We the People.

Titan_Atlas

Deus Vult
<Banned>
We have alot of great discussion going on about our world. If we could form a consensus to build on to get America back on track, what would it be? Let's assume a major financial meltdown and proxy wars the destabilization might lead to.

I propose a constitutional republic. Free trade, minimal government, low taxes, with a military used to expand borders and do public works.

Mono cultural with western morality taught throughout life.

Religious tolerance, practiced as such: religious centers that all religions must worship together side by side. Owned by the government, free of charge. No preachers, no money controlled by the religions themselves. Separation of church and state.

Biological understanding of ethnicity taught and pushed. There is no race, wipe the practice of identifying that way off the face of this earth.

A better push to understand human morality and hold people socially responsible through verbal ostracism for doing things against the collective morality. No celebration of the individual but instead a renewed enthusiasm for the betterment of humanity, western culture, and civic duty.

Oh and land ownership for a set military commitment of 10-15 years.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The new amod shit test question is if they would rickshaw this thread.

• 2Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Don't build slums.
Have a good education system.
Political and financial corruption punishable by complete asset forfeiture at a minimum, death at a maximum.

I think the rest would sort itself out.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Don't build slums.
Political and financial corruption punishable by complete asset forfeiture at a minimum, death at a maximum.

"Don't build slums" = don't build affordable housing
"Have a good education system" = exclude the poor and uncultured

Mist = man of the people indeed

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Don't build slums.

So basically you want to exterminate black people

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Religious tolerance, practiced as such: religious centers that all religions must worship together side by side. Owned by the government, free of charge. No preachers, no money controlled by the religions themselves. Separation of church and state.
I dont think you understand this phrase you're using.

• 2Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Religious centers owned by the government and with rules mandated by the government?

Yeah, thats 180° the polar opposite of separation of church and state. This is self evident.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Titan_Atlas

Deus Vult
<Banned>
If you are mandating that religions get along by law you are not separating church and state.

You aren't mandating it. You are taking away the power they weild. By taking away the financing of the religion you take away the ability to use that money to buy influence. The intent of separation of church and state was to keep them from using power to effect policy. Something that happened throughout Europe. Just because the state owns a building, say such as a community center doesn't mean the community center dictates policy. No more tax exemptions for religions. No more private churches. You can practice any religion you want within your home or if it's community and friendships you want then go to the community center church to forge those friendships. State institutions will not indoctrinate our children with it though.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I don't know about creating the perfect government, but the one issue that nobody really talks about that would make me a single-issue voter is a dramatic increase in research. Let's min/max and rush tech, people.

• 2Like

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
You aren't mandating it. You are taking away the power they weild. By taking away the financing of the religion you take away the ability to use that money to buy influence. The intent of separation of church and state was to keep them from using power to effect policy. Something that happened throughout Europe. Just because the state owns a building, say such as a community center doesn't mean the community center dictates policy. No more tax exemptions for religions. No more private churches. You can practice any religion you want within your home or if it's community and friendships you want then go to the community center church to forge those friendships. State institutions will boy indoctrinate our children with it though.
I said nothing about owning the building but MANDATING that they get along is not separation of church and state.

• 1Like

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Having your government owning the religious center is surely not the definition of separation.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
You aren't mandating it. You are taking away the power they weild. By taking away the financing of the religion you take away the ability to use that money to buy influence. The intent of separation of church and state was to keep them from using power to effect policy. Something that happened throughout Europe. Just because the state owns a building, say such as a community center doesn't mean the community center dictates policy. No more tax exemptions for religions. No more private churches. You can practice any religion you want within your home or if it's community and friendships you want then go to the community center church to forge those friendships. State institutions will not indoctrinate our children with it though.
Then don't use the phrase separation of church and state when you want them physically joined.

Before this thread gets any further, given how poorly this is going, what are your political credentials?

• 1Like

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Having your government owning the religious center is surely not the definition of separation.
They own federal buildings with chapels and such on them for the military and things like that.

Owning the building is not that big of an issue. It was his statement about mandating they get along etc ...

• 1Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Titan, putting aside your direct logical contradictions, the basic problem you seem to have is you see to think separation of church and state goes one way.

Separation of church and state means the state cant tell the church what to do and the church cant tell the state what to do. You seem to view it one way; the state can dictate anything it wants to the church but the church has to STFU. Thats not separation of church and state, not even remotely.

• 1Like

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
I don't know about creating the perfect government, but the one issue that nobody really talks about that would make me a single-issue voter is a dramatic increase in research. Let's min/max and rush tech, people.

I don't get how people always ignore it, but elect Cad dictator for life and #1 issue would be taking half our blowing up brown people budget and allocating it evenly to genetic engineering, nuclear fusion, and space propulsion research. I would hire, import, and pay/care for every trained scientist on the planet with my $300B/year budget for primary human technology research.

Caring for every last cretin on the planet is a stupid and illogical choice with how we spend our resources rather than advancing us to the point where thats not an issue.

• 2Like