Watchmen

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Ok. If watching with the wife who has neither read nor seen the adaptation, will she be able to catch up in series or good idea to plow her through it?

I haven't read any comic books (outside of picking up a few Spawn comics to draw from, as a kid), but I have seen the Watchmen movie. I really like the movie, but I seem to the the odd man out, on this show.

After watching 6 episodes, I still had a difficult time caring about anything happening in the show. I think it was due to the fact that I didn't know anything from the comics, which in turn made it hard to find any of the characters sympathetic, and I couldn't find anyone to identify with, so I couldn't get emotionally involved enough to care. I even started fast forwarding though some of the Hooded Justice shit because it was putting me to sleep.

I also felt the same way about The Leftovers and only made it through 6 episodes before giving up on it, so maybe it's something about Lindelof's writing.

But I kept watching and with episode 7, finally started to gain some interest in where it is going. So, now, it looks like it might pay off, in the end, and be more enjoyable a second time through (if it finishes strong).

Last edited:

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Are they going to come back to the silver slime guy who squeezed into the sewer??

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Listened to this more than a few times today.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
we won't know until 2 more weeks whether they stick the landing or not but so far its really good. so good that i'm forced to admit that maybe Lindelof isn't a giant fuck bag for Lost, and after Watchmen ends I will probably go watch The Leftovers which everyone always says is good but I ignored because Lindelof made it

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
we won't know until 2 more weeks whether they stick the landing or not but so far its really good. so good that i'm forced to admit that maybe Lindelof isn't a giant fuck bag for Lost, and after Watchmen ends I will probably go watch The Leftovers which everyone always says is good but I ignored because Lindelof made it

If you do watch The Leftovers, just know that the mystery of the Sudden Departure is not the point of the show, and don't expect it to be explained.

• 1Rustled
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 1 users

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Alright. I loved the comic and I loved the director’s cut version Snyder put out.

Is this really good or is it just “white men bad?”

I’ve avoided it because I figured they were retconning Rorschach into a racist rather than a right wing moral absolutist.

Wait til it's over and see the reactions. It's still Lindelof.

The Leftovers is a waste of time.

• 2Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I love this show and I absolulety hate Lindelof. Maybe he learned from L O S T and Prometheus (The Leftovers isn't bad deal with it).

• 1Salty

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
In a way Lost, the Leftovers and Watchman have the same theme for Lindelof in that it's just focused on people dealing with "loss". He's almost getting to be an auteur of this medium, love him or hate him.

The Leftovers is actually really fucking good but as already noted by Rengak Rengak there are no explanations for what happened as that's not the point of the show after the first season.

• 1Like

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Yeah, another great episode I thought.

Not sure how they are going to cram it all next week though.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Excellent as usual.

There is after credits scene in case anyone missed it.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Something that doesn't make sense to me is why does Dr Manhattan fall in love with her of all people? Seems random as fuck.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Jeremy Irons has to be the actor who most thoroughly enjoys being an actor.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users