We the People.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I don't get how people always ignore it, but elect Cad dictator for life and #1 issue would be taking half our blowing up brown people budget and allocating it evenly to genetic engineering, nuclear fusion, and space propulsion research. I would hire, import, and pay/care for every trained scientist on the planet with my $300B/year budget for primary human technology research.

Caring for every last cretin on the planet is a stupid and illogical choice with how we spend our resources rather than advancing us to the point where thats not an issue.
We can do it even more easily. Literally shave exactly 1% off medicare, social security, and defense, then allocate those savings to research. Voila, youve just doubled the research budget, growing the research budget in one step more than its increased since the Federal government started funding research.

The fact that we dont do this is indefensible bullshit, and the fact that 99% of research scientists dont realize Democrats are no better than Republicans on this score is incredibly depressing.

I'd be very likely to vote for someone who made substantial increases in research funding like this, regardless of their other stances.

Fartbox

Trakanon Raider
Biological understanding of ethnicity taught and pushed. There is no race, wipe the practice of identifying that way off the face of this earth.

These sentences contradict each other. The problem is that people have a problem there's differences. Differences are okay, and are actually very important. It's what differentiates individuals.

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
We can do it even more easily. Literally shave exactly 1% off medicare, social security, and defense, then allocate those savings to research. Voila, youve just doubled the research budget, growing the research budget in one step more than its increased since the Federal government started funding research.

The fact that we dont do this is indefensible bullshit, and the fact that 99% of research scientists dont realize Democrats are no better than Republicans on this score is incredibly depressing.

I'd be very likely to vote for someone who made substantial increases in research funding like this, regardless of their other stances.

Why bother, when research is politicized?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
They own federal buildings with chapels and such on them for the military and things like that.

Owning the building is not that big of an issue. It was his statement about mandating they get along etc ...
The government owning a building does restrict who can set up shop on it. Does the military has a chapel and an altar for the satanic church? The government provides lodging for the clergy as a courtesy to them, and as a courtesy it can be removed at any time.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Why bother, when research is politicized?
Its not that politicized. 100% of "social science" is bullshit, and studies of gender theory as it relates to glacier movements are bullshit, but that stuffs a tiny fraction of the total. Most of the federal research funding -- like essentially all of it -- goes to actual, valid research. Moreover, ~5-10% of proposals are funded. There is a lot more scientific work to be done, and people who want to do the work, but lack of funds slows us down.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
The government owning a building does restrict who can set up shop on it. Does the military has a chapel and an altar for the satanic church? The government provides lodging for the clergy as a courtesy to them, and as a courtesy it can be removed at any time.
They do not have to be forced to work with a religion that they are not comfortable with.

5.2.1 In accordance with section 533(b) of Public Law 112-239 (Reference (e)), as amended, issue policy to ensure that no Service member may require a chaplain to perform any rite, ritual, or ceremony that is contrary to the conscience, moral principles, or religious beliefs of the chaplain.

Jalynfane

Phank 2002
What exactly are "low taxes"?

Also, Minimal government, yet Government regulated religion?

Parts of our current system are broken yes, but starting from scratch is just as bad.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Really need to lighten up them ethics and regulations that put limits on research. Did I just find a use for Cad's cretins?

Titan_Atlas

Deus Vult
<Banned>
Before this thread gets any further, given how poorly this is going, what are your political credentials?

About the same as yours, I post anonymously on an internet board. But I shouldn't be addressing you since you are clearly well credentialed at playing politics.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Oh, and I think western society should work to move society living on Austrailia off of Austrailia, and then deport low value citizens to Austrailia. It'd be like a global rickshaw.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
I don't know about creating the perfect government, but the one issue that nobody really talks about that would make me a single-issue voter is a dramatic increase in research. Let's min/max and rush tech, people.
Let's do it. Relegate sub-80 IQs to involuntary human testing in medicine.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Spending taxpayer dollars on research.
Retarded. Research into basic science and even the advanced development of so many things greatly benefits all people who pay taxes. The ROI is probably far greater than a plethora of programs funded by tax dollars.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
About the same as yours, I post anonymously on an internet board. But I shouldn't be addressing you since you are clearly well credentialed at playing politics.
Ok, that's fine. Difference between me and you is I'm not creating threads about how we can fix problems by creating a from-scratch government, and I don't want to insult you by giving you wikipedia links.

My recommendation, go take a few political science and history courses at your local community college and come back to us in a year or two.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Oh and for those of us who earn their money from research, saying "stop politicized research" is like saying, "Let's make a combustion engine without the heat"