Weather

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
I rent on condo 4th floor inland.

I also slumlord a top floor (5th) apartment and that one has me worried, but i have insurance so well see.
That works out then, I'm sure the building is "hurricane proof". Make sure to post vids .

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Ok first one is Biscayne Bay Campus Webcam.
NetCamSC Live Image

This campus serves primarily the afroamerican population, and it is nicknamed the BBC campus. It is located on the coast
Google Maps

Second is inland, where I live. This is also the evacuation center for the Keys.

NetCamXL Live Image
This is called the Maidique campus, pronounced "My dick" campus.

Google Maps

• 1Solidarity

Oldbased

> Than U
If you all are saved suddenly in the next 24 hours. With this handy high quality shitpost you now know who to thank or blame.

whatthefuck.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Euro has Irma back to making landfall at the southern tip of Florida on the latest run.

ecmwf_uv850_vort_seus_5.png

• 1Like

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
if i was in south florida, i'd head to like arkansas or mississippi or farther west, not up the coast.

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
New model data. Shifts back towards Florida a bit and more moms spaghetti on the left instead right of main track.

d1.png

Yes it says 11am but these are updated and different than the previous 4 hours. They just didn't update the time.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
if i was in south florida, i'd head to like arkansas or mississippi or farther west, not up the coast.

The southern half of MS is already on watch in case it turns and heads toward the FL panhandle. We're still full of water from Harvey. People watching it closer than most hurricanes as of late. They're waiting to see if it goes up the east coast of FL or the west coast. Ther's no place to go in the northern half of MS that you would want to go to, I'd look at TN if you are really running for more than a day or two.

Blurb on the local news at noon out of Baton Rouge that hotels are already full from people leaving Harvey and people from the pandhandle were trying to make reservations.

People paying attention way way out more than they did Andrew which landed in LA after crossing FL. Big run up to Katrina but most others have been "oh yeah a Hurricane is coming" but guess after Harvey and the thought of Katrina people are watching, not panicking yet, but watching more than in the past.

• 1Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I need all Floridians to go to the east coast this evening at 8:00pm and simultaneously blow toward the east!

• 2Worf

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
New model data. Shifts back towards Florida a bit and more moms spaghetti on the left instead right of main track.

View attachment 153103
Yes it says 11am but these are updated and different than the previous 4 hours. They just didn't update the time.
And if that one ends up being the case, there's no Cuba to act as a savior. Miami is getting fisted.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Only ever lived in FL in the panhandle, but for most of the state you only have the option to go north. That would bug the hell out of me, at least on the gulf coast you can go east, west, or north depending on where the storm is going and options you have to stay.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Just remember, the worst is the water and surge, thats what kills most people, winds you can live through.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U

Finally. I can afford airfare to go on vacation.
What are the good things to see in Miami this weekend?

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I need all Floridians to go to the east coast this evening at 8:00pm and simultaneously blow toward the east!

I've got a better idea. Set up thousands of treadmills on the east coast beaches all facing the oceans and turn em all up to the fastest they go. Hurricane won't be able to penetrate past that I bet.

Oldbased

> Than U
View attachment 153113

Yes. You can live through wind. Nothing to fear here.
I once saw straw that went through one side of a brick chimney and impale itself on the ceramic flue.
I've also pulled out shingle pieces from brick that sliced it like butter.

These are things you can normally shred and rip apart 1 handed.
Tornado damage is wholesome fun for the whole family.