WCW: Do you think Kevin nash fucked over WCW so bad?

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
Those two always cut some of the best promos ever.

Edit: In reference to Austin and The Rock.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The people in charge of WCW were idiots.
I know I've talked about OSW Review before in this thread but here is their review of the episode of WCW Thunder where David Arquette wins the World Heavyweight Championship. This is how bad WCW got before it was finally killed -

The Nozz_sl

shitlord
To his credit, Arquette, being a big fan of prowrestling,beggedWCW to not put the title on him because he knew what a huge mistake it would be.

He went on to donate the money he made for his appearances with WCW to wrestlers/families of wrestlers who died/were injured around this point in time; like Owen Hart, Droz, etc.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I don't understand how they were losing so much money. They were probably the number one show on Monday nights. Was it just a matter of paying too many big named stars? Bah. too bad. Was a great couple year run they had.

The Nozz_sl

shitlord
I don't understand how they were losing so much money. They were probably the number one show on Monday nights. Was it just a matter of paying too many big named stars? Bah. too bad. Was a great couple year run they had.
Yeah doesnt matter if they made a lot of money: they were simply spending far too much.

A good example was how for awhile, they would literally fly the entire roster with them wherever they went. Like, if they only needed about 30 wrestlers for the show, they would still pay to transport all 100 wrestlers to the arena.

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
AOL Timewarner was still paying guys even after Vince McMahon bought WCW. That's just another example of their bad contracts.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Bret Hart's contract, for example, was for 2.5 million dollars per year and they did nothing with him. They spentcrazyamounts of money when they were riding high.

To his credit, Arquette, being a big fan of prowrestling,beggedWCW to not put the title on him because he knew what a huge mistake it would be.
Yep. The OSW guys don't trash him or anything in their review and say the exact same thing - Arquette thought it was a shit idea and knew everyone would hate it but was begged to do it to help the company and help the film.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
AOL Timewarner was still paying guys even after Vince McMahon bought WCW. That's just another example of their bad contracts.
I remember hearing a shoot interview with Nash after Vince bought WCW and was asking some of the guys to be a part of Raw or whatever, those guys all had contracts that would literally let them sit at home and get paid for the next year or so. Nash said Vince couldn't afford all of the money those contracts were paying, so in order to go back and wrestle they'd have to take only half. He said Dallas Page and a few others did it and more power to them, but he sat home and got paid the full amount.