much. I got a shitload doing online hacking/tailing whilst knocking out the MP trophies so i don't know if that was the reason or if you get them in abundance in the SP alone aswell.

Vaclav

I'm sitting on the stupid drinking trophy here, I can't stand it enough as it stands - hopefully it gets patched.

Vorph

I've played quite a lot since release and to be honest I can't find much fault with the game, it has an absolute shitload of content and doesn't rely on the usual bullshit "find all meaningless pick-ups that mean absolutely nothing" crap that most sandbox games rely on.

The different investigation side quests are well done, if people find it boring then I guess it's just not for you but personally I think they've done an amazing job.
Eh, I'd say it's one of the shorter sandbox-style games I've played. Acts I and II are decent length--especially if you do all the available side quests right at the start--but then you suddenly realize you aren't like 40-50% done. It's more like 75% done at that point. It also suffers from the same bullshit that Saints Row 3 pulled, in which they recycle a bunch of stupid mini-game content for re-use as main story missions. That's the laziest shit ever.

My review would be more like a 5, maybe a 6 if I was feeling really generous. The game is just as flawed as the original Assassin's Creed was. I was willing to forgive that in 2007, but not in 2014 when the same studio has made games like AC2, AC4, SC: Blacklist, Far Cry 3, etc. in the meantime.

Devlin

Golden Squire
Out of the games you listed I only enjoyed Far Cry 3, the Assassins Creed franchise bores me shitless.

So you went through all the gang hideouts, criminal convoys, fixer jobs, privacy invasions, people trafficking, qr codes, missing persons, burner phones and weapons trade and didn't feel there was enough to do?

I found GTA5 incredibly short by comparison, don't get me wrong I loved it but was very disappointed with it's length.

Vorph

I did all the story-ish stuff like weapons trade, human trafficking, burner phones, and missing persons. I did the rest until the final weapon/vehicle unlocked and then stopped. Fixer jobs and convoys weren't fun at all, and the entire concept of the gang hideout was pants-on-head retarded. I even did the online shit to unlock the stuff that carried over to the single player (except races, could never get them to start). Finished the game at 75% completion and had no desire to do anything more. Overall that put the game about 15 hours shorter than my [offline] time in GTA V.

Funny that you mention FC3 though; that's the only game I listed that I didn't really like. The first island was cool enough, but by the time I got to the second one the story had gone full retard and I was really sick of collecting all the shit on the map, so I just plowed through to the end. So in the end, maybe Watch Dogs wasn't so different from it after all. :p

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I did all the story-ish stuff like weapons trade, human trafficking, burner phones, and missing persons. I did the rest until the final weapon/vehicle unlocked and then stopped. Fixer jobs and convoys weren't fun at all, and the entire concept of the gang hideout was pants-on-head retarded. I even did the online shit to unlock the stuff that carried over to the single player (except races, could never get them to start). Finished the game at 75% completion and had no desire to do anything more. Overall that put the game about 15 hours shorter than my [offline] time in GTA V.

Funny that you mention FC3 though; that's the only game I listed that I didn't really like. The first island was cool enough, but by the time I got to the second one the story had gone full retard and I was really sick of collecting all the shit on the map, so I just plowed through to the end. So in the end, maybe Watch Dogs wasn't so different from it after all. :p
Convoyes get more amusing with large applications of grenade launchers but otherwise ya I would not worry about completionist stuff enough to mess with them.

Caliane

yeah. I can't believe more people aren't flipping out about that.

Too busy with #womenaretoohardtoanimate, horseshit.

#gamejournalismlol

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I wonder if the speculation is true that Sony/MS told Ubisoft to gut that stuff out of the PC version so they could try and champion their consoles as "graphically equal to gaming PCs"

Caliane

Not likely.

More likely its just them making the choice to sandbag PC, in hopes of not sandbagging console versions.
Bugtesting, etc all the higher end PC is extra costs, that they could avoid simply by removing it all.

Watchdogs is even on WiiU remember.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Not likely.

More likely its just them making the choice to sandbag PC, in hopes of not sandbagging console versions.
Bugtesting, etc all the higher end PC is extra costs, that they could avoid simply by removing it all.

Watchdogs is even on WiiU remember.
Most of these things just appear to be turning on/off engine variables or increasing integar values. I'm not sure if it would save that much more in terms of bug testing. Did they write their own engine for Watch Dogs on PC or did they use an off the shelf?