Weather

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Texas people will have the priviliges of us northerners. They get to experience a half a foot of snow on ground, but their cars getting slammed with 2 feet of snow due to the plows. And of course you cant push that snow back on the middle of the road.
We had a big storm with a couple feet of snow 5-6 years ago. The 25 year old neighbor kid spent like 45 minutes digging his car out. Went inside for a bit and a plow ended up covering it back up. His mom was laughing, he was bitching. So this time he uncovers it again, takes 20 minutes or so. Starts it and actually sits in it while it warms up. Same snow plow guy comes by and covers it back up, and he’s laughing so hard this time he’s about in tears. Kids mom is dying laughing, you see him in the car screaming and cussing. Now he can barely get his door open to get out to clear it again.

God damn was that funny.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah the joy of plows. Its why I wait to do my driveway until the first couple of plowings. And fuck people who leave their car in the street by the curb and get plowed in. Its always the same fucking people too. You know the shit is coming days in advance and instead of parking in the driveway they just leave their cars to get plowed in. My wifes jeep is quite large but we find a way to fit both cars on the driveway for the snow. Its common sense. Coming from Fla, it took me one winter here to learn all these basic survival skills.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
We had a big storm with a couple feet of snow 5-6 years ago. The 25 year old neighbor kid spent like 45 minutes digging his car out. Went inside for a bit and a plow ended up covering it back up. His mom was laughing, he was bitching. So this time he uncovers it again, takes 20 minutes or so. Starts it and actually sits in it while it warms up. Same snow plow guy comes by and covers it back up, and he’s laughing so hard this time he’s about in tears. Kids mom is dying laughing, you see him in the car screaming and cussing. Now he can barely get his door open to get out to clear it again.

God damn was that funny.
It took me a long time to perfect the art of digging out in a few minutes. First thing you do is clear door. open car and start it it up with heat on full. Then just clear an opening by the driver fender and behind the trunk. Get in car and back up and move forward using only idling speed. Do it til all that snow is packed in. Then just drive out of the hole you cleared by the fender. All told that's less than 10 minutes and the heater inside the car melted most of the snow on the car. Most people think they're unearthing king tuts tomb. They clear the entire length of the car. All around and under. Takes them hours. Ain't nobody got time for that. I got shit to do.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
It took me a long time to perfect the art of digging out in a few minutes. First thing you do is clear door. open car and start it it up with heat on full. Then just clear an opening by the driver fender and behind the trunk. Get in car and back up and move forward using only idling speed. Do it til all that snow is packed in. Then just drive out of the hole you cleared by the fender. All told that's less than 10 minutes and the heater inside the car melted most of the snow on the car. Most people think they're unearthing king tuts tomb. They clear the entire length of the car. All around and under. Takes them hours. Ain't nobody got time for that. I got shit to do.
you know the popo go crazy ticketing you if you don't clean your roof, one of the first things my nj neighbors told me to be weary of,

best investment was this
ec302175c7129967cf24552fc4bd0b50.png

just push that fucking snow off. i have one for each car, i was using mine for the honda (cuz i'm cleaning out the garage, and i don't have the space to pull it in) and the neighbors were amazed, hell even the crazy neighbor w/ the mask across the street came over to see it.

it's just a fucking foam broom.

also i showed them my homemade deicer i keep in spray bottle, it's just isoproyphyl alcohol and dishsoap.

these midwesterners are so inept with snow

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
you know the popo go crazy ticketing you if you don't clean your roof, one of the first things my nj neighbors told me to be weary of,

best investment was this
ec302175c7129967cf24552fc4bd0b50.png

just push that fucking snow off. i have one for each car, i was using mine for the honda (cuz i'm cleaning out the garage, and i don't have the space to pull it in) and the neighbors were amazed, hell even the crazy neighbor w/ the mask across the street came over to see it.

it's just a fucking foam broom.

also i showed them my homemade deicer i keep in spray bottle, it's just isoproyphyl alcohol and dishsoap.

these midwesterners are so inept with snow
thats what i have, well i have an extendible scraper/squeegee/brush thing i bought at Rickel back in the mid 90s. it was made for cleaning off a minvan, but it works great on my convertible.
61AiFGclwJL._AC_SX355_.jpg

but with the heat on, the snow melts by itself if its something like 6 inches. convertible top is just heavy vinyl. ice and snow slide right off

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Internet been down since 4am here in Dallas. No signs of it coming back today either. Glad you can't do anything these days without it.

Worst. Snowday. Ever.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
thats what i have, well i have an extendible scraper/squeegee/brush thing i bought at Rickel back in the mid 90s. it was made for cleaning off a minvan, but it works great on my convertible.
61AiFGclwJL._AC_SX355_.jpg

but with the heat on, the snow melts by itself if its something like 6 inches. convertible top is just heavy vinyl. ice and snow slide right off
yea the end of the foam broom is also a scraper

in hindsight, i would have wanted a brush/broom instead of the foam for the honda, b/c it has the wiper fluid nozzles in the hood
e468ff5f21df04eb9984d4f69a472430.png

(instead of tucked at the windshield)

and if you put the snow off the hood and forget about those 2 little nubs it really fucks up the foam.

• 1Like

Cybsled

shoveling (well more like using broom to push snow since it's not compacted now) and neighbor across the st decides to go back inside and come out w/ a mask

wtf white ppl

As an aside, masks are actually kind of nice in cold weather. Cold dry air does a number on me, so I would try to wrap a scarf or one of those pull down fleece things that covers your lower face. But they would always shift or sometimes be too warm. A decent cloth mask helps retain some of the moisture well enough to counteract some of the effects

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Wait till China gets more involved with the power grid. I heard they build top quality stuff.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Wind power will save us.

Attachments

• EuSIAYcXIAIm7ij.jpg
    EuSIAYcXIAIm7ij.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 1Worf

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Seeing lots of cities with rolling blackouts happening, how the fuck is our energy infrastructure so shitty.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Seeing lots of cities with rolling blackouts happening, how the fuck is our energy infrastructure so shitty.
Because in 2021 a significant amount of our energy generation comes from solar and wind, which not only simply do not work under the current conditions but utterly lack the ability to meet abnormal demand like we are seeing now. Combine that with everyone use electricity in the impacted regions and it compounds the problem.

Aka you are getting what you deserve. A non retarded society would use methods of power generation that allow you to easily and cheaply produce extra power, that means more natural gas/oil/coal plants. But we are a retarded society.

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users