Watchmen

spronk

FPS noob
HBO Announces Cast for 'Watchmen'

A new report from the Hollywood Reporter reveals that Regina King, Tim Blake Nelson, and Don Johnson have joined the cast of the new series, being helmed by The Leftovers and Lost showrunner Damon Lindelof.
Louis Gossett Jr., Adelaide Clemens, and Andrew Howard were also announced as part of the cast.

Its also an original story not an adaption of the 12 series comic and its being run by Damon Lindelof (Lost, Leftovers) so...

• 2Barf
  • 1EyeRoll
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 3 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
This is gonna' be bad.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Found a picture of one of the actors dressed in their watchmen garb

Alex-Reid.jpg

• 3Barf
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I would watch the shit out of a Saga series on HBO. That would also fulfill Mist's dream of a space opera (a little).

Oh shit, I want to see Saga the TV Series.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fedor

<Banned>
Watchmen TV series announces cast lineup as Lindelof reassures fans

“[Watchmen] was specific to the Eighties of Reagan and Thatcher and Gorbachv,” he wrote. “Ours needs to resonate with the frequency of Trump and May and Putin and the horse that he rides around on, shirtless.”

“In [our writers’] room, Hetero White Men like myself are in the minority,” Lindelof wrote in his open letter, “and as Watchmen is (incorrectly) assumed to be solely our domain, understanding its potential through the perspectives of women, people of color and the LGBTQ community has been as eye-opening as it has been exhilarating. We’ve committed to doing the same in front of and behind the camera. And every single person involved with this show absolutely adores Watchmen.”

MCyXGKe.png

• 2EyeRoll
  • 2Picard
  • 2Barf
Reactions: 6 users

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
HBO Announces Cast for 'Watchmen'

A new report from the Hollywood Reporter reveals that Regina King, Tim Blake Nelson, and Don Johnson have joined the cast of the new series, being helmed by The Leftovers and Lost showrunner Damon Lindelof.
Louis Gossett Jr., Adelaide Clemens, and Andrew Howard were also announced as part of the cast.

Its also an original story not an adaption of the 12 series comic and its being run by Damon Lindelof (Lost, Leftovers) so...
Don Johnson and LG Jr.? What the fuck is this? 1985?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
35ad70c94a05ea501d5861f779e92c9b.png

gee i wonder what they mean by "ethnic", with a fucking name like Panda

• 1Like

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Who are they appealing to? I wonder if this equality works elsewhere.

Who wants to be the first gay Jewish black woman to play Hitler? We will need an African-Cossack for Stalin too.

• 1Worf

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Jeremy Irons good. Damon Lindelof bad. So confused.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Is this the one that doesn't actually have anything to do with the DC Watchmen comic/movie?

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yes,

This is the story that takes us through the exciting times of watch repairmen.

" He hunkered down at his desk. He had been working at getting the spring to attach at just the right moment. Suddenly with a click, the spring set into its proper place. He raised up from the magnifying glass with a grin on his face. It had taken hours but the watch was finally ready. He wound the timer and listened as the watch made the all too familiar ticking noise. This was no ordinary watch, for this watch belonged to a very special client. Not a powerful or famous client but a client that had caught the watch repairmen's eye. She would come in once a week to discuss all sorts of occasions around life. Her watch had fallen onto the floor as she stepped out of the tub. For a brief moment, the watchman imagined how her body looked dripping with water...."

Stayed tuned to next week for the continuation of the exciting times of....The Watchmen.

Goonsquad Officer
is that list of characters that are all cops legit? if so I get that they want to SJW and TDS the whole series over, but why are they all cops instead of concerned citizen-masked-vigilantee per the concept?

also why arn't they literally making the setting be the comic set in the alternate-history-80's where Dr Manhatten fixed the world etc etc etc.

Fedor

<Banned>
Dave Gibbons on the Harvey Hall of Fame and the continuing legacy of 'Watchmen'

I do know a little about it. I’ve had conversations with Damon, and I’ve read the screenplay for the pilot. I don’t think it’s my place to say too much about it, other than I found Damon’s approach to be really refreshing and exciting and unexpected. I don’t think it’s gonna be what people think it’s going to be. It certainly wasn’t what I imagined it to be. I think it’s extremely fresh. I’m really looking forward to seeing it on the screen.

I’ve been resistant to the comic book prequels and sequels, but what Damon’s doing is not that at all, it’s very far away from that. While it’s very reverential and true to the source material (by which I mean the Watchmen graphic novel that Alan and I did), it’s not retreading the same ground, it’s not a reinterpretation of it. It approaches it in a completely unexpected way.