Watchmen

Fadaar

That guy
I've been purposely not watching the previews. It's been a real breath of fresh air to go into something completely blind every week since it's original content. I do somewhat echo the sentiment of how/what are they going to wrap up in 3 episodes? Assuming it's going to focus on Trieu and Veidt for at least two episodes with an appearance by Dr Manhattan to... parlay? with Veidt. Or something along those lines.

Also really hoping our boy Looking Glass is alright, end of episode 4 didn't look so great for him. I'm going with the GoT line of thinking where if it isn't explicitly shown on screen, a person isn't dead yet.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I've also been skipping the previews. Just a great show that hasn't failed to deliver yet. Even tho this season is self contained I'm wanting a second already.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
They didn't use that wording but said something along the lines of the show was written as a single season.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Think someone said it before, they could be doing a True Detective type of thing. Going to a different city could certainly work.

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
I told my wife (who grew up in England) that it was a shame she wasn't a kid in the 80's because she cannot appreciate how fucking awesome this show is. I went from wondering out loud WTF did I just watch on the 1st episode to looking forward to it every week. Anyone with even a passing idea of what the comic was about should watch this fo sho.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Trent Reznor is releasing the soundtrack on vinyl in 3 volumes. This is volume 2

• 1Like

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Re-watching this weekend's episode without having drank a whole 6 pack of Sculpin beforehand and I think I may be mistaken. It's one of the best hours of TV I've seen in maybe years. The reimagining of what it means to use the mask and why, the Cyclops/KKK stuff that gets waylaid for an ad, the differing levels of violence between the TV show and real life, the wife saying the mask solved nothing but made it worse. It's just a fucking chef's kiss of awesomeness. Wow. They're just leaving it all on the table, there's no holding back.

How could you have a second season after this? What are you topping this with? Maybe someone else can come up with another story but Lindelof is dealing fire here and just let him go out on a high before he fucks it up.

Edit: Maloch the Malificant is actually in the comic for gods sake....

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Could maybe have a second season centered on (new character like this season) and Night Owl (maybe Blake, maybe they have kid(s)?), fallout from however this season ends, or just another standalone from a particular time frame.

But yeah, this has been great TV. Hope the final 3 are just as good.

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
Regina during the lynching scene was really good. HJ always looked like a ghost, a dark hooded klansman with a rope around his neck.

The Bass Reeves/Krypton/Lone Ranger stuff was neatly executed and shit. The amount of research in Watchmen is impressive.

• 1Like

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
If you're gonna retcon a story, this is how you do it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Still on the tentative "watch when it's done if people say it's good". No trust at all in Lindelof, though.

Hosix

All labs matter!
Wtf did I just watch.

I am lost at the elephant? Or is that just because?

The Dr Manhattan thing was a nice touch.