Weather

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Holy duck, why does FPL have so many boots on the ground compared to the others, no wonder it's moving briskly over here in FPL areas

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
two_atl_5d0.png

• 1Like

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Holy duck, why does FPL have so many boots on the ground compared to the others, no wonder it's moving briskly over here in FPL areas

After katrina they made a lot of changes to both better stage stuff for emergencies and bolster cross state pacts for specific responses to various disasters. For harvey there was not a lot they could do as most of the damage was pure flooding but for irma mass power line work is something that is very doable and they really sent in the calvary to help with that.

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
In addition to Kaid as to why FPL got the lion share of workers, it was staged and planned prior to landfall back when it was supposed to have rocked the east coast I think. They didn't just call after it wrecked everything and said hey send down your best 30,000. Planning was taking place for it back before it even hit the Virgins.( I assume )

• 1Like

Vaclav

In addition to Kaid as to why FPL got the lion share of workers, it was staged and planned prior to landfall back when it was supposed to have rocked the east coast I think. They didn't just call after it wrecked everything and said hey send down your best 30,000. Planning was taking place for it back before it even hit the Virgins.( I assume )

Likely true - damn happy to be on the good side of it though - can only imagine how much it would suck if we had half as many guys (or less) - as is we've still got TONS of road and traffic lights out of service where we've gotta treat every other block as a 4-way stop for the time being. Crazy thing is over by the elementary school I have to constantly pass the traffic lights look to be functional - but the storm flipped them all facing north almost precisely, so they've been set to a "hazard loop" of red and yellow flashing. Was surreal driving down my main road from home to grab some food late at night, all dead traffic lights, no road lights then staring at 4 lights facing my direction on a 1 lane road, lol.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Your cattle safe?

Yeah, the big fires are not near us, just blowing in unbelievable amounts of smoke from the West.

In other news, 1.5" of rain so far and it's supposed to keep up into tomorrow. This is going to make fall look a lot nicer and probably put out a lot of fires, especially the ones in the mountains since they're getting snow up there.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, the big fires are not near us, just blowing in unbelievable amounts of smoke from the West.

In other news, 1.5" of rain so far and it's supposed to keep up into tomorrow. This is going to make fall look a lot nicer and probably put out a lot of fires, especially the ones in the mountains since they're getting snow up there.

Smoked meats, before butchered?

• 3Worf
  • 1Trump
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Smoked meats, before butchered?

Yeah, it's been crazy. Quite a few days there hasn't been anywhere in the state that didn't have air quality advisories. Hurts your eyes just going outdoors. I hope that's behind us now though since this rain seems really widespread.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
For you East Coasters- Esp those of us around New England/NY/NJ

models have Jose Possibly/potentially heading our way the middle of next week. all depends on how west the storm tracks- Irma ended up what ~200 miles west of the tracks predicted a week before? if that happens then new england probably gets landfall...since i am just north of boston (live on a hill so no flooding potential at ALL.. though the downtown area of my city..well lets just say can flood (13yrs ago the downtown area - after ~10inches of rain or so- was under 5 feet of water, took about 3-4 days until the roads opened again...the funny thing with that happening is the head of the DPW said that with the new Culvert and drainage system installed (which was FINISHED about a month prior to the storm) that the downtown would never get flooded again...month later...TADA karma is a bitch.

• 1Like

Vaclav

For you East Coasters- Esp those of us around New England/NY/NJ

models have Jose Possibly/potentially heading our way the middle of next week. all depends on how west the storm tracks- Irma ended up what ~200 miles west of the tracks predicted a week before? if that happens then new england probably gets landfall...since i am just north of boston (live on a hill so no flooding potential at ALL.. though the downtown area of my city..well lets just say can flood (13yrs ago the downtown area - after ~10inches of rain or so- was under 5 feet of water, took about 3-4 days until the roads opened again...the funny thing with that happening is the head of the DPW said that with the new Culvert and drainage system installed (which was FINISHED about a month prior to the storm) that the downtown would never get flooded again...month later...TADA karma is a bitch.

Oh jeez was just talking to woman's doc a couple ago, I knew there was zero chance of it hitting FL - but it's sizing up for a reasonable shot at hitting NY/etc at this point? I know I'd seen a spaghetti plot with like 20 paths with one outlier heading out that way, but I figured it was the odd man out.

• 1Like

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider

also helps knock a lot of the shit out of the air to spare people's lungs some pain.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Yeah, it's been crazy. Quite a few days there hasn't been anywhere in the state that didn't have air quality advisories. Hurts your eyes just going outdoors. I hope that's behind us now though since this rain seems really widespread.

Glacier and w Montana in general really got the shit kicked out of it this summer, was really bummed out when I saw the pics of Sperry Chalet getting toasted. Glad to hear it's finally winding down.

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
YT live video just a bit ago from Nate driving around the keys. Was cool to see that aircraft carrier out in the sea off shore. I didn't realize they had endless amounts of coast guard down there turning back everyone attempting to boat back to the Keys. If you are caught twice trying to dock up, you are arrested.

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
Current prediction 5 days out. No name yet. This one if it gets to this strength and remains under PR will really screw them since it is on the south side and they will get full storm surge.
Since it doesn't exist yet things can change before then one way or another.

was.png

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
YT live video just a bit ago from Nate driving around the keys. Was cool to see that aircraft carrier out in the sea off shore. I didn't realize they had endless amounts of coast guard down there turning back everyone attempting to boat back to the Keys. If you are caught twice trying to dock up, you are arrested.
I don't quite get this whole keeping people out of the Keys thing.

If someone wants to go back to their property, who gives a shit? Just make it clear that you're not rescuing them.

The whole thing seems a little bit like government overstepping their bounds to me.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Oldbased

> Than U
I don't quite get this whole keeping people out of the Keys thing.

If someone wants to go back to their property, who gives a shit? Just make it clear that you're not rescuing them.

The whole thing seems a little bit like government overstepping their bounds to me.
He had some cool videos driving around the streets. They have already cleared many of the downed trees and even swept the roads of most debris.
Publix and other stores are back open in the Keys although stock and supplies is at a standstill. National Guard has a full day supply line where you can get water, ice, boxes of MREs as you wish you just pull up and they load you up.
I do think it is best they have power on before going back and I understand blocking of the roads but the turning back/arresting people who live there returning by boat seemed odd to me.
For everyday the power is out and someone isn't able to work on their home, more damage is done, both mentally to the people who need to recover and the structure that they live in.
Anyways appears FEMA will help them out with some temp money and you can file for emergency food aid and emergency unemployment funds.

ras.png

• 1Like

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
Aircraft carrier, hmm. @Lumi What are they hiding in the Keys?

• 2Worf

Palum

what Suineg set it to
He had some cool videos driving around the streets. They have already cleared many of the downed trees and even swept the roads of most debris.
Publix and other stores are back open in the Keys although stock and supplies is at a standstill. National Guard has a full day supply line where you can get water, ice, boxes of MREs as you wish you just pull up and they load you up.
I do think it is best they have power on before going back and I understand blocking of the roads but the turning back/arresting people who live there returning by boat seemed odd to me.
For everyday the power is out and someone isn't able to work on their home, more damage is done, both mentally to the people who need to recover and the structure that they live in.
Anyways appears FEMA will help them out with some temp money and you can file for emergency food aid and emergency unemployment funds.

View attachment 153491

Yea OK Equifax nice try

• 1Like