Watchmen

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
HBO has made Watchmen free this weekend. Binge away if you haven't seen it yet!

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I made it to episode four before I decided the sheer amount of Leftist propaganda was just too much.

While the leftist/sjw shit is extreme early on, the overall season is good. At this point you have already paid the price, so finish it and at least enjoy the second half which is really pretty good. It does sort of all make sense of the early deluge.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Uh, clearly they're trying to draw attention to the Tulsa massacre. Couldn't be more obvious.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
batm.jpg

• 1Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I would continue to watch the series but I understand the reasoning behind not continuing it.

It does seem like they put in elements with some idea of a season 2 with certain scenes. The largest example would have to be the child with the telekinetic ability. There was no reason to show that in Season 1. I do not think it was some sort of advanced toy. Its is interesting that no conversation around the ability is brought up.

Having Angela become a God(Which to be honest, they never showed) would certainly present with its own problems. I think because she had children, she might be a little more anchored to human life. That could change over 50-100 years when she watched all the people she knew get older, but initially I think she would have been more grounded. There are plenty of directions that could have been explored. She is a God, so she could just bring Jon back as an example similiar to how Jon created life on Europa. That would have also explained why Jon gave his life up so willingly. Jon would have foreseen that outcome.

Great Show. I enjoyed it.

• 1Like

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Did they ever explain the guy in the costume that lube slides into the sewer? I don't remember it being resolved

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Finally watching this. Two episodes left.

So I thought episodes 1-5 were a masterclass in world building and intrigue. It really felt like he was carrying the Watchmen satire and applying it to a liberal utopia. Then episode 6 and 7 happened. I’ll finish it, but I’m expecting a typical Lindelof nosedive.

The twist of Hooded Justice being a black man wearing white face was great. The costume made sense and he was in an era when real racism was a major issue. They had been showing scenes talking him up as a chiseled white gay dude. That would have been an amazing twist to have him be a black family man instead. A good twist on how current Hollywood will insert LGBT bullshit when it has nothing to do with the story while also somewhat sending up casting characters as different races.

Then you had this black guy that had not shown one inkling of interest in men banging the rich fag in the ass and it’s where the show jumped the shark and literally did LGBT for LGBT’s sake. Terrible.

Then, one reason Rorschach disparages the minutemen in his monologues is that they do have a fair bit of liberals in their ranks. So you’re telling me these heroes don’t want to fight the goddamn Ku Klux Fucking Klan?!?

The scenes with Looking Glass In the Calvary hideout in Ep5 implies more nuance. Then in Ep 7 you get the diabolical evil plan and villain revealed... So it’s literally the liberal fantasy of the “I’m not a racist” racist white man saying that the “50’s were better.” I’m fucking shocked he didn’t look at the screen, put on a red hat, and say “this is MAGA country” while winking.

Now, Sister Night/Angela is obviously a tough ass woman. Worthy of respect despite some race baiting. But you’re telling me that the most powerful being in the universe who has shown a clear penchant for chasing hot white jailbait ass is suddenly gonna lobotomies himself for a middling attractive 40 something year old woman. And of course she’s black because I’m sure Manhattan is going to give some speech on her being empowered in Ep8 when Laurie finds out...

Maybe I’ll be wrong and then last two episodes I watch tonight subvert expectations in this case. As of now, this turned into another shitty liberal “all white men are bad” and systemic racism circle jerk. Exactly as I expected.

• 1Salty

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Yuppp. This was a leftist wet dream. Jesus. Worst last 4 episodes I’ve seen of TV. This made game of thrones tolerable.

Adebisi Adebisi damnit man. I trusted you.

Edit: been a few years since I read the comic. Now going to have to break it out and read it again.

Last edited:
  • 1Picard
  • 1Garbage

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
Finally watching this. Two episodes left.

So I thought episodes 1-5 were a masterclass in world building and intrigue. It really felt like he was carrying the Watchmen satire and applying it to a liberal utopia. Then episode 6 and 7 happened. I’ll finish it, but I’m expecting a typical Lindelof nosedive.

Brilliant observation! It is precisely why I avoid Lindelof projects. Noisy, cluttered, simplistic resolutions to (usually well established) complex characters and plots. That guy f-d Star Trek and all his projects are high-budget, glitzy, high-ideas lobotomized by his impatience toward closure and his overall stupidity.

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member