Weather

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
They're using the smaller earthquakes until they triangulate one directly under Lanx's house, that's when they'll let the 9.0 rip

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Had an 4.0 in AK whene I was there just miles away. Sad part is I was sleeping on the second floor of the house and didn't even wake up. Missed it, phooey.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
earthquake08232011-neverforget.jpg

Remember the real earthquakes! (Was at least a 5.8 in Virginia)

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Anything under a 5 is barely noticeable unless you're right on top of it.

Borzak

Since we were on earthquakes.

HONOLULU, Hawaii (HawaiiNewsNow) - Authorities are closely watching an eruption that started Sunday night at Kilauea’s Halemaumau Crater, sending plumes of smoke into the air and prompting concerns about ashfall.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole

I guess us east coasters are just more sensitive to that shit, I felt that fucker all the way in Jersey. I remember because I was working nights and that fucker woke me up because my window blinds were banging into the sides of the windows. I also remember reading an article that some of the earthquakes here have different fault line action or something causing them to be felt further out but not causing as much damage.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
it's 7 earthquakes in a circular pattern! the govt put a redneck hadron collider right underneath my feet, almost!

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
3.5 is the threshold for feeling them in my opinion. Granted, that's if you're within probably 10 miles.

I suspect you've never actually felt a 4.0 - 5.0 earthquake, because there's definitely no mistaking it for quite a distance away.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
3.5 is the threshold for feeling them in my opinion. Granted, that's if you're within probably 10 miles.

I suspect you've never actually felt a 4.0 - 5.0 earthquake, because there's definitely no mistaking it for quite a distance away.
I was in a 5 once that was centered maybe 25 miles away. There was no question the ground was shaking, but it's not like water was sloshing out of my glass or anything. Certainly wasn't knocking anything off of a shelf. In the 10 years I was in California I was very disappointed with the frequency and severity of earthquakes. From the way people in California talk I was thinking shit would be shaking all the time. In 10 years I only felt 3 earthquakes and that 5 was the only one that was more than "Did you feel that? Was that an earthquake? I'm not sure.".

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i guess they liked how they could scare people with their stupid headlines. apparently its going to rain here tomorrow and there will be some wind. but OMG its the end of the world. the incredible thing i find is that its going to be 60s in NJ on Christmas.

Malakriss

58 right now, will be 60 at midnight then crash down to freezing for Christmas. But the rain will have moved out by then so no chance of a white christmas.

• 1Like

Borzak

Had a tornado at 2am near here last night. Hadn't rained in a while. Today of course the wind blew 25-30 all day and was around 35. Prior to the storm last night it was 65.

• 1Like

Malakriss

There was an additional wave that came in overnight and the leading edge was deep red on radar. Ended up with 3" of rain yesterday but because moisture is still in the area we're getting flurries right now. Good enough, Merry Christmas all

• 2Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I think I just got tornadoed out here in AZ. It just ripped my tree apart and my neighbors roof two doors down is gone. A few others have their roof tiles missing or uplifted like someone scratched it up but the one neighbor got fucked. It's fucking cold and I have snow patches in my yard in god damn phoenix arizona. The wind was deafening. It was louder then a jet engine. Now it's all sunny out like nothing happened.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers