Watership Down

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
they've had a few great choices. This just ain't one of them.

On paper I'm sure it looks good. A family friendly classic.

I'd blame the animators and writers before netflix.

Family Friendly and Watership Down should not be anywhere near each other in the planning of this. Then again, with the art budget they have for this, the violence may come across as comically bad. This is why remakes are bad kids.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
what really sucks is they had the opportunity to update the original with modern day technology/CGI. instead, they SJW-down the story and cheap out on the animation.

hard pass

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I'm probably going to be let down by this but I love the book enough that I'm still excited after that trailer. Hoping I can get used to the animation.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

dizzie

Triggered Happy
For something that has been in development for 4-5 years or thereabouts this looks like rubbish. I was so hoping that they wouldn't screw it up when Netflix announced, then I saw BBC and knew it'd be wank.

Someone said it already, they had a golden opportunity to do something amazing with this and it seems they have blown it.

That said, I'll still watch it.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Family Friendly and Watership Down should not be anywhere near each other in the planning of this. Then again, with the art budget they have for this, the violence may come across as comically bad. This is why remakes are bad kids.
just a reminder, this was the original trailer for WS.
kids were tougher 40 years ago

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

iannis

Musty Nester
I watched it as a kid. Claustrophobic bunny gave me nightmares. The bunny attacking the dog was just awesome.

It's good for kids. Sometimes you have to scare those little fuckers.

Makes them feel grown up, and you get to control the process.

• 1Worf

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
I watched it as a kid. Claustrophobic bunny gave me nightmares. The bunny attacking the dog was just awesome.

It's good for kids. Sometimes you have to scare those little fuckers.

Makes them feel grown up, and you get to control the process.

Its important to scare children with books and films. You should be very afraid of Flying Monkeys and Kid Catchers as a child. You need to be warned and prepared for that shit when it comes a knocking.

49148979731938ab2007ae4ee4f085fe.jpg

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Secret of Nimh. Owl was pretty creepy as a 7 year old.

• 3Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Secret of Nimh. Owl was pretty creepy as a 7 year old.

Bizarrely based on a true story

Like 98% embellishment obviously but NIMH was a real research facility.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Just got around to watching this. I actually really enjoyed it, tho perhaps that's because of how dear the book is to me. The animation is terrible, and they didn't have nearly enough of the rabbit-religion stuff, but otherwise I thought it was really good.