Weather

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
What’s the likelihood of this flooding New Orleans?

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Looks like the eye landfall was between 40 and 50 miles from Narlins, from a rough measure on the map.
Depending on the size of the eye, at that distance NO might get a cat or two less winds. Unless the eye is really large they they may see full strength winds.

Fucker

Log Wizard
I never understood the thought process behind willingly driving around during a dangerous storm.

12.gif

• 1Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Does this mean it leaks oil everywhere? Or does it just mean a platform is adrift?

So far all I've heard is adrift and they were tracking with GPS. The one thing I heard was nobody on board so likely not pumping or even drilling at the time. Reported to have moved 35 miles someone said by tracking GPS. Mentioned 130 miles from New Orleans, but there's a lot of stuff out there to hit. Other rigs and such.

• 2Like

Borzak

Just looked at the entergy outage map. New Orleans is all red lots of outtages. Starting to have quite a few in Baton Rouge. Looked here they had 1 outtage affecting 1 customer. Figured it could have been someone hitting a pole or something. 30 seconds later our power went out for 30 seconds then back on. Generator didn't even kick in. It's coming.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Trust what you see on TV as fact, right? Turn the volume off it's recorded at someones hosue with the TV in the background.

• 5Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users

Borzak

Big problem post hurricane is going to be getting any work done. My parents just bought a new dishwasher when theirs died. Had it delivered and the socket needed something. I couldn't get down there now so called an electrician. 4 weeks for someone to do 5 minutes of work. They had a plumber out a few weeks ago and it took him 2 months to get out there where normally it's close to same day on stuff.

Juvarisx

Florida
Reed Timmer had to start doing FB stream to use his GPS, he is on the move somewhere its nuts

• 2Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
Big problem post hurricane is going to be getting any work done. My parents just bought a new dishwasher when theirs died. Had it delivered and the socket needed something. I couldn't get down there now so called an electrician. 4 weeks for someone to do 5 minutes of work. They had a plumber out a few weeks ago and it took him 2 months to get out there where normally it's close to same day on stuff.
Seems like it is always something these fucking days.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Does this mean it leaks oil everywhere? Or does it just mean a platform is adrift?
It’s be gross negligence if they didn’t disconnect, so pretty safe to assume they did and the platform itself is just floating along after ripping off of tethers, I would assume.