Weather

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
You're only 30 minutes from me, Lend. Good luck!

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
iu

• 3Solidarity
  • 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 7 users

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Was planning to continue working until Friday, but with how much driving is involved and how many people are already leaving, cancelling work now to save the gas - a few stations are already temporarily shutdown (I'm guessing due to running out of gas) here.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
ya latest european model- and the us model- currently- have the eye either just barely or not making landfall in florida...but they have it slamming into south carolina, jet stream dips a bit more south and make the storm turn 100 miles earlier and florida would just get the outer west half of the storm...the european model has the storm heading -after landfall- towards new england..

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Saw some smug black women insulting some nice Korean ladies asking for donations for Houston victims, they were wearing shirts that said (Louisiana > Hurricane symbol). I almost had a rage stroke.

Oldbased

> Than U
I thought about driving up to MD but fuck, that is 23 hours. Too old for that nonsense.
I'm not sure I'd go all that far today. Just get on mainland and in a hotel someplace mid Florida. You should know by tomorrow morning if it is going to be a nothing burger or not.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Puerto Rico is gonna get wrecked. As if they didn't have enough problems with a failing and financially insolvent government.

Oldbased

> Than U
Hurricane force winds extends 50 miles out ( 75mph at the point roughly ) then TS 185 miles from center. Now cruising along at 16mph WNW.

Oldbased

> Than U
Puerto Rico is gonna get wrecked. As if they didn't have enough problems with a failing and financially insolvent government.
They'll get flooding. Hell they already are and it seems like they have it every month. North coast may see Cat 1 winds otherwise whole island will get TS winds and they are said to have a 3-5 foot surge which other than beach houses should be easily delt with. The danger for them is if it wobbles west or changes west before planned.
Bahamas will get 15-20 foot surges which is water taller than most 1 story homes.

r2.png

yobitch.png

Can't tell if it is turning more back west in that or if eyewall shrank. All through the night hurricane force winds was 60 miles from center and now it is 50 miles. So it is possible field shrunk, or it may be turning back more west.

Last edited:

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They'll get flooding. Hell they already are and it seems like they have it every month. North coast may see Cat 1 winds otherwise whole island will get TS winds and they are said to have a 3-5 foot surge which other than beach houses should be easily delt with. The danger for them is if it wobbles west or changes west before planned.
Bahamas will get 15-20 foot surges which is water taller than most 1 story homes.

View attachment 153087

View attachment 153088
Can't tell if it is turning more back west in that or if eyewall shrank. All through the night hurricane force winds was 60 miles from center and now it is 50 miles. So it is possible field shrunk, or it may be turning back more west.

Could be an eyewall replacement.