Weather

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Supposedly anywhere from 6 to 12 inches here in North Jersey. Fucking snow every week, sheesh. My town cleared out piles of it from the streets today using Bobcats and dump trucks to make way for more. I think just about everyone is taking Thursday off in anticipation of it.

I hope all of this doesn't turn out like it did one winter where it snowed like crazy, it all piled up, then got super warm and rained a lot. That caused a ton of trees to fall and serious flooding.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I hope all of this doesn't turn out like it did one winter where it snowed like crazy, it all piled up, then got super warm and rained a lot. That caused a ton of trees to fall and serious flooding.
That's a pretty major concern all over the northern part of the country, actually. The ground water saturation could be incredibly problematic this spring, and actually cause more problems than the snow did.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
dinged 78 the other day, thanks to this coming thursday i will probably get 80. i am so over this winter already. spring needs to hurry the fuck up.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Sounds like the biggest storm of the season is about to pound the east coast in the ass.

Meanwhile, it's going to be almost fucking 80 degrees here all week. Going to have to turn the damn AC on...fuck.
In Central Cali we will be in the low to Mid 70's Well, are now. I'm sleeping with my window open in the beg of feb. This is nuts. Well, window is cracked a few inches.

We need some fucking Rain Bad. I have a small river/big creek going through themiddle of our city and that bitch is bone dry just about.

moontayle

Golden Squire
I try not to bitch about the weather because I willingly live in a place that gets cold and snow. But fuck it's cold outside. I'm ready for this winter to be over.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
It's been a wacky winter here. We've had alternating weeks where one week it barely breaks zero degrees the whole week, and then weeks like this one where it's pushing 50 above. It's been either unseasonably warm or brutally cold with not much in between.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
In Central Cali we will be in the low to Mid 70's Well, are now. I'm sleeping with my window open in the beg of feb. This is nuts. Well, window is cracked a few inches.

We need some fucking Rain Bad. I have a small river/big creek going through themiddle of our city and that bitch is bone dry just about.
Did you not get any of the rain the past week? It rained for 5-6 straight days here. Snow in the mountains too.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oh yeah, we are fucked in Athens GA. lol. Nobody is on the roads and my manager for the plant is at work alone because nobody can get into work. They have a 4 wheel drive and are attempting to come get me but I will then have to come back home for a bit to check on my daughter and dog and then go back to work to work through 3rd shift into the morning. This is going to be a long day....

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
i live just north of boston. the weather peeps have no bloody clue what we are getting. all due to not knowing how far inland the warmer air is going to get.

we could get ~2" of snow then mostly rain
or we could get ~10" of snow and no rain

the band between the 2" totals & the foot totals is ~30 miles wide. storm center passes a bit farther south = more snow, a bit farther north barely any snow...

oh btw the past ~ month we have been in a la nina jet stream pattern, there is no a la nina currently, but, it might become one if another 2ish months pass with the temps in the ocean remaining ~.5c lower than normal(its been a few weeks where the temps have been low enough).. the pacific has been "neutral" for the past year and a half or so...but this getting storm after storm riding up the coast is a classic la nina weather pattern...heck the sw being dry is part of that, ya'll NEED a el nino (the SW gets more rain in el nino conditions)

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Weather Channel says I'm getting 1-2", .gov says 4-8" and weather underground says 8-14"

They suck at determining temperature lines.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
It's wild here in Kennesaw, GA. The snow is frozen so hard that it doesn't crush underfoot, and it's been sleeting all morning. It's almost stopped for now, but still coming down very lightly.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Around here in Raleigh, people did the same thing they did back in 2005, all left work at the same time the snow started. Problem is it's snowing so hard the roads were covered in a half hour. Abandoned cars all over the place now.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
My parents grew up in Wisconsin, so they never experienced any other weather until they got married and the Air Force stationed them in Southern California. They told me that after the first winter they wondered why the fuck anyone ever lived in Wisconsin or anywhere similar.

I've been in Northern California since I was about 5 I think. I've visited Wisconsin (and tons of other places), in both summer and winter, and fuck that. Sure it gets hot here (Sacramento), but it is nothing like a Wisconsin summer. And I've felt maybe 3-4 earthquakes total in all my years here. Weather-wise, I can't imagine living anywhere else.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
My parents grew up in Wisconsin, so they never experienced any other weather until they got married and the Air Force stationed them in Southern California. They told me that after the first winter they wondered why the fuck anyone ever lived in Wisconsin or anywhere similar.

I've been in Northern California since I was about 5 I think. I've visited Wisconsin (and tons of other places), in both summer and winter, and fuck that. Sure it gets hot here (Sacramento), but it is nothing like a Wisconsin summer. And I've felt maybe 3-4 earthquakes total in all my years here. Weather-wise, I can't imagine living anywhere else.
But dude! Seasons!

Orcus_sl

shitlord
Huge clusterfuck in Chapel Hill today. Duke and NC State were smart enough to cancel classes, UNC was not. They didn't send people home until the snow started falling. It was mayhem, cars in ditches, sat at an intersection for 30 minutes.

My front yard a little while ago. Wife and doge enjoying the snow
smile.png

Attachment 60134

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Thanks bro! I hope that you don't manage to take anyone with you when your crazy ass tries to mass murder a bunch of classmates or coworkers or whatever.
dat dusn't make sense. why would I do that to my classmates. I would do that in the shopping mall.