Triggered Happy
<Donors Crew>
5d 5h 16m
Reactions
674 54 0 0
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Watership Down

First aired: 2017-01-01

Cast: Freddie Fox, Miles Jupp, Ben Kingsley, Daniel Rigby, Gemma Arterton, John Boyega, Mackenzie Crook, Nicholas Hoult, Daniel Kaluuya, James McAvoy, Craig Parkinson

Overview: Fleeing their doomed warren, a group of rabbits struggle to find and defend a new home.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
<Donors Crew>
5d 5h 16m
Reactions
674 54 0 0
This film is due to Netflix.

We should discuss, it made me cry as a child , hurt, love, spectrum of emotions. Beautiful film.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
<Donors Crew>
5d 5h 16m
Reactions
674 54 0 0
Brutal as fuck.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
<Donors Crew>
5d 5h 16m
Reactions
674 54 0 0
Can a mod edit to the tmdb page? Yes, am spastic.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Moderators>
7d 10h 8m
Reactions
1,145 77 0 0
Can a mod edit to the tmdb page? Yes, am spastic.
There's something up with the TMDB link for it. There's a poster for the show but it's broken here. Will check with the boss as to how to properly fix it.

Malakriss

Blackwing Lair Raider
11d 9h 34m
Reactions
1,677 146 0 0
I strongly advise browsing r/Rabbits for a week leading up to watching this, for maximum effect.

OU Ariakas

Get it ALL together and put it in a backpack
<Donors Crew>
6d 6h 28m
Reactions
3,394 151 0 0
There is no way a new version can match the brutality and awesomeness of both the movie and the book. No one in 2018 has those kind of balls.

Tortfeasor

Knight of the Realm
1d 1h 55m
Reactions
89 8 0 0
I saw this movie on a shelf in a Blockbuster when I was a kid and then rented it because I had remembered reading an excerpt of the book in one of my English classes. Holy shit. The fact that it's an animated slasher film coupled with the fact that I got away with watching something I KNOW I would not have been allowed to made it one of the most memorable movie experiences I have ever had.

Bonch

<Donors Crew>
1d 4h 48m
Reactions
50 11 0 0
Love this movie and love the book. My body is prepared.

OU Ariakas

<Donors Crew>
6d 6h 28m
Reactions
3,394 151 0 0
Mom accidentally rented it for us as kids. Nothing crazier than the Lord of Rabbits (El Ahrair-ah?) being killed and his blood creating all rabbits in the first five minutes.

Gask

Lord Nagafen Raider
5d 17h 37m
Reactions
979 171 0 0
I first watched the movie in a grade school class and I can still remember walking out and talking with a friend about how awesome and bloody it was. They don't make children's cartoons like they used to.

Chukzombi

Slayer of Kerafyrm
16d 3h 17m
Reactions
56,017 3,848 0 0
if you guys liked the original movie, you should also read the book, its much darker. Richard Adams doesnt fuck around. i also read his other book, Shardik about a gigantic wild bear that every human faction tried to use his existence to further their own purposes. its a rather amazing book that gives insight to how modern politics today works.
Watership Down was an amazing cartoon, i saw it on HBO when i was 9ish. if you werent prepared it could fuck you up.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
<Donors Crew>
5d 5h 16m
Reactions
674 54 0 0
I read the book as a youngster - he also wrote The Plague Dogs and that was also turned into an animated film in 82, it's as dark or darker than Watership Down. It would cause total outrage if it were released today. Still a very good film as a companion piece if you never saw it before.

This Remake of Watership Down looks to have a stellar British voice cast including James McAvoy, Ben Kingsley, Roy Kennear and will be a 4 hour mini-series co-produced by Netflix and the BBC. Cost £20 million so... Cause it's the BBC we will probably see a very toned down version of the original.

Last edited:

Chukzombi

Slayer of Kerafyrm
16d 3h 17m
Reactions
56,017 3,848 0 0
I read the book as a youngster - he also wrote The Plague Dogs and that was also turned into an animated film in 82, it's as dark or darker than Watership Down. It would cause total outrage if it were released today. Still a very good film as a companion piece if you never saw it before.

This Remake of Watership Down looks to have a stellar British voice cast including James McAvoy, Ben Kingsley, Roy Kennear and will be a 4 hour mini-series co-produced by Netflix and the BBC. Cost £20 million so... Cause it's the BBC we will probably see a very toned down version of the original.
i think i tried watching plague dogs, but it looked too fucked up. this was a long time ago. maybe i'll give it another go. and of course they dont take on socially offensive topics anymore unless its to promote them. too many snowflakes.

Lanx

<Donors Crew>
15d 2h 27m
Reactions
13,080 1,901 0 0
i think i tried watching plague dogs, but it looked too fucked up. this was a long time ago. maybe i'll give it another go. and of course they dont take on socially offensive topics anymore unless its to promote them. too many snowflakes.
If you can watch Late 80's Jap anime gore, you can watch anything

This song is bangin too!

OU Ariakas

<Donors Crew>
6d 6h 28m
Reactions
3,394 151 0 0
This is from a while ago, but dashes any hopes I have/had for this.

BBC remake Watership Down with less violence to avoid 'scarring' children...

From the article said:
The show’s executive producer told the Telegraph the 2017 version will not just tone down the levels of on-screen violence to make it more appropriate for children, but give a boost to its female characters.
Why not go ahead and make a shitty 2nd part instead of ruining the original? I have a feeling that it is going to be praised in the media, well received by those who like 'equality' and 'abhor violence' but everyone else will still show their kids the original because it is a great story and does not coddle the viewer (reader) about the savagery of nature.

Last edited:

dizzie

Triggered Happy
<Donors Crew>
5d 5h 16m
Reactions
674 54 0 0
Why dumb this down? Why even take a project like this if you won't be true to the book? Yeah, sure it's brutal and makes you feel sad, isn't that the point?

I don't have kids but I made sure I fucked up my god childrens' life by making em watch this. It's a rite of passage like Bambi, oh by the way - stuff dies and we are mortal.

Welcome to the world, it's brutal...

Soon as I saw BBC my heart sank as I knew it'd be a censored SJW wankfest.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database