Weather

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Glacier and w Montana in general really got the shit kicked out of it this summer, was really bummed out when I saw the pics of Sperry Chalet getting toasted. Glad to hear it's finally winding down.

Eastern MT got burned a lot as well. One fire north of me burned over 300,000 acres. Some ranchers lost 100% of their grass and fences and had to ship all of the cattle that lived to feedlots in Nebraska and they're going to live down there for the winter and work at the feedlot to help pay for it.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Lots of deadlines for power restoration getting pushed back. Companies that are contracted to Duke and others saying they are not being allowed to help. Duke only working 10 hour days. Linemen in some areas are saying at least the 22nd while the PR people are saying the 15th which past. Doubt i get power back by monday like they said. The really annoying part is there doesnt seem to be any visual damage in my neighborhood so its probably just a fuse or something.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Apparently last night they just cut those guys off at the end of the street to give us power, that giant fucking tree that snapped those 2 poles hasn't been touched.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Apparently last night they just cut those guys off at the end of the street to give us power, that giant fucking tree that snapped those 2 poles hasn't been touched.

Working round the clock!

• 3Worf

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Fuck Florida, not a god damn thing worth saving. Move all that shit back to Texas. I want the shit fixed pronto so my god damn gas prices start going back down. That shit jumped 40 cents since Mother Nature tried obliterating the State.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Fuck Florida indeed. Been here two months so far and its awful. Just awful.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

Oldbased

> Than U
Maria scheduled to form today/tomorrow and track to PR Wednesday night as a hurricane. Lee formed this morning but is way the hell out and supposed to be a nothing burger at this time. Lee denied us a great name service.

Appears it will make landfall on southern side Puerto Rico as a cat 2-3. Several people had concern there last time with Irma so if you have family/friends there you may want to keep an eye out. This is all going to happen or not within 5 days.

upcoming.png

Also looks like edko edko can return tomorrow if he so chooses but supplies, water, gas and power are still not fully in place.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
She is a coming.

ma.png

edko edko starter pack.
3000-6250 watt generator.
Place on 2nd floor balcony. Can't be stolen or what is really going on people stealing the fuel from cars/gens atm in Keys.
6000-8000 btu AC.
As much fuel as you can.
Some lifestraws/water filtration. They have limited water service a few hours a day as they ID leak spots.
Food.
Tarps, contractor bags, bleach.

They have 3x a day you can pick up ice, water, food rations locally and FEMA EBT/Cash cards.
Get family back before next hits. With Gen/AC fuck leaving unless it is severe. Get back to life.
Send us nudes.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
She is a coming.

View attachment 153513

edko edko starter pack.
3000-6250 watt generator.
Place on 2nd floor balcony. Can't be stolen or what is really going on people stealing the fuel from cars/gens atm in Keys.
6000-8000 btu AC.
As much fuel as you can.
Some lifestraws/water filtration. They have limited water service a few hours a day as they ID leak spots.
Food.
Tarps, contractor bags, bleach.

They have 3x a day you can pick up ice, water, food rations locally and FEMA EBT/Cash cards.
Get family back before next hits. With Gen/AC fuck leaving unless it is severe. Get back to life.
Send us nudes.

I'm also getting a chain saw, gloves, masks, rubber boots, fix a flat cans, tire patch kits, vinegar and peroxide (mixed together, it makes a formidable mold killing penetrant), extra dewalt batteries, and some more crap already on a list.

There is a food and water distro point across frommy neighborhood which is apparently very stocked with water, but I am bringing enough water and electrolyte juice to last a month. Towing the boat with me gives me alot of space to bring alot of stuff with me.

• 3Like

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
I do think it is best they have power on before going back and I understand blocking of the roads but the turning back/arresting people who live there returning by boat seemed odd to me.

I imagine it is something like a fire captain standing outside and holding back a family who wants to run back into their burning house to save mittens.

Sorry folks, you're too emotional and it's too dangerous. Let's my boys handle it. They train on this shit endlessly and can be calm and rational, and when it's safe then you can go back in.

• 1Like

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
I'm also getting a chain saw, gloves, masks, rubber boots, fix a flat cans, tire patch kits, vinegar and peroxide (mixed together, it makes a formidable mold killing penetrant), extra dewalt batteries, and some more crap already on a list.

Great list, you've got the main thing. Main thing is to have the armor. If you're wearing the right armor, you can do anything.

• 3Like

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't quite get this whole keeping people out of the Keys thing.

If someone wants to go back to their property, who gives a shit? Just make it clear that you're not rescuing them.

The whole thing seems a little bit like government overstepping their bounds to me.

Here's the problem in a nutshell. The upper keys got damage but their power, water and sewer remained mainly intact. They were allowed back in and pretty much have a functioning infrastructure. The road block was setup at MM74 to prevent anyone going south.

Key West also got off lucky. They also now have water, sewer and power in the majority of areas. So of course, the mayor wants those people in.

In the middle, though, it's different. Marathon got clobbered on the east side of the storm. Significant damage to basic functions. Then of course my area got a bomb dropped on it. 300 power poles in Big Pine alone were snapped in two. There's debris everywhere. The sewer system is backed up and non functioning. There is no water. The basic relief systems are struggling as is to support the people who rode it out. There are concrete power poles that fell to the ground and the tie line isn't functional. In short, it is nowhere near safe to have all of these so called independent motherfuckers come down and get in the way.

Things will get fixed faster if people don't go.

But as of this morning, they are open and there is already a head on crash in Big Pine.

I get people wanting to see their property and tarp their roof and shit. That will come at a cost of getting basic services back and getting the area functional again. I don't begrudge people doing it but there are consequences to people as a whole for clogging roads and being in the way...and a potential issue if they get sick or injured.

• 1Like

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Some lady today said Maria was coming to Florida again. Is it heading to the gulf?

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
Looking more and more that Maria will spare Florida any drama. Keep an eye on it.

Also while A1 no longer has checkpoints, they still have them for your neighborhood edko edko so only workers and people who live there can go in and out. Keys Recovery – Monroe County Emergency Management

Most of those things you mentioned wouldn't hold me back. The lack of functioning sewage system would prevent me from taking Shelly and the pets back if not me. I've dealt with 2 mass sewage failures from flooding/storms. Was not worth the $20 a hour I was making at the times to cleanup.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Looking more and more that Maria will spare Florida any drama. Keep an eye on it.

Also while A1 no longer has checkpoints, they still have them for your neighborhood edko edko so only workers and people who live there can go in and out. Keys Recovery – Monroe County Emergency Management

Most of those things you mentioned wouldn't hold me back. The lack of functioning sewage system would prevent me from taking Shelly and the pets back if not me. I've dealt with 2 mass sewage failures from flooding/storms. Was not worth the $20 a hour I was making at the times to cleanup.

It's the only real thing keeping me away. I looked into a compost toilet as a temp solution. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

It's frustrating that my friends homes are sitting there collecting mold and rot and it is not habitable to go fix that shit.

Edit: The guards at the streets are to protect looters from getting shot the fuck up.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>

If you're picking up a chainsaw you better buy a pair of chaps as well. Chainsaws deserve respect, and ALL the protection you can have. A pair of chaps saved me from a 6 inch gash on the top of my right thigh.

https://www.amazon.com/Forester-Cha...F8&qid=1505742554&sr=8-1&keywords=stihl+chaps

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users